New to ESOC - Multiplayer all not compatible

No Flag tomjohn09
Crossbow

New to ESOC - Multiplayer all not compatible

Post by tomjohn09 »

Just installed the patch cause getting back into AOE 3 ready for the DE
Having problems with all multiplayer games on the ESOC patch though as they say This room is not compatible with the ESOC patch. I specifically tried joining games with the maps set to ESOC Standard Maps as I figure these are also running the same patch but no luck. I am running version 8.2.2.0 and have AOE3 Asian dynasties installed via steam. These was a brief message first time I connected to multiplayer to do with Firewall but I didn't read it properly and now that message won't reappear.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Re: New to ESOC - Multiplayer all not compatible

Post by UpMySleeves »

You're most likely trying to join lobbies made on the official patch, but that use eso maps. You should just play the official version, as there are more players there.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
Spain Trevize70
Crossbow
ESO: Trevize70

Post by Trevize70 »

Where hace you launched the Game? In Steam?. Or do you have a Launcher where appears 3 Ă“ptions:

-ESOC PATCH
-TREATY PATCH
-OFFICIAL PATCH

At least, I have this Launcher at this way
No Flag tomjohn09
Crossbow

Post by tomjohn09 »

UpMySleeves wrote:You're most likely trying to join lobbies made on the official patch, but that use eso maps. You should just play the official version, as there are more players there.
Gave the official patch a try but it doesn't have any of the ESOC maps on there. Whereas the ESOC patch had them all.
No Flag tomjohn09
Crossbow

Post by tomjohn09 »

Trevize70 wrote:Where hace you launched the Game? In Steam?. Or do you have a Launcher where appears 3 Ă“ptions:

-ESOC PATCH
-TREATY PATCH
-OFFICIAL PATCH

At least, I have this Launcher at this way
I've used the desktop launcher shortcut. It is laid out just like yours and the ESOC patch is where I've been having difficulties.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

U have to join rooms where at room name doesnt write EP at the beginning or end.
Spain pain train is real
No Flag tomjohn09
Crossbow

Post by tomjohn09 »

Rohbrot wrote:U have to join rooms where at room name doesnt write EP at the beginning or end.
As far as I could see though every room had EP at the beggining. Even those using Esoc Maps
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

The mapsets are just renamed on EP, so you will see RE players seemingly hosting ESOC mapsets when you're on ESOC Patch, and you will see ESOC Patch players seemingly hosting official mapsets while you're on the official RE patch.

In order words, the rooms you're seeing just aren't hosted on EP, or they might be on EP9 beta version.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:The mapsets are just renamed on EP, so you will see RE players seemingly hosting ESOC mapsets when you're on ESOC Patch, and you will see ESOC Patch players seemingly hosting official mapsets while you're on the official RE patch.

In order words, the rooms you're seeing just aren't hosted on EP, or they might be on EP9 beta version.
Why are EP8 and EP9 still not merged? Stay at Home Cup ended, no?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

aligator92 wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:The mapsets are just renamed on EP, so you will see RE players seemingly hosting ESOC mapsets when you're on ESOC Patch, and you will see ESOC Patch players seemingly hosting official mapsets while you're on the official RE patch.

Why are EP8 and EP9 still not merged? Stay at Home Cup ended, no?
Many more changes will be coming to the beta, hopefully I'll have time to implement them over the weekend.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Cant we at least make whatever the beta is currently the official EP version. I think the current beta is widely accepted so forum users play onthat but people who use EP but dont follow the forum use EP8 making the whole game finding process harder than it needs to be