Meteor hammers

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: Meteor hammers

Post by Hazza54321 »

Challenger_Marco wrote:Meteor Hammers is actually fine ,they are the only unit which can counter art.
have you heard of hand mortars
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Hazza54321 wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:Meteor Hammers is actually fine ,they are the only unit which can counter art.
have you heard of hand mortars
But you can't just z move hand mortars.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

hand mortars also have terrible accuracy, they mostly work well against people who cant micro art and just leave them there to fire.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

I don't understand the hand mortars thing. Don't you just press 4 (or whatever control group you put art on) and then right click the falconets?
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

The slow projectile speed can be abused to do some fancy shot-dodging but 7 mortars still deals with 2 falcs easily. The real issues with the unit appear later in the game due to the massive swing power of the first volley in an artillery fight. Hand mortars have the same range as culverins but have a massive obstruction radius and path horribly when massed, resulting in 10 firing while the other 20 try to path. By this time culvs have already gotten off a perfect split volley and killed the first 10 mortars while barely 1 culv dropped, rinse and repeat. Projectile speed and horrible pathing also makes kiting impossible so it's difficult to deal with heavy artillery spam even when no culvs are involved.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Thats later yeah, however china can usually get away with slamming their shit in vs art. Not once have i heard art is good vs china, in fact quite the opposite
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Kawapasaka wrote:The slow projectile speed can be abused to do some fancy shot-dodging but 7 mortars still deals with 2 falcs easily. The real issues with the unit appear later in the game due to the massive swing power of the first volley in an artillery fight. Hand mortars have the same range as culverins but have a massive obstruction radius and path horribly when massed, resulting in 10 firing while the other 20 try to path. By this time culvs have already gotten off a perfect split volley and killed the first 10 mortars while barely 1 culv dropped, rinse and repeat. Projectile speed and horrible pathing also makes kiting impossible so it's difficult to deal with heavy artillery spam even when no culvs are involved.
If only ep had added another 10% onto the quadruple carded heavy cannons and let you upgrade the factory ones too...

In all honesty yes hand mortars are pretty awful but they are stupidly cheap. Get what you pay for. It is unfortunate that the mortar unit is also a culv for all the reasons you listed
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Hazza54321 wrote:Thats later yeah, however china can usually get away with slamming their shit in vs art. Not once have i heard art is good vs china, in fact quite the opposite
Of course sending 2 falcs with only a handful of goons, no blockers and no scouting of China's composition is a horrible idea, not denying it.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kawapasaka wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Thats later yeah, however china can usually get away with slamming their shit in vs art. Not once have i heard art is good vs china, in fact quite the opposite
Of course sending 2 falcs with only a handful of goons, no blockers and no scouting of China's composition is a horrible idea, not denying it.
More referring to the cuir block mass goon and some skirm that gets z move’d down
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Hazza54321 wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:
More referring to the cuir block mass goon and some skirm that gets z move’d down
I'm sure the 2 falcs shipment still gets perfectly fine value in these situations. No, it won't save you from being outmassed but not being a miracle worker doesn't mean it's not worth sending. The value of artillery naturally drops a bit once other units are stacking multiple cards anyway.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

I think you don't ever want to send 7 hand mortars as a response to 2 falc , it dealing with the falcs is a bonus in most cases.
Germany Makrokosmos12
Skirmisher
ESO: Templer12

Post by Makrokosmos12 »

helln00 wrote:hand mortars also have terrible accuracy, they mostly work well against people who cant micro art and just leave them there to fire.
What are you smoking? Hand mortars are insane vs artillery. Its not like falcs can doge the shots while unpacked.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

helln00 wrote:I think you don't ever want to send 7 hand mortars as a response to 2 falc , it dealing with the falcs is a bonus in most cases.
It depend of the mu, against spain you want 7 mortars because it make the aggro ff obsolete.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

Makrokosmos12 wrote:
helln00 wrote:hand mortars also have terrible accuracy, they mostly work well against people who cant micro art and just leave them there to fire.
What are you smoking? Hand mortars are insane vs artillery. Its not like falcs can doge the shots while unpacked.
They can though since the projectiles move really slowly, once the mortar fires you can move them enough to either dodge it or take significantly less damage. This isnt like dodging culv shots whichI find to be magic but dodging hand mortars are much easier.

Im not saying that they dont counter them, but you do need a good number of them to ensure that you trade well and for most cases I think I would just send in cav.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

chronique wrote:
helln00 wrote:I think you don't ever want to send 7 hand mortars as a response to 2 falc , it dealing with the falcs is a bonus in most cases.
It depend of the mu, against spain you want 7 mortars because it make the aggro ff obsolete.
Isnt that mostly to break the forward base though, thats what I mean by dealing with falcs is a bonus. Hand mortars are definitely the best in age 3 for just breaking any forward position.
Germany Makrokosmos12
Skirmisher
ESO: Templer12

Post by Makrokosmos12 »

helln00 wrote:
chronique wrote:
Isnt that mostly to break the forward base though, thats what I mean by dealing with falcs is a bonus. Hand mortars are definitely the best in age 3 for just breaking any forward position.
True, coz you can stay out of range and get buldings down very fast, faster than with 2 falcs.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Not the most common or hardest MU, but hand mortars can imo also be good vs ports: otherwise you risk being kited to death by cassadors and goons and/or losing to CM pops. With HM, you can destroy the TCs at range and force the fragile port units to come near your deathball.

To a degree, this can also apply to defensive Jap or Dutch, if China doesn't FI anyway.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I like hand mortars, super cheap, 1 pop, good range, dual purpose. so if you mass them the enemy has much more micro to do than focus all on a couple mortars or culverins.