Thin Red Line and Soligen Steel

Brazil Felipe10mm
Crossbow

Thin Red Line and Soligen Steel

Post by Felipe10mm »

I would like the balance team to consider modifying the penalty for these technologies.
Considering an imperial Musketeer, Thin Red Line increases the unit's HP by 9.5%, and reduces the speed by 25% (315hp for 345hp).

Considering imperial Doppelsoldner, Soligen Steel increases HP and attack by 25% and reduces speed by 33% (480hp for 600hp)

I know that this happens for the reason that the increase in statistics is applied to the base values ​​of the unit, but this does not change the fact that in the late game, leaving the units much worse.

Suggestions for both cases:
1st the cost of the units could be increased.
2nd Increase the training time of the units.
3rd Review the speed penalty value.

I know that these technologies are not used in competitive games, but considering that EP can serve players of lower levels and team games, without jeopardizing competitive 1v1 games.

Thoughts?
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Re: Thin Red Line and Soligen Steel

Post by helln00 »

I think in the case of Soligen Steel, due to the fact that there are 2 other speed increasing tech for dopps( military drummers and tilly's discipline) its more about the tradeoff that you would want since the dopps can get insanse speed otherwise. With speed related tech applies the dopps become super tanks and still like 5-ish speed while without it they are essentially rods with splash damage so its more of a which style do you want.

The case is somewhat the same for thin red line, but I think the case can be made that it should cancel out rather than be larger than military drummers