EP 8.0.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: EP 8.0.x Beta [2020-03-27]

Post by zoom »

richard wrote:10 Halberdier shipment -- nice new option to lose the game as russia.
That's the plan! Would 11 be an even better option to lose the game?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

somppukunkku wrote:
Mitoe wrote:So wait, are Sowar really good now?
they have like 5hp more than normal sowars before brit cons nerf. assuming both consus are set to brit. with ep logic now they've gone from the worst to the best monsster cav in the game.

i'm dissapointed for the millionth time in a row that spain does not get enough buffed. can't we really try to buff ONCE significantly and then adjust to weaker instead of adding very minimal buffs every patch, still the worst civ in every civ poll.

it's bullshit that they're stronger "than people think". civs, especially nilla civs are so explored that if civ is good they're often played in tournaments. and they win games. as simple as that. invisible hand.
That's #EPlogic for you!

While the Spanish buff should be significant, I'll consider adding another point or two, to the shipment bonus, for V3. Please note that players consider the gap between weaker civilizations – including Spanish – and others, to be closer than ever before, though.
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

zoom wrote:
richard wrote:10 Halberdier shipment -- nice new option to lose the game as russia.
That's the plan! Would 11 be an even better option to lose the game?
No, but 25 halberdiers would be good.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

I can sort of see the argument for needing to differentiate mahouts from sowars. While the two units may have served similar roles india has two very different playstyles and desired composition (age 2 skirm goon sowar vs elephant sepoy age 3) as it ages that transitioning is argueably a death sentence.

While this is an important weakness for india, I do think that maybe allowing the elephants to be more differentiated to counter the counter to the age 2 india compostion could be desirable to help with the transition. I just do fear that they will be a such a hard counter to civs without goons or relies on melee mass to clear cav that it will be imbalanced (china or japan), like these things will just shred changdaos and i dont think china can reiably use keshiks to kill these. Likewise using clubs and sumurais to kill them is not worth it.

Mahouts are supposed to be like cuirs so if anything we can just remove all the multipliers and it will still probably work.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Quick update. Due to EP8 release taking longer than expected, I had to do an emergency hotfix on the current stable version in order to take down last year's special event code. The 3rd (and final) iteration of EP8 is still expected to release within the next 24 hours.
Thank you for understanding.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Quick update. Due to EP8 release taking longer than expected, I had to do an emergency hotfix on the current stable version in order to take down last year's special event code. The 3rd (and final) iteration of EP8 is still expected to release within the next 24 hours.
I just played 2x april fools games on EP.

Intentional?
China Zeke
Dragoon
ESO: XYH

Post by Zeke »

lmao, this is funny lol
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

deleted_user wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:Quick update. Due to EP8 release taking longer than expected, I had to do an emergency hotfix on the current stable version in order to take down last year's special event code. The 3rd (and final) iteration of EP8 is still expected to release within the next 24 hours.

Intentional?
Depends on whether you updated to the hotfix :hmm:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

Intentional?
Depends on whether you updated to the hotfix :hmm:
I just relaunched EP, nothing strange
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Great patch notes, that's quite a buff to india damn

Edit: considering consulate nerf as Sompu pointed out, actually no. This normalizes Sowars back to what they were before. Which is probably a good change.

India is still lackluster imo because it's too slow to deal with most Vanilla civs, especially if they FI. but this is very slight and only apparent at the highest levels of play.

these patch notes are great
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

iNcog wrote:Great patch notes, that's quite a buff to india damn
Great patch notes how ?
The only good changes, aside from the sioux changes are the reverts xD.

It's true that the patch is much better than the "first EP8", but still, I struggle to find good changes.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:reverts
well, yes? there are less crazy changes and more useful ones here. this has to be much better than the original notes. plus you're seeing positive feedback ITT.

I understand that the native xp trickle did not get reverted however that change is not unanimously bad by top players unlike some other ones, so it's not so bad that it's still there [for time being?].

I wouldn't mind seeing an ATP nerf either though. Sad that this not make into the patch.

Overall though, looks good.
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

iNcog wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:reverts
well, yes? there are less crazy changes and more useful ones here. this has to be much better than the original notes. plus you're seeing positive feedback ITT.

I understand that the native xp trickle did not get reverted however that change is not unanimously bad by top players unlike some other ones, so it's not so bad that it's still there [for time being?].

I wouldn't mind seeing an ATP nerf either though. Sad that this not make into the patch.

Overall though, looks good.
Native xp trickle was unanimously bad as far as I know though.
It's not so bad, but it's not good either.

Because of all the time we wasted discussing the bad changes we couldn't discuss the real issues, like China being fucked up with random crates and some other stuffs.
And Zoi didn't even remove all the bad changes (mahout rdm stuff and native exp trickle).
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

There is a poll for the xp native trickle? Because from what i have heard, majority of hight level are more against but i am prob biased by the fact than diarouga talk a lot about that :P
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Patch notes on page 2 show that there is no Mahout change, that was replaced with Sowar tweak. Which Sompu showed is more of a tweak than a legit balance change (in the context of the Brit consulate nerf).

I have heard Mitoe and Kaiser be open minded about the native xp trickle. Besides Rohbrot I haven't seen crazy native strategies breaking the meta, maybe a few replays would be able to nullify that point of view.

