Is it a problem that WWs can't outrun rods?

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Is it a problem that WWs can't outrun rods?

Post by deleted_user »

title
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Re: Is it a problem that WWs can't outrun rods?

Post by jesus3 »

Idk, depends on the weight of the wagon. If there are too many soldiers in it, the horse can be slowed down quite a bit. A fast sprinter can probably catch it then
Belgium stanleywinston
Dragoon
Beginner Division WinnerDonator 01
ESO: Stanley_Winston

Post by stanleywinston »

jesus3 wrote:Idk, depends on the weight of the wagon. If there are too many soldiers in it, the horse can be slowed down quite a bit. A fast sprinter can probably catch it then
Dude you have no idea what you are talking about, it all depends on the horsepower... I myself have a V8 Guard War Wagon by Audi and it has never failed me!
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Imagine if game was actually realistic
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I'd recommand trying the shipment called "gg button" (ie 12 jaegers).

More seriously, if you get to the point where Spain is chasing your WW with rods, you've lost the game. In a normal situation, he can't really commit in your WW with his rods because then he can't protect his skirms from uhlans, and your skirm mass should be big enough.

And if Spain has rods only, you can train dops honestly. Spain can't really go for the skirm/goon composition (unless he goes spanish gold/1000w), so dops are actually decent against Spain.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I'd recommand trying the shipment called "gg button" (ie 12 jaegers).

More seriously, if you get to the point where Spain is chasing your WW with rods, you've lost the game. In a normal situation, he can't really commit in your WW with his rods because then he can't protect his skirms from uhlans, and your skirm mass should be big enough.

And if Spain has rods only, you can train dops honestly. Spain can't really go for the skirm/goon composition (unless he goes spanish gold/1000w), so dops are actually decent against Spain.
Yeah, not asking how to play the 1v1 MU. Just asking a pure question divorced of context, where the answer is either "yes" or "no."
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

nah
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

jesus3 wrote:Idk, depends on the weight of the wagon. If there are too many soldiers in it, the horse can be slowed down quite a bit. A fast sprinter can probably catch it then
You're forgetting the amount of armor that a rod has though. Have you ever tried to catch a horse drawn wagon while wearing 60lbs of protective equipment? Not easy.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

I would've liked to see some olympic game in this period, when a little boy can run as fast as some horseman, with a big armor. I am sure rodo without armor can run the marathon in less than 1 h 59 min 40 s
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Just send spanish riding school. Also odd question, but how about we move spanish riding school to age3?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Zutazuta wrote:
You're forgetting the amount of armor that a rod has though. Have you ever tried to catch a horse drawn wagon while wearing 60lbs of protective equipment? Not easy.
I didn't forget about it. Those rods are rods bc they went through a hard training regimen and the armor should be their second skin by the time of a big fight
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Not a problem.

Rods can, in some weird ass wonky situations, be the counter to ranged cav I've found. because if they connect they do massive damage. it's nice to throw rods in the melee in the right spots, or use them to zone RC away from skirms so lancers can do the job

In true Rohbrot style, you make only rods and then you also get the speed upgrade. and then you make only rods. see, you chase RC and get hit and run for 10 minutes. but by minute 11, the cav player looks away to macro in his base, and that's when you end up winning the fight. the key is to make sure to make more rods and rally them towards the fight

Rohbrot was a legend, where is he now? :(
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

doppels though
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I do not think its a problem, WW are big n bulky they have many assets to them but turning radius is not one of them. So they are not good runners, but are much better at holding a fight. They get a huge resist vs Rods too so its not like rods really should chase them down because if skirms are behind them they mayn't (wow that is a real contraction!) last long enough to kill them. If they run for the skirms they will get kited. WW are just like a big target that says please devote all your resources to killing this one unit type and then have nothing left.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

a cheap pike unit able to chase down and kill an expensive goon unit because it can't run away is fine
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

what if we just made WW even slower and tankier, like mantlet style but anti cav
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

What if we made mantlets faster like war wagons but siegier?
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

What if we remove the WW melee resist, but make it so that after the horse dies , the wagon can no longer move but keeps shooting.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Well it's the same with howdahs, they can't outrun too. I think these type of units are supposed to exchange lower speed for high hp and damage and extra range by design.
P.S. don't make WWs Vs rods, If you need them for the anticav purpose, add some dops too (They actually get hidden in that big WW cover and your enemy won't see it. They'll deal with rods.)
oranges.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

deleted_user wrote:a cheap pike unit able to chase down and kill an expensive goon unit because it can't run away is fine
I do not really see rods as cheap or as a pike unit, its kind of its own unique variety. relative weak attack and little siege, but fast on its feel.

rods are meant to counter Light cavalry, Germans have a particular extra weakness vs them do to speed. it is part of the rock paper scissors countering system of uniquely designed civs. In some instances all those attributes are detriments and benefits. faster WW would be OP (there is a card for this, perhaps changing the age is the best solution), weaker Rods would be sad.