EP Uhlan Hitpoints Poll

Are you satisfied with the following EP change: “- Uhlan hitpoints decreased to 180 (from 190)“

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 103

No Flag reuehcS
Crossbow

Re: EP Uhlan Hitpoints Poll

Post by reuehcS »

Revert the HP Uhlan to 190 and update cost.
Make 2 extra Uhlans in the fortress.

If you feel that there is a lack of variety in the 3-year composition, then you could give Warwagon 6.25 speed, this could increase its use and make Germany less dependent on BlackRiders, since inevitably the 9 BlackRiders card would be nerfed.

It's just another idea ...
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

Post by Mosx »

Change uhlan cost to
60f 75 g and less hp
op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Just don't make Uhlans into another Cossack unit.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Just replace uhlans with hackapells in all age iii shipments
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Mitoe wrote:Other changes are just so bad and ugly though

If you really want to make them better in age 2 without affecting age 3 as much just buff cav hp to 20%. That way it helps if you play Colo but not Fortress until later.

Really though Germans are balanced right now.
To be frank, I think this is the best possible change.

Take the Age 2 card, make it 20% HP, maybe even 25% HP. If you want to buff colonial too, change the card slightly so that it even gives 3 Uhlans instead of 2.

Now Uhlans become a unit that are no longer underwhelming, as long as you upgrade them properly. And it costs you a shipment to do so. In the end, you come back to having Uhlans with a proper amount of HP, but you don't get it for free. It's kind of like how Asian units (Sowars, Yumi, Ashi) only become really good units once you've sent all the upgrades. This does change standard builds and meta, but, who cares if you balance the game properly, we shouldn't be using 2015 strategies anymore.

Especially since Germans are supposedly balanced right now, they're just weird since their Uhlans aren't as good as before and WW are just the strangest unit in the game.

And yes, I am PR22. I'm sure I might be missing some other consideration, so this is just a suggestion. But a good one, I feel.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Going along with what Goodspeed said, maybe 50f 90c Uhlans are the way to go?

That might also keep the 5 cav semi-FF in check, to @WickedCossack ‘s liking.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

why are we considering all these changes when a simple and effective one would be to nerf the shipments...............................
cheaper uhlans, slower xp curve, shit uhlan hp, cav hp being a higher percentage. fuck me why are people so stubborn to not nerf the obviously too strong shipments.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Simple solutions are not in EP guidelines...
Bcz too simple, whats the point of EP team then :uglylol:
#trainableSpahi
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Hazza54321 wrote:why are we considering all these changes when a simple and effective one would be to nerf the shipments...............................
cheaper uhlans, slower xp curve, shit uhlan hp, cav hp being a higher percentage. fuck me why are people so stubborn to not nerf the obviously too strong shipments.
Because strong shipments are Germany's civ bonus
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Although I am the one who suggested the exact question asked in this poll, it is an interesting one for me to answer. From scratch, I personally would have preferred another option than the Uhlan hitpoints nerf. Now, while I still would, there are some things to be said in its defence. The definitive reason for me to favor its replacement is player satisfaction, which is paramount; finding a solution that satisfies a significantly greater portion of the player-base would be ideal. Other than the one posed in the OP ITT, the question, then, becomes one of acceptable alternatives — and this is only one among a myriad of cases where players, through their extreme reluctance to help with play-testing during beta development, have insisted on doing themselves a disservice, in the past. Until that question may feature in the upcoming balance poll, I am trying to understand what the alternatives worthy of inclusion are:

1. -10 Uhlan hitpoints and shipment penalty increased from 10% to 12% (currently in effect).
2. -1 Uhlan per Fortress Age shipment (mercenary shipments adjusted accordingly) and decreased income (by at least 20%; tweakable) from Trading Posts in Discovery Age only.
3. -1 Uhlan per Fortress Age shipment (mercenary shipments adjusted accordingly), decreased income (by at least 20%; tweakable) from unupgraded Trading Posts only and 10% shipment penalty removed.