Overall this is much more compromise than before and Zoi did a great job, imo. Remember that the community is quite split about the direction of the patch and that no matter what changes go through, there will always be unhappy voices. Which goes hand in hand with good compromises around the table.
Garja wrote:
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

no japan nerfs, dissapointed.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Great Britain The_Lastsamurai
Pro Player
ESO: The_lastsamurai

Post by The_Lastsamurai »

patch now live?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Final update to the beta version. Stable release is imminent.

EP 8.0.0.0 Beta3 [2020-04-01]
changelog since EP 8.0.0.0 Beta2
unless specified otherwise, game changes apply to all of ESOC Patch / ESOC Treaty Patch

General
- Applied UI decorations.

ESOC Patch bug fixes
- Outpost Wagon now builds Asian Outpost instead of War Hut/Blockhouse for native civilizations and Russia. "Team Defenses" shipment no longer enables Outpost for all civilizations on the team.
- Fixed an issue with a number of techs awarding "fake" additional score when their effects already awarded score indirectly.
(BigAztecRaidingParty, BigAztecScoutingParty, BigAztecWarParty, BigDockCipactli, BigFarmCinteotl, BigFarmStrawberry, BigHouseCoatlicue, BigIroquoisRaidingParty, BigIroquoisScoutingParty, BigIroquoisWarParty, BigLonghouseWoodlandDwellers, BigNoblesHutWarSong, BigPlantationMapleFestival, BigPlantationTezcatlipoca, BigSiouxDogSoldiers, BigWarHutBarometz, ChurchBashkirPonies, ChurchBlackWatch, ChurchGardeImperial1, ChurchGardeImperial2, ChurchKalmucks, ChurchPetrineReforms, ChurchQuatrefage, ChurchRogersRangers, ChurchStadholders, ChurchTopcuCorps, ChurchTowerAndSword, ChurchTufanciCorps, ChurchWaardgelders, ChurchWesternization, ChurchWildGeeseSpanish, ImpArtilleryRegiments, NatChocolateRecipes, NatDogSoldier, NatHuntingGrounds, NatMorningWars, NatSequoyahSyllabary, NatXPCheyenneHuntingGrounds, NatXPHuronTradeMonopoly, NatXPKlamathHuckleberryFeast, NatXPMapucheTreatyOfQuillin, NatXPZapotecCloudPeople, YPNatSufiPilgramage).

ESOC Patch map changes
- "Standard Maps" map-set updated to include UIx ESOC Bering Strait, UIx ESOC Dhaka, UIx ESOC Manchac, UIx ESOC Nepal, UIx ESOC Tuparro, UIx ESOC Wabakimi.
- "ESOC Team Maps" and "Team Maps" map-sets updated to include UIx ESOC Bering Strait, UIx ESOC Dhaka, UIx ESOC Nepal, UIx ESOC Tuparro, UIx ESOC Wabakimi.
- UIx ESOC Fraser River: fixed issues with texture brightness.

ESOC Patch balance changes
Comments by @zoom, in italic.

After continued discussion and evaluation of feedback, I've decided to make the following final changes to the beta:

Dutch
– "4 Hussars" shipment increased to 5 Hussars
Eaglemut very recently found a preferable workaround to the problem of buffing this shipment, without buffing those of other civilizations.

Indians
– Sowar hitpoints reverted to 225 (from 240); heavy infantry multiplier decreased to 0.57 (from 0.67); infantry multiplier increased from 1.5 to 1.75; "Desert Terror" shipment heavy infantry multiplier effects adjusted accordingly to -0.125 (from -0.17)
This replacement of the Sowar hitpoints buff by a significantly greater buff to the unit’s performance vs non-heavy infantry, specifically, enhances the unit’s differentiation from the Mahout Lancer, instead of diminishing it – while being more tweakable.

Russians
– "20 Strelets" shipment decreased to 19 Strelets
This tweak to an excessive, popular and fundamentally sound shipment buff increases the viability of options.

Sioux
– Teepee hitpoints partially reverted to 450 (from 600)
This is a tweak to an older buff, to better make it reflect the new state of Teepees.

– "5 Villagers" shipment replaced with (reverted to) the old "4 Villagers" shipment; increased to 5 Villagers for Sioux only
Eaglemut very recently found an acceptable workaround to the problem of buffing this shipment, without buffing those of other civilizations.

Credits

- @vividlyplain for Fraser River texture fix
- @mandosrex for designing all new assets
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Russians
– "20 Strelets" shipment decreased to 19 Strelets
This tweak to an excessive, popular and fundamentally sound shipment buff increases the viability of options.
@zoom Why? IIRC pretty much no one had an issue with this shipment in the poll, and it's not like Russia's early Fortress is any good anyway.
Germany richard
Dragoon

Re: EP 8.0.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

Post by richard »

19 Stelets is a way cooler number than 20.
13,17,19. Makes sense.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

HAHAHAHA omg this 4/1 update is soooooooo sick.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

I wonder, did Dutch really need a buff?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I just double checked patch notes in the OP. What buff?
Garja wrote:
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

iNcog wrote:I just double checked patch notes in the OP. What buff?
4 huss shipment to 5 huss shipment?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Yeah I remember that shipment buff somewhere. But it's not in the notes in the OP, so I'm not sure if it went through or not.

if it's just an extra hussar, I don't mind it I guess. But I do think Dutch are a very strong civilization capable of contending with any other civ on EP. So agreed with you too.
Garja wrote: