Clan: DUKC

Re: EP 9.0.x Beta [2020-10-06]

Post by Black_Duck »

chris1089 wrote:
Black_Duck wrote:
chris1089 wrote:No spain nerf?
Whats wrong with Spain?
Seem one of the stronger civs to me.
Over which sample have you come to this conclusion?
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

oxaloacetate wrote:
Garja wrote:Who's in the patch team atm?
Someone who recently played a drawn-out 50 minutes slugfest vs. waterbros.
The water changes (wouldn’t call them nerfs, since warships already shred land units) were actually a joint recommendation from kynesie and breeze to make the cards more balanced across civilizations and thus every civ a little more reasonable at contesting water
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Time to remove the XPDONATE emoji
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

Cometk wrote:
oxaloacetate wrote:
Garja wrote:Who's in the patch team atm?
Someone who recently played a drawn-out 50 minutes slugfest vs. waterbros.
The water changes (wouldn’t call them nerfs, since warships already shred land units) were actually a joint recommendation from kynesie and breeze to make the cards more balanced across civilizations and thus every civ a little more reasonable at contesting water
If that is the case, it sounds like a uniform and productive change, although few of the cards actually sees game time.
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Black_Duck wrote:
chris1089 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Seem one of the stronger civs to me.
Mainly playing you to be fair. Seems a lot stronger than your port though.
Tbf it's mainly based off a game I played against Perez where age 2 went almost perfectly, I followed up and he already had Spanish gold and then held easily.
Iro and Brit seem stronger to me, but it could just be the match ups v french.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I mean, other than Diarouga and Breeze (of which I can totally see the fault) who's also in there? Mitoe, Kaiser?
I can't find a single change in this beta that can be called good. The least worse change is probably changing missionary effect (basically useless change) and that says a lot. Warship changes are conceptually good (I voiced for them in past) but it's not like water play was in a bad shape now. Everything else ranges from mistimed to straight up bad.
Image Image Image
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Why are we pushing a new beta, when the game has 3 days more to live before DE?
I would just push the previous beta as oficial and call it a day. If something goes wrong with DE we can go back to a stable EP.. There is no reason to push a new beta that noone will playtest.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Ye, speculating on balance without the DE changes is a bit pointless.
I guess the community needs a backup environment in case DE is not suitable for tourneys and stuff.
Image Image Image
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

no sense new beta..
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I think Eaglemut wants to make sure there are no bugs present before pushing it live.

I’m at work right now, will comment on changes later, but briefly: water changes were actually primarily all suggested by Breeze/Kynesie as a way to reduce the overwhelming advantage of some civs over others on water. This should make it more fair for most civs while still giving an advantage to those civs in heavy water games.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Yep, if you folks find any bugs or have feedback on the bloom change, it would be great if you can report it here in this thread.

Otherwise we will go through with switching EP9 to stable soon.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

why we have 190w villages again? anyone!? i thought we agreed that this is ugly and completely unnecessary on fixed crates no?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

chris1089 wrote:
Black_Duck wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Tbf it's mainly based off a game I played against Perez where age 2 went almost perfectly, I followed up and he already had Spanish gold and then held easily.
Ive played a huge amount more games with spain than I have with port I think and ports were distinctly average on land on ep8 too. Spain can be countered so easily. I can beat higher ranked spain players if they let me counter pick them.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

190w villages were defenitely needed for china as they have atleast 6-7 mus that go very bad for them for being late, it will just speed china timings a little bit without making the civ broken imo, current china was performing badly in special mus hopefully they will be okay after this change, Also btw I seriously hate the card "ugly" when it comes to discuss balance changes, it's just a game, no need to be so much serious about it... like the "ugly" propaganda is also one of the main reason why we couldnt fix ports, if we just added cheaper vills with decent crate starts they would completely be ok but cheaper vills are ugly!
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

harcha wrote:why we have 190w villages again? anyone!? i thought we agreed that this is ugly and completely unnecessary on fixed crates no?
It is ugly, yeah. The general consensus was that 300f 300w would be too strong, and 200f 300w might be too weak. It was the best compromise.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

"definetely needed"
FOR FAKE SAKE it is a useless -10w reduction that doesn't change jack shit for China (aging few secs earlier it's completely irrelevant).
"ugly propaganda". 190w, one hundred fuckin ninety wood. Make it 189w next fuckin time. You know, that 1w is definetely needed for China to be competitive and the odd number is no problem at all.
What a moron.

Man the EP team work on balance is so fuckin disappointing. I don't even play the game and watching this level of incompetence is so disturbing.
How can you even remotely think 10w is anywhere relevant when the average 35+ player doesn't even micro his vills on wood properly and keeps wasting 5w everytime he ejects the vills out of the TC.
Image Image Image
Spain pérez
Pro Player
ESO: Pérez

Post by pérez »

it is not irrelevant, idk if it is needed, but not irrelevant for sure, since 10 wood is 20 food which is like some secs faster age and some secs also faster summer palace batch.
Not super relevant neither but it has some seconds of snowball.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

+5w to manor houses and +5f to coureurs led to a big performance differences in brit & france gameplay. don't discount this village cost buff to china
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

chris1089 wrote:
Black_Duck wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Why do you try to compare a top10 player (atm) with yourself xD
Spain pain train is real
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Rohbrot wrote:
chris1089 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Why do you try to compare a top10 player (atm) with yourself xD
Because he messed up and I played well that game so it was competitive up till minute 8-9 or so.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

pérez wrote:it is not irrelevant, idk if it is needed, but not irrelevant for sure, since 10 wood is 20 food which is like some secs faster age and some secs also faster summer palace batch.
Not super relevant neither but it has some seconds of snowball.
First of all aging a bit faster doesn't change jack shit. China could age at 5min and still do the same shit. Did you ever see H2O caring about aging super fast with any Asian civ? Those civs are just supposed to age that late (unless you do some very specific strat which usually emulates Euro civs). There are dozens of more important things than aging 10 secs faster with China.
Second, there are so many factors that affect age up time that the 10w is completely eclipsed. Just think about treasures or distances in resources around the TC. Also every single top player makes so many vill micro mistakes in age1. I already mentioned the no wood vill micro. Then there is the wonder placement micro. The goat killing micro. The fact that most of players don't even use the goat in age1 (and then focus so much on the aging up time, like I'm speachless).
I'ts practically an irrelevant change and not worth changin a simple rounded cost into a nonsense 190w.
Image Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Cometk wrote:+5w to manor houses and +5f to coureurs led to a big performance differences in brit & france gameplay. don't discount this village cost buff to china
Yes and even -2w on Jap shrines made a bit of a difference. But for China it's completely irrelevant as there is almost no snowball effect out of it. All those changes affect the booming curve. The China change is a mere gain in age up time.
Image Image Image
Spain pérez
Pro Player
ESO: Pérez

Post by pérez »

ye that is true, i fked up a but didnt matter at all, i prolly outmicroed a bit on the main fight but wasnt really relevant at all since the fight wasnt even close, i think the civ is really strong, not sure if a nerf is needed but the civ felt super strong when i tried them or when i watched opti playing them too or played vs him