EP7.1 Pre-tournament Balance Poll (Jan 2020)

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: EP7.1 Pre-tournament Balance Poll (Jan 2020)

Post by Hazza54321 »

spanish gold and the unit shipment buffs were nice. unction and the lancer card its actually quite hard to make use off for the most part. spanish are probably about average or abit below idk
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

Its not just civs that are unbalanced... Its the maps and gold,wood,food starts that also affect the civ alot. And not to mention treasures... This is why ao3 fails competitively. How can you ever balance a game where much of it is based on pure luck. If u want consistent results remove treasures completely and make starting resources fixed on every map.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

AraGun wrote:Its not just civs that are unbalanced... Its the maps and gold,wood,food starts that also affect the civ alot. And not to mention treasures... This is why ao3 fails competitively. How can you ever balance a game where much of it is based on pure luck. If u want consistent results remove treasures completely and make starting resources fixed on every map.
Uninteresting age 1, no adapting, bot builds. Randomness introduces actual skill into the game in terms of decision making, strategy and improvisation. One thing i was actually thinking of would be what the game would be like without the black map, with the whole map revealed at the start (not spies, just the map itself) in terms of age 1
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

@Garja stop theory crafting and go play spanish just to show us how strong spanish are. You are always like that, you talk a lot but where are the fact? Of course spanish gold are op in your hand, if you use moesbar spanish gold :D
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

so spanish hype has died. and they back to bottom ? I think they not bad.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

lordraphael wrote:so spanish hype has died. and they back to bottom ? I think they not bad.
I hope we see glorious return of Spain in the hands of Raphael. The elo formula has been changed and you are number 8 now :O
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Spanish have maybe too many unplayable mu, mean they are easy at couterpick.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

lordraphael wrote:so spanish hype has died. and they back to bottom ? I think they not bad.
Indeed, it seems a bit much. Many players have always had a tendency to exaggerate perceived strength or weakness, though, and we should note that the difference between civilizations is much closer, in this poll, than the previous one, which the graph on the right doesn't do a great job at conveying, while the numbers do.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

AraGun wrote:Its not just civs that are unbalanced... Its the maps and gold,wood,food starts that also affect the civ alot. And not to mention treasures... This is why ao3 fails competitively. How can you ever balance a game where much of it is based on pure luck. If u want consistent results remove treasures completely and make starting resources fixed on every map.
Crate starts, maps and treasures were certainly major issues, on RE.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
zoom wrote:
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:Polls should always have a "I don't know/don't care option" if you want accurate results. It would overwhelmingly win many polls if it were included !
Every option is non-mandatory, now. If anyone doesn't want to answer a specific question, they should simply not respond to it.
However the number of "I don't know / don't care" answers can also be significant and it's good polling methodology to include it in any poll (be it about controversial topics such as politics or AOE3 balance, or about consensual ones like which country has the best cooking).
Good point—I agree!

Total respondents: 42

Missing responses:

Aztecs: 6
Sioux: 3
Spanish: 2
British, Germans, Indians, Iroquois, Japanese, Portuguese, Russians: 1
EP balance satisfaction: 1
Total: 19 out of 714 questions (~2.66%)

Bonus results:

Average confidence: 142/42 = ~3.381
Average balance satisfaction: 161/41 = ~3.927
Average overall satisfaction: 171/42 = ~4.07

Excellent stuff! Once again, thank you to everyone who responded to the poll!

OP updated accordingly.