EP 8.0.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: EP 8.0.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

Post by harcha »

good luck finding patch notes if you are not sure where to look
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yea, it feels impossible to know what the EP changes are xD.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

iNcog wrote:Yeah I remember that shipment buff somewhere. But it's not in the notes in the OP, so I'm not sure if it went through or not.

if it's just an extra hussar, I don't mind it I guess. But I do think Dutch are a very strong civilization capable of contending with any other civ on EP. So agreed with you too.
The patch notes are literally on the same page as my comment
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
iNcog wrote:Yeah I remember that shipment buff somewhere. But it's not in the notes in the OP, so I'm not sure if it went through or not.

if it's just an extra hussar, I don't mind it I guess. But I do think Dutch are a very strong civilization capable of contending with any other civ on EP. So agreed with you too.
The patch notes are literally on the same page as my comment
oh. I thought we were referring to the notes in the OP
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

These changes were added to the beta, so I figured it was okay to refer to them.

Regardless, I don't see the point in buffing Dutch. In a sense it's also a standardizing change.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

viewtopic.php?t=20013

The full patch notes can be found here. The previous patch notes in this thread only contain the changes from beta 8.1 to beta 8.2
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

harcha wrote:good luck finding patch notes if you are not sure where to look
Actually, I'd argue that it'd take a lot of (bad) luck not to find them. If you don't want to read any post, ITT, you can always use the link in my signature, or the link on ESOC.

I get the impression that posters don't read other posts, sometimes.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Re: EP 8.0.x Beta [2020-03-27]

Post by zoom »

iNcog wrote:Great patch notes, that's quite a buff to india damn

Edit: considering consulate nerf as Sompu pointed out, actually no. This normalizes Sowars back to what they were before. Which is probably a good change.

India is still lackluster imo because it's too slow to deal with most Vanilla civs, especially if they FI. but this is very slight and only apparent at the highest levels of play.

these patch notes are great
Considering the fact that this update only buffs the consulate, that's an interesting perspective. I thought you were talking about EP8.

I agree that Indians is below average. Unfortunately, many players don't, yet. I'm perfectly prepared to tweak the changes, in the short term, and revert them, later.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

iNcog wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:reverts
well, yes? there are less crazy changes and more useful ones here. this has to be much better than the original notes. plus you're seeing positive feedback ITT.

I understand that the native xp trickle did not get reverted however that change is not unanimously bad by top players unlike some other ones, so it's not so bad that it's still there [for time being?].

I wouldn't mind seeing an ATP nerf either though. Sad that this not make into the patch.

Overall though, looks good.
Again, you confuse me (or rather yourself) – ATP was just nerfed significantly, prior to your post being made. Maybe you misunderstand or didn't properly read Eaglemut's posts.

While the feedback of the overly active ESOC posters segment is useful, please note that it's limited in its representation of the overall player-base.

Why would I revert a widely popular change with good upside? Depending on results, I'll be happy to tweak it downwards, though.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

chronique wrote:There is a poll for the xp native trickle? Because from what i have heard, majority of hight level are more against but i am prob biased by the fact than diarouga talk a lot about that :P
Clearly; some people spread misinformation like a wildfire. It's obvious to me that the trickle is popular, whereas tweaking it from 0.7xp/s to 0.8xp/s seems more divisive – which is why it's so nice that it's a slight change that's being compensated for by both a significant ATP nerf and a slight nerf to the Huaminca, in the meantime.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

princeofkabul wrote:no japan nerfs, dissapointed.
Keep in mind that balance is relative. There are a lot of indirect ones!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Clearly; some people spread misinformation like a wildfire. It's obvious to me that the trickle is popular.
It's "obvious".
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Should be polled
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

And it will be, at the next opportunity. For now, it should be tested, then tweaked.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Clearly; some people spread misinformation like a wildfire. It's obvious to me that the trickle is popular.
It's "obvious".
I guess it has been polled.

(By the way I looked at the last "balance poll" and I really think design and balance polls should be split - the mahout thing is a design change, not a balance one (also a balance one I guess but that is not the primary goal as far as I'm aware).
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
It's "obvious".
I guess it has been polled.
Well, then link the poll, don't say "it's obvious".
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

zoom wrote:
iNcog wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:reverts
well, yes? there are less crazy changes and more useful ones here. this has to be much better than the original notes. plus you're seeing positive feedback ITT.

I understand that the native xp trickle did not get reverted however that change is not unanimously bad by top players unlike some other ones, so it's not so bad that it's still there [for time being?].

I wouldn't mind seeing an ATP nerf either though. Sad that this not make into the patch.

Overall though, looks good.
Again, you confuse me (or rather yourself) – ATP was just nerfed significantly, prior to your post being made. Maybe you misunderstand or didn't properly read Eaglemut's posts.

While the feedback of the overly active ESOC posters segment is useful, please note that it's limited in its representation of the overall player-base.

Why would I revert a widely popular change with good upside? Depending on results, I'll be happy to tweak it downwards, though.
The notes I read were incorrect. :P I had trouble finding them
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

zoom wrote:
I don't quite see the indirect nerfs to japanese. Afaik, i'm not certain if the besteiros are better, worse or does it even matter. Could you list those indirect nerfs that in your opinion makes the difference? Please.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

@EAGLEMUT I wanted to say that I really appreciate your work on the patch. I hope with this statement I can somewhat compensate from the probably demotivational effect that my general criticism on EP has. You are straight up amazing.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

princeofkabul wrote:
zoom wrote:
I don't quite see the indirect nerfs to japanese. Afaik, i'm not certain if the besteiros are better, worse or does it even matter. Could you list those indirect nerfs that in your opinion makes the difference? Please.
I think he's trying to say that Japan is weaker because other civs received buffs. Technically thats true, but I must say I don't think this is a proper approach to balancing.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

If one civ isn't by far the best, then yes, the best approach is to buff weak rather than nerf strong.
mad cuz bad
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

zoom wrote:"It's obvious to me that the trickle is popular"
Can you give some info about how you can be so sure about that?
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

n0el wrote:If one civ isn't by far the best, then yes, the best approach is to buff weak rather than nerf strong.
I dont know, I think that tends to be a slippery slope; its hard to get the balance right so you have to keep buffing things endlessly.

It also just seems easier to slightly nerf the civs that feel strong and buff those that seem bad.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Thing is strong stuff is fun stuff. So unless something causes major balance problems or the design is completely broken, it is better to not touch it and buff other stuff instead.
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

zoom wrote:
Just nerf nagi via nerfing their rr, nerfing the nagi hp card, nerfing the golden pavilion hp, or some combination of the above.