Post by n0el »

anyways, its a china buff. i'll take it regardless of being ugly. :chinese:
mad cuz bad
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: EP 7.1.x Beta [2019-12-30]

Post by zoom »

n0el wrote:Please show me replays where you age up with 17 vils and build two villages on a coin start, without getting significant treasures.
If I ever manage, I'll be sure to share them with you. Now, can you please read my post again and try to understand the logic I'm trying to explain to you?

The actual difference, between a 100w start, and a non-wood start, is – at most – the equivalent of 40w. The slight Village cost buff makes it at most 20w, if you build two early Villages, which is practically like building two Villages on an 80w start, which I'm sure you'll agree isn't far off building two Villages on a 100w start, which I'm sure you'll agree is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

Are you disregarding that a food crate is replacing the wood crate?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Also if you get a coin treas (which you usually do) you can speed up your age up time by going market
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

zoom wrote:
n0el wrote:Please show me replays where you age up with 17 vils and build two villages on a coin start, without getting significant treasures.
If I ever manage, I'll be sure to share them with you. Now, can you please read my post again and try to understand the logic I'm trying to explain to you?

The actual difference, between a 100w start, and a non-wood start, is – at most – the equivalent of 40w. The slight Village cost buff makes it at most 20w, if you build two early Villages, which is practically like building two Villages on an 80w start, which I'm sure you'll agree isn't far off building two Villages on a 100w start, which I'm sure you'll agree is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

Are you disregarding that a food crate is replacing the wood crate?
No, that is what the start is I agree. But without getting good treasures, you are slower on the vil shipment, which slows your age up or idles you. you can't theorycraft that.
mad cuz bad
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Re: EP 7.1.x Beta [2019-12-24]

Post by zoom »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
n0el wrote:Why doesn’t that fix cease fire? It seems like the best solution possible. Doesn’t affect the defensive aspect from saving vils but limits Offensive use.
Probably because it nerfs ceasefire into the ground. Why would you ever use ceasefire now if your opponent is guaranteed to run away? The defensive aspect is still there, but the defensive aspect of the Taj Majal is severely outclassed by Charminar and ToV. The old ceasefire obviously had its flaws and I believe nerfing the duration would be a logical point to start.
It's nerfing neither the Wonder nor the ability into the ground; it's only nerfing the incredibly problematic, unintended usage of the ability into the ground. That's the entire point. The intended function of the ability doesn't make for a good comparison to Inspiration; let alone the ability to train Mansabdars. Ultimately, having the option to disable your opponent from attacking for 15 seconds is a differente beast, and incredibly powerful, in various common situations; whether you're about to lose Villagers to a raid, have just aged and are waiting for a shipment, or want to consolidate your forces.

Based on prior feedback, I'm concerned that nerfing Cease Fire to 15s would only worsen abuse, and that nerfing the ability to 10s would turn it into your worst nightmare – and that nerfing it to 5s would adversely affect the intended purpose of the ability, to an unacceptable degree. The idea is to eliminate abuse of the ability, and to move it away from being a no-brainer, get-out-of-jail free card – with serious disruption to balance and gameplay – into a decision requiring situational consideration, making it skill based, rather than anti-skill.

We'll see whether this change has desirable enough effects.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Cometk wrote:190w villages or 180w or however you have it is not a negligible buff, it's actually really nice. just consider the difference small changes like 140w manors and 125f cdb had to brits and french

i agree however that 190w in particular is super ugly
Please avert your eyes from the Longhouse and Manor House!
:flowers:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: EP 7.1.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

Post by Hazza54321 »

what a surprise russia feels shit with expensive musks, almost as if i said it all along..