Revert the snare of scout in age 2?

China Zeke
Dragoon
ESO: XYH

Revert the snare of scout in age 2?

Post by Zeke »

I recently tried some scout strats on RE with Sioux and Aztecs, which work pretty decent in some matchups (like skrim goon). Though I'm not a top player, which means my opponents may not react in the best way, but I believe by revert this change could let something unexpected happening in some games. :P
On the other hand, the nerf of snare basically results from an unfair advantage in age 1, so giving native scout the ability of snare won't have great influence in normal games as players have already aged up and got their trading posts up.
Feel free to express ur opinion about this and wish there are even more good games in the future!
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Re: Revert the snare of scout in age 2?

Post by chronique »

I am not sure we need to do some "weird" balance just for trying one random strat ^^.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Snare was only ever a problem in age 1 so I don't see why not.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Snare is bs, don't add it back.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

To be fair, scouts act essentially like double carded (stealth & combat) Coyote but with a little less attack, more siege and less speed. They have massive LOS and ignore pikes and goons. Additionally they do pretty well vs rusket-strel. Fun unit, super cheesy, never a competion level unit... perhaps sending advanced scout should enable snare? :hmm:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Don't you have to train scouts instead of villagers for that.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

deleted_user wrote:Don't you have to train scouts instead of villagers for that.
They also unlock at the embassy- zapotec-scout or huaminca scout are good combos iirc
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

It was like the 2nd best change of EP after the wall nerf. Definetely no revert.
Image Image Image
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Post by n0el »

Wasn’t it a universal age 1 issue? Reverting it for age2 seems like a good change.
mad cuz bad
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

n0el wrote:Wasn’t it a universal age 1 issue? Reverting it for age2 seems like a good change.
agree. Why reduce options? It's not like the scout strategy is OP (and if it is, I'm not sure snare will make a big difference).
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Why re-opening a chapter that it was closed? It's not like having the snare on the native scout from colonial is of any good either.
Just leave as it is. It works fine for balance, it is consistent with similar units, none was complaining.
Image Image Image
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

This is currently not technically possible, but it is a planned change for the future (through UHC2).
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

I think the nat should have ranged snare across half the map vs China, to give them a taste of their medicine.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

If we can give the nat scout snare in age 2 it's fine. And then I'd love nootkas and incas not to have snare in age 1 and unlock it in age 2 too. But yeah currently not possible
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

To reduce lameness I think advanced scouts should unlock the snaring instead of the ageup
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Yeah, that would be fine.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

harcha wrote:To reduce lameness I think advanced scouts should unlock the snaring instead of the ageup
Nobody would ever ship it though lol
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

bittersalt123 wrote:
harcha wrote:To reduce lameness I think advanced scouts should unlock the snaring instead of the ageup
Nobody would ever ship it though lol
well the only argument for reverting snare IMO is as OP stated - the scout rush. so me thinks this strat should not be randomly nerfed in EP. other than that the removal of snare is good
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
China Zeke
Dragoon

Post by Zeke »

Scroogie wrote:I think the nat should have ranged snare across half the map vs China, to give them a taste of their medicine.
lol why saying that, China already got big nerf in EP7, 5% less hp and no guaranteed tp from the beginning
btw Chinese (East Asia) medicine is completely different from the ones in North or South America
China Zeke
Dragoon

Post by Zeke »

dansil92 wrote:To be fair, scouts act essentially like double carded (stealth & combat) Coyote but with a little less attack, more siege and less speed. They have massive LOS and ignore pikes and goons. Additionally they do pretty well vs rusket-strel. Fun unit, super cheesy, never a competion level unit... perhaps sending advanced scout should enable snare? :hmm:
Carded native scouts with Sioux WC aura have nearly the same speed as goons!
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Zeke wrote:
dansil92 wrote:To be fair, scouts act essentially like double carded (stealth & combat) Coyote but with a little less attack, more siege and less speed. They have massive LOS and ignore pikes and goons. Additionally they do pretty well vs rusket-strel. Fun unit, super cheesy, never a competion level unit... perhaps sending advanced scout should enable snare? :hmm:
Carded native scouts with Sioux WC aura have nearly the same speed as goons!
Oh yes haha on pampas sieras you can get inca techs & units mixed with scouts for 9+ speed huaminca quite readily :uglylol:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

As soon as possible, it's being reverted with the "Advanced Scouts" shipment. By design, I generally hold that scouts, unlike warriors, should not have snare.

Thank you for highlighting the issue!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

zoom wrote:As soon as possible, it's being reverted with the "Advanced Scouts" shipment. By design, I generally hold that scouts, unlike warriors, should not have snare.

Thank you for highlighting the issue!
By design, there shouldn't be an age 1 unit faster than your explorer and that can also snare. It means that you have no counterplay and just lose your explo.
Only exception is the sioux explo (which is part of the sioux bonus) and the stupid inca and nootka.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Nah it's ok that it is faster, but by design it actually didn't have the snare on nilla.
Snare came on TWC because it was classified as a trainable unit. I guess snare with the card it's ok.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I said it's not ok to have a unit which both is faster and has snare. And we removed nat scout snare on EP because that unit was both, so the nat scout is currently just fine.
I was just arguing that the same should be done (if possible) to nootka and inca in age 1, because zoi wrote "By design, I generally hold that scouts, unlike warriors, should not have snare". I believe the issue is not about them being warriors, but about them being faster than explos and having snare.