EP 9.0.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: EP 9.0.x Beta [2020-10-06]

Post by harcha »

i wholeheartedly believe that the balance implication of 10w is not worth the polluting of changelist
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Anyway I also want to point out that this need for compromise because "300f 300w would be too strong, and 200f 300w might be too weak" is just another consequence of fixed crates.
Image Image Image
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

chris1089 wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Why do you try to compare a top10 player (atm) with yourself xD
Because he messed up and I played well that game so it was competitive up till minute 8-9 or so.
Not saying u cant beat perez (everyone can win each other on ep if playing well)
If u say he messed up hard and u still lost, i would think u could have messed up hard also, after a great age2.
Spain pain train is real
Spain pérez
Pro Player
ESO: Pérez

Post by pérez »

Garja wrote:
pérez wrote:it is not irrelevant, idk if it is needed, but not irrelevant for sure, since 10 wood is 20 food which is like some secs faster age and some secs also faster summer palace batch.
Not super relevant neither but it has some seconds of snowball.
First of all aging a bit faster doesn't change jack shit. China could age at 5min and still do the same shit. Did you ever see H2O caring about aging super fast with any Asian civ? Those civs are just supposed to age that late (unless you do some very specific strat which usually emulates Euro civs). There are dozens of more important things than aging 10 secs faster with China.
Second, there are so many factors that affect age up time that the 10w is completely eclipsed. Just think about treasures or distances in resources around the TC. Also every single top player makes so many vill micro mistakes in age1. I already mentioned the no wood vill micro. Then there is the wonder placement micro. The goat killing micro. The fact that most of players don't even use the goat in age1 (and then focus so much on the aging up time, like I'm speachless).
I'ts practically an irrelevant change and not worth changin a simple rounded cost into a nonsense 190w.
The G spoke. It can help in no tp maps it is 20 wood and u age up earlier or if u wanna play some colo in no tp, it is not completely irrelevant, idk how relevant is that or how needed it was but not fully irrelevant.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Spain is and will be a civ which counters some civs hard but gets countered hard by some civs also.
Spain pain train is real
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

pérez wrote:
Garja wrote:
pérez wrote:it is not irrelevant, idk if it is needed, but not irrelevant for sure, since 10 wood is 20 food which is like some secs faster age and some secs also faster summer palace batch.
Not super relevant neither but it has some seconds of snowball.
First of all aging a bit faster doesn't change jack shit. China could age at 5min and still do the same shit. Did you ever see H2O caring about aging super fast with any Asian civ? Those civs are just supposed to age that late (unless you do some very specific strat which usually emulates Euro civs). There are dozens of more important things than aging 10 secs faster with China.
Second, there are so many factors that affect age up time that the 10w is completely eclipsed. Just think about treasures or distances in resources around the TC. Also every single top player makes so many vill micro mistakes in age1. I already mentioned the no wood vill micro. Then there is the wonder placement micro. The goat killing micro. The fact that most of players don't even use the goat in age1 (and then focus so much on the aging up time, like I'm speachless).
I'ts practically an irrelevant change and not worth changin a simple rounded cost into a nonsense 190w.
The G spoke. It can help in no tp maps it is 20 wood and u age up earlier or if u wanna play some colo in no tp, it is not completely irrelevant, idk how relevant is that or how needed it was but not fully irrelevant.
I'd argue china was already stronger on no TP maps than on TP maps.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Garja wrote:Anyway I also want to point that this need for compromise because "300f 300w would be too strong, and 200f 300w might be too weak" is just another consequence of fixed crates.
Yes because it's much better than 50% of games being unplayable and the other 50% being too strong
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I'ts better when 100% of games are playable.
Image Image Image
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

harcha wrote:i wholeheartedly believe that the balance implication of 10w is not worth the polluting of changelist
whole concept of a changelist will be irrelevant with DE
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

why does tp start china need a buff is my question
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Hazza54321 wrote:why does tp start china need a buff is my question
every other civ gets a TP and then +100f on top of that
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Cometk wrote:
and china was one of the strongest civs in the previous patch so this disadvantage is somewhat warranted
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Hazza54321 wrote:
Cometk wrote:
and china was one of the strongest civs in the previous patch so this disadvantage is somewhat warranted
in the previous patch, china had the possibility of getting +100f where other civs also got one (a dynamic crate start) - it's not analogous at all, now that every other civ has the best possible start and china has a mediocre one
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Cometk wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
now that every other civ has the best possible start and china has a mediocre one
ye, if only all civs could have the same extra crate...oh wait
Image Image Image
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Garja wrote:
Cometk wrote:
Show hidden quotes
now that every other civ has the best possible start and china has a mediocre one
china overperforming when they got +100f +100w dynamic crate was what people were complaining about
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

There are no way to buff china in age 2? Because this change seem weird and china need something to hold big stuff in age 2. There are no option to reduce the cost of army, or improve step rider hp?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Cometk wrote:
Garja wrote:
Show hidden quotes
china overperforming when they got +100f +100w dynamic crate was what people were complaining about
Was it? To me China was perfectly fine matching the extra crate of other civs. The current situation seems more of a problem.
Image Image Image
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Garja wrote:
Cometk wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Was it? To me China was perfectly fine matching the extra crate of other civs. The current situation seems more of a problem.
I'm inclined to agree, but a lot of people think otherwise.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

chronique wrote:There are no way to buff china in age 2? Because this change seem weird and china need something to hold big stuff in age 2. There are no option to reduce the cost of army, or improve step rider hp?
Why would you buff China colonial when it's already above average?
Image Image Image
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Yeah i think the main problem was china getting fixed perfect crates vs random bad crates from others, now that every civ has a good crate fixed (or other buffs to compensate the lack of it) it think china with fixed best crate makes more sence
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

lemmings121 wrote:Yeah i think the main problem was china getting fixed perfect crates vs random bad crates from others
wait what do you mean here?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Cometk wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:Yeah i think the main problem was china getting fixed perfect crates vs random bad crates from others
If im not mistaken, people complained about old china fixed start vs random coin start from india or something bad like that, while if it was a wood start in this exemple, it was fine.... Right? If I dont remember things wrong, then just making current china have the exaxt same old fixed start in the current beta should be ok, without having to use ugly changes like 190w houses
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Garja wrote:
chronique wrote:There are no way to buff china in age 2? Because this change seem weird and china need something to hold big stuff in age 2. There are no option to reduce the cost of army, or improve step rider hp?
Why would you buff China colonial when it's already above average?
:lol:
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

lemmings121 wrote:
Cometk wrote:
If im not mistaken, people complained about old china fixed start vs random coin start from india or something bad like that, while if it was a wood start in this exemple, it was fine.... Right? If I dont remember things wrong, then just making current china have the exaxt same old fixed start in the current beta should be ok, without having to use ugly changes like 190w houses
yeah, that was an edge case where China benefitted. Thankfully, Zoi removed the +100c dynamic crate start. Now, the only time you get +100c is when you also get +100f crate with it (+100f, +100c total). Before EP7, China had a fixed start with +100w crate, so China could either be quite a bit worse off than the opponent (like when opponent get +100f +100w) or equal with them (like when opponent gets +100w) or somewhat ahead of them (like when the opponent gets just +100f).

The Beta China start isn't balanced because the opponent always gets the PERFECT start (+100f, +100w) while China gets just a mediocre one (+100w). That means the opponent is always overperforming, where previously it was a random chance to overperform, be at parity, or be somewhat behind. That's not to say the old way was better, because it was still shit, but it does mean that current China needs to be compensated for this comparatively subpar fixed crate start.

This explanation is kind of shit but I hope it makes sense.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Aztec
- Coyote Runner hitpoints increased to 155 (from 150)
my 15 month old meme feels relevant again
ep9.png