Consideration for EP9 - Priests

No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Re: Consideration for EP9 - Priests

Post by helln00 »

I mean just make falc have attack ground and i think the game will change like alot already
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

helln00 wrote:I mean just make falc have attack ground and i think the game will change like alot already
Well then you have to remove the mechanic of loose cannon shots that do 3 more hits behind initial impact. Because with attack ground these loose cannon balls could essentially turn your 26 range falcs into 52 range falcs.

Honestly i think "attack ground" and "conversion" are too big of mechanics to even think about including in EP as it is totally against what EP is intended for, against what AOE3 was made to be and probably too difficult to implement in an un-obstructive way.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

n0el wrote:
dansil92 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Yes its a stupid mechanic
Well, not really since you can't convert really high value units without a later game tech. Monks are insanely weak and are expensive, so even if you convert 1 archer or scout, its a big loss if you lose your monk.
Well monks are the n1 counter to war elephants, no techs needed, and conversion is really fast. also work pretty well vs knight... everything to add to that turtle + mass ranged units game.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

As is probably obvious, I have not used priests much, so I have a question: can you select which unit the priest heals or do priests just heal the closest damaged unit?

If priests do indeed just heal the closest damaged unit I think it would be a good change if players were instead able to select which unit they wanted the priest to heal. I personally liked the area healing ability vanilla priests had and think this change could be a good compromise, as that ability was undoubtedly quite strong in the right situations.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Pretty sure you can micro priests to heal a specific unit. Healers were an integral part of my anti-moderate AI strategies when I was a lad
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

iNcog wrote:Pretty sure you can micro priests to heal a specific unit. Healers were an integral part of my anti-moderate AI strategies when I was a lad
The way you do it is move all other units but the one you want to heal. Then it starts being healed as being the only idle unit standing next to priest. So you cannot really micro your priests to heal falcs in fight.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.