So, to recap: Am I satisfied? More or less so, personally. Less so, for the sake of the community and patch. Abstaining!
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

plz, no more change for the germans, the uhlan has 180 hp and the penalty of exp is already a good nerf so why nerf this civ again :(
Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Goodspeed wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:why are we considering all these changes when a simple and effective one would be to nerf the shipments...............................
Because strong shipments are Germany's civ bonus
They would still be strong if we nerfed them a bit
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

matter of fact germans would be a lot stronger with +10 hp and 1 less uhlan lol
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i think the result of the poll kinda tells the story.
No Flag reuehcS
Crossbow

Post by reuehcS »

zoom wrote:3. -1 Uhlan per Fortress Age shipment (mercenary shipments adjusted accordingly), decreased income (by at least 20%; tweakable) from unupgraded Trading Posts only and 10% shipment penalty removed"

I would like to see this change applied in the next patch update.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Cometk wrote:Going along with what Goodspeed said, maybe 50f 90c Uhlans are the way to go?

That might also keep the 5 cav semi-FF in check, to @WickedCossack ‘s liking.
Does that mean Uhlan's now cost 1 pop space?
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Give 5 mamelouk and 8 spahi (5+3) becouse german need strong shipment becouse its the civ bonus. Also give 2 vili for each manor becouse its the civ bonus, also give +1 cdb (like old time) for french and make them cost 100f insted of 120 becouse is the civ bonus.

When a civ bonus is too strong, it must be nerf, no?
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

chronique wrote:Give 5 mamelouk and 8 spahi (5+3) becouse german need strong shipment becouse its the civ bonus. Also give 2 vili for each manor becouse its the civ bonus, also give +1 cdb (like old time) for french and make them cost 100f insted of 120 becouse is the civ bonus.

When a civ bonus is too strong, it must be nerf, no?
+1 flac with every s pain shipment
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Revert ulhan HP, revert dopp HP. Buff xbows (no miss +1 base damage).
Remove 1 ulhan from the fortess age shipments (merc cards nerfed accordingly) and +2% slower shipments curve.

Affecting the shipment curve is the nerf that makes the most sense, as the penalty doesn't quite work anymore as originally intended since when TPs became more viable.
On no TP maps it should be mostly colonial play, meaning training units, so the XP penalty shouldn't be that impactful. With xbow buffed into a real unit Germans wouldn't mind that scenario.

Nerfing the TP for Germans only, whatever the way, is not an acceptable solution imo. There is no game-design reason for such an exception and it's probably not even possible/easy from a technical standpoint (TPs are a common building, not unique to the civ).
Image Image Image
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

To give Germany more colonial options, @zoom pls 5 landsknechts for 600c.

5x240c = 1200c
1200c - 600c = 600 worth of units, which is elegant

One could argue about having fortress-adjusted stats in colonial, but pls, these are non-splash, speed 4 melee units...

One landsknecht more would change this shipment into a situational cav deterrent / cover mode sieging tank squad.

Whenever I used it, they seemed barely not viable. One more landsknecht would help a lot against volleys of fire from age 2 units.

The marketed civ bonus of "having access to mercenaries earlier than other civilizations" should work at least sometimes, no?

The shipment is at 960c - 400c = 560c of value right now probably only because on nilla fewer civs had real age 2 skirmisher options (brits, dutch, otto). Right now, with cetans, aennas, macehualtins, gurkhas, yumis and chu-ko-nus, everyone has options, except for ger, fre, esp, and por, who are stuck with x-bows.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

here's my take (i know that noone cares):
1) remove 1 uhlan from all shipments except mercenaries and 5 uhlan and 8 uhlan (these are all good already (i am fine with having two 8 uhlan shipments out there))
2) revert the xp requirements for shipments to around 6...10%
and two...three of the following:
3) boost colonial cav hp card to give 5% more hp to uhlan
4) boost fortress cav combat card to 5% more hp to uhlan
5) boost veteran uhlan upgrade to give 5% more hp to uhlan
6) add 5% hp upgrade to the 9 uhlan shipment (now nerfed to 8 uhlan)

just for reference i am in the camp that is against nerfing the 3sw card
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Imperial Noob wrote:5x240c = 1200c
1200c - 600c = 600 worth of units, which is elegant
You mean 300 res worth of units? You're not getting 2 uhlans with it
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Here are my two cents:
Uhlan hp=180, att=35, cost= 60c, 90c, pop=1, rr= 0.3
Revert Age IV card to 15%.
Then uhlan would be a nice unit to use, not too op or too weak.
#trainableSpahi
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

1 pop uhlan would make the civ unbalanced if u think about that the key of playing germany is to have pop when u get the free uhlans from shipments or have to make them but i would not say no to remove 1-uhlan from age3 shipments
Spain pain train is real
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I just dont get why we dont do the change that 90 percent of people who play on ep think is a good idea, instead of doing the things that people who dont play the game think is a good idea.