Poll: Would you play ESOC FP?

If ESOC was to release a fan patch (more info in post), would you play it and why?

Yes, because I want to be able to play all civs.
48%
Yes, because I want to play rated on ESOC maps.
26%
Yes, for a different reason.
6%
No, because it will be hard to find games on my level.
10%
No, because I don't want any civs to change.
3%
No, for a different reason.
8%

Total votes: 324

Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

jerom wrote:
edeholland wrote:Hunt bug?
I suppose he means the backherding shit.
Thats a good and intended feature of the game, not a bug, lol. Would you want sioux/russia players to herd away all your hunts all the way back to their own base?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

edeholland wrote:
jerom wrote:I suppose he means the backherding shit.
Thats a good and intended feature of the game, not a bug, lol. Would you want sioux/russia players to herd away all your hunts all the way back to their own base?

its very annoying if youre playing on shitty maps.

The best fix for it is good maps.
No Flag สยาม
Skirmisher

Post by สยาม »

I think microsoft don't take care for aoe3.
We don't take care ms.
update patch for balance.
Change Change its.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

chronique wrote:Ok i want rec when player counter strong player water. Darwin never beat you, kynesis, on water and darwin use water too (so is know how counter). And i want the opinion of garja because when i stopped aoe3 i remember that garja dont like play against water (maybe he have changed).

edit : its also necessary to resolve hunt bug.
http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/player?t=&'n=Darwin_Giovanny&'m=&'v=10&'gt=1v1&'p1=Darwin_Giovanny&'p2=kynesie&'p3=&'p4=&'p5=&'p6=&'p7=&'mc=0&'oc=0&'map=&'lenf=&'lent=&'ft=1
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team
ESO: kynesie

Post by Kynesie »

chronique wrote:Ok i want rec when player counter strong player water. Darwin never beat you, kynesis, on water and darwin use water too (so is know how counter). And i want the opinion of garja because when i stopped aoe3 i remember that garja dont like play against water (maybe he have changed).

edit : its also necessary to resolve hunt bug.
Actually, after elo check ,we player 4 water and he won the last. He tried different strat and he understood that a hard carav rush win vs a boom water jap , because jap haven t tower or 400w up politician.

Garja don t like play against water , yeah , but it has already ask me to play against ,to try anti water strat...
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

jerom wrote:
edeholland wrote:Thats a good and intended feature of the game, not a bug, lol. Would you want sioux/russia players to herd away all your hunts all the way back to their own base?
its very annoying if youre playing on shitty maps.

The best fix for it is good maps.
The problem there is shitty hunts indeed, not the backherding.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

I have check elo before my post, and Darwin is one of the best russian player, he play water too and russian is one of best civ for counter water and i won only one game on water against you. This is the defintion of op strat sorry. Moreover, saguenay is not the best water map, borneo or indonesian are probably more strong.
Sry but one moment is neccessary to be realist, i dont want sup water but some civ on some map are op.

edeholland, your argument is not logical, or you can explain why this bug works only for bison?
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

diarouga wrote:
r4go wrote:I appreciate very much your idea, but Ill be honest, as you claim to do a patch with an adequate budget civ here when no one understood the power of the Jap, many pros say that China sucks and that the Russians are too strong ?? I think that only H20 is really Enlarged to create a Civil decent budget, with all due respect to those who are working on this idea, I do not want to be totally offensive, but the posts and comments seen so far, I see here that there are pros They believe the best of Iamgrunt and others. Pro that they are very childish and rather than admit they use the Civil stronger shoot stupid absurd, many pros now would not have to rank that age if she stayed active and played by players with enormous talent. I than many I have been fortunate to play at age since 2006, following many dynamics that even garja, which I think is a very good player, has been able to follow because it was not yet logged in the community of ESO, I was lucky enough to play and lose vs good players and exchange views with them, and to be honest, the first major difference I find between the active aging and the current age, and no one has really understood 100% the power of each civ. I do not say that I have understood, I have never been a pro team in 1v1 and only maybe I can say I played at a good level, but I think that to make a balanced FP is very difficult seeing the dynamics of todays thinking on the Civil Code, as well as the new maps ESO resourceful favor Turtle and strategies are disadvantageous as the off the map. Anyway thanks for the work they are doing however, is admirable passion that you put, I have expressed my opinion that obviously can like as not, and if I could give advice on the budget civ I would be delighted. Sincerely R4go
China is ok but for from being op. And I think every good players understand that russia is the worst civ.
I love you by listening russia is the worst civ i have played (lost) vs some pro or good players...i dont want tell their name, becouse im here to help not to hurt, but i remeber they told me russia is lame (he was cina and i was near to win it), others told me japs sucks, when i think is one of the most op civ 1-1. What i mean is that all have his idea, but nobody has the right idea..and for me, only h2o can have it
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

I assume you still mean backherding by "bug".

This "bug" does not only work for bison, but it happens to bison more often because

1) standard great plains has bad hunts, so you have to herd from far away, so you backherd more often (backherding only happens when the animal you are shooting at is too far away from his starting position)

2) bison come in herds of 15, which means you can hunt them from far away before the herd is completely dead
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Indeed.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

So, in conclusion.

1) Backherding is not a bug but a necessary feature.
2) It does not only happen with bison
3) Playing on good maps (ESOC maps for example) is the solution for making this feature less annoying
4) Backherding won't be a problem in ESOC FP because you will most likely play on ESOC maps only
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team
ESO: kynesie

Post by Kynesie »

chronique wrote:I have check elo before my post, and Darwin is one of the best russian player, he play water too and russian is one of best civ for counter water and i won only one game on water against you. This is the defintion of op strat sorry. Moreover, saguenay is not the best water map, borneo or indonesian are probably more strong.
Sry but one moment is neccessary to be realist, i dont want sup water but some civ on some map are op.

Russia isn t one of the best water civ^^
i win because i play as often as possible with water, so i have more experience.
If full water strats are op, why only about... 3 players ( boneng nayuki and me) can win against good opponent ?
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

I must admit every time I tried water I failed miserably. It's really macro intense to do good against a well thought out and common build which is played a lot. I think for water play you need to know every method to buy yourself time for the investment to pay off. I also found that with water play your shipments tend to come in slower (my subjective view). It's both difficult to play on and against water imo.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Whenever I play water the problem isnt that Im doing poorly, the problem is that I am enjoying it a lot less. Thats the reason Id like to see water being changed up a little, but thats just my opinion. Apperantly many people have a different opinion on it aswell.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

kynesie wrote:
chronique wrote:I have check elo before my post, and Darwin is one of the best russian player, he play water too and russian is one of best civ for counter water and i won only one game on water against you. This is the defintion of op strat sorry. Moreover, saguenay is not the best water map, borneo or indonesian are probably more strong.

Russia isn t one of the best water civ^^
i win because i play as often as possible with water, so i have more experience.
If full water strats are op, why only about... 3 players ( boneng nayuki and me) can win against good opponent ?

because nobody does it and so many people dont have the experience. and many people dont wall early enough. whenever i do water i usually nearly die because i cba to wall from the start which is what you have to do basically. afaik u even send 300w to wall even though thats technically terrible, but walls are stronk
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

calmyourtits wrote:That''s great to hear, we can use all the expert help we can get. I''ll PM skype info.
Big thanks to everyone being included in this venture ESPECIALLY Garja ,who invests so much in it and gets only hate out of it
Plus one! Garja is not getting nearly enough credit for what he''s done for this community.

True garja his maps are epic, ty garja !
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Also, the poll seems heavily in favor of a fan patch (167 vs 32 atm), so I guess you guys should make it happen already :)
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

r4go wrote:
diarouga wrote:China is ok but for from being op. And I think every good players understand that russia is the worst civ.
I love you by listening russia is the worst civ i have played (lost) vs some pro or good players...i dont want tell their name, becouse im here to help not to hurt, but i remeber they told me russia is lame (he was cina and i was near to win it), others told me japs sucks, when i think is one of the most op civ 1-1. What i mean is that all have his idea, but nobody has the right idea..and for me, only h2o can have it
H2O and most of the 2k4+ elo say that russia is the worst civ.
Russia is indeed quite lame in the way that you win vs a no food but it is the worst still.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

umeu wrote:
kynesie wrote:Russia isn t one of the best water civ^^

because nobody does it and so many people dont have the experience. and many people dont wall early enough. whenever i do water i usually nearly die because i cba to wall from the start which is what you have to do basically. afaik u even send 300w to wall even though thats technically terrible, but walls are stronk
Many lt co/colo use op strats to beat players like H2O etc. But nobody is trying water vs them because they know it isnt op (roby did but hes as good as H2O anyway).
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

jerom wrote:Also, the poll seems heavily in favor of a fan patch (167 vs 32 atm), so I guess you guys should make it happen already :)
You do realize this entire thread is basically window dressing, don''t you?

This is the mancl_community''s mancl_patch, after all...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

jerom wrote:
zoom wrote:I dont know that its an insult so much as a mention. Its the kind of thing Id expect either or both of you two to say, given your posting history.
interesting. Ive never seen you elaborate when I apperantly have been very wrong. Id much appreciate it if you would in the future, instead of such rather childish comments.
I fail to see how I was pointing out you being wrong. Besides, I like my childish comments...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:
jerom wrote:Also, the poll seems heavily