ESOC Patch: Unchained

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

ESOC Patch: Unchained

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Image As the main use-case for EP has now shifted away from the top competitive scene to a few remaining casual gamers, the harsh security measures featured on EP have become somewhat of a roadblock to having fun.
We have come to a conclusion it is time to break the chains preventing casual modders from making their own adjustments on top of EP easily, and therefore we are releasing a separate distribution, one that is better suited for the casual users of EP.

Introducing ESOC Patch: Unchained:
  • Provides same features and content as the regular ESOC Patch, except it's free of modding restrictions and anti-cheating security measures.
  • Perfect foundation for starting your own modded version of the legacy game.
  • Compatible with latest Windows Defender - does not require manual whitelisting.
  • By-design incompatible with the regular version of EP, where anti-cheating measures are still in effect.
ESOC Patch: Unchained installer is available now on the EP landing page, or as a direct download here.

For those who can't yet join us on the Definitive Edition; enjoy! :flowers:
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Re: ESOC Patch: Unchained

Post by Jets »

I just hope some modder would add the Sweden and Inca in a more balanced way. Anyway, this is great news, thank you.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Imagine not being able to get on DE KEKW must be a russian or brazilian
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

ikr
Attachments
DErub.png
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

Man i got a great idea to break japan on this mod. Im gonna make shrines gather from three resources at once, as fast as 6 villagers, give the Ashis a melee charge button and flaming arrows in colonial age.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

while you are at it maybe allow france to train cuirassiers in age2 but tactically forget to remove their veteran status
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

Jets wrote:I just hope some modder would add the Sweden and Inca in a more balanced way. Anyway, this is great news, thank you.
Quite honestly I do wonder how long it’s going to take for this to happen. Especially if DE continues to be... less than optimal, among other similar issues.

Of course if you tried it, they’d probably file and a cease and desist and in a fair world you’d be able to counter with ‘Well your product that we paid for doesn’t even work, so we are making one that does’ but that’s not how it is.

The video game industry. The only one where you can release unfinished products with ‘promises’ of fixing it later.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Peachrocks wrote:Quite honestly I do wonder how long it’s going to take for this to happen. Especially if DE continues to be... less than optimal, among other similar issues.

Of course if you tried it, they’d probably file and a cease and desist and in a fair world you’d be able to counter with ‘Well your product that we paid for doesn’t even work, so we are making one that does’ but that’s not how it is.

The video game industry. The only one where you can release unfinished products with ‘promises’ of fixing it later.
Look no further than Nintendo if you want to see cease & desist letters.
And no, DE is getting better everyday. I don't see how this would make the old game more popular. The legacy game has many issues of its own which cannot be fixed by fans.

Still, no surprises here if you would see a bunch of guys trying to do all kinds of mods, just for the heck of it. I don't see how DE's quality would change anything here.
Some people just love the challenge to mimic the new game in the old one as close as possible while removing unwanted changes.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

aaryngend wrote:
Peachrocks wrote:Quite honestly I do wonder how long it’s going to take for this to happen. Especially if DE continues to be... less than optimal, among other similar issues.

Look no further than Nintendo if you want to see cease & desist letters.
And no, DE is getting better everyday. I don't see how this would make the old game more popular. The legacy game has many issues of its own which cannot be fixed by fans.

Still, no surprises here if you would see a bunch of guys trying to do all kinds of mods, just for the heck of it. I don't see how DE's quality would change anything here.
Some people just love the challenge to mimic the new game in the old one as close as possible while removing unwanted changes.
Yeah, well cease and desist is not exclusive to Nintendo. ^_^

DE is getting better but it’s both too little too late and self fulfilling prophecy. They simply didn’t want to give the game the resources it needed because it wasn’t as popular as aoe2.

Also considering that legacy functions and runs better then DE? That’s just not right... There’s a lot of bugs and issues DE that aren’t in legacy. I mean I don’t want to be the negative guy because I had ‘hoped’ aoe3 DE would actually be good and revive interest in the game, but very early on I knew better.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Peachrocks wrote:Also considering that legacy functions and runs better then DE? That’s just not right... There’s a lot of bugs and issues DE that aren’t in legacy. I mean I don’t want to be the negative guy because I had ‘hoped’ aoe3 DE would actually be good and revive interest in the game, but very early on I knew better.
I gladly take the bugs we have with DE right now, which get fixed one by one, over the state legacy is in. I let others have fun with monster trucks and failed to join (did the recent exploits in DE get fixed with the latest patch??).

Also, wait for the fan event in a few days. We will see what they have in store for DE. Before that, all your thoughts are just guestimations. You simply can't know how much resources they will put into aoe3. Aoe2:DE was a mess in the beginning too and now look where we are :hmm:

This ESOC Patch: Unchained thing is just for modders who want all the freedom without the ESOC Anticheat tinkering. Idk who still mods the legacy game, probably the guys over at Napoleonic Era and WoL. So this change doesn't matter for many of us, even for the ones who still enjoy legacy.

Oh btw, I have a lil present for you @Peachrocks :kinggreen: You just wait :ship:
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

To be fair monster trucks are plaguing both. I’ll give you failed to join but only to a certain degree. When playing quick search for 3vs3 from my point of view? The game only starts around 33-50% of the time. Plus the player base collapsed really quickly due to the issues.

Also yes, aoe2 de was a mess but not as much as aoe3 de is. The honest truth is, I want to play it. There’s just so so many issues though that I don’t due to a natural reaction for avoiding things that cause pain.

I may be guessing on resources but it is an educated guess. If they had more resources there’s no way certain issues would still stand. Still nothing I can do, and I still have enough of an interest to pay attention to whatever happens so...
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

aaryngend wrote: This ESOC Patch: Unchained thing is just for modders who want all the freedom without the ESOC Anticheat tinkering. Idk who still mods the legacy game, probably the guys over at Napoleonic Era and WoL. So this change doesn't matter for many of us, even for the ones who still enjoy legacy.
Well it is useful to me, I wanted to mod legacy AOE3 while still having the awesome balance patch of ESOC and now I can :chinese: .
Also, the security measures did not prevent all forms of cheating, just the most common ones. Now that top players have migrated to DE there is no point in keeping them at all, since the remaining community plays only for fun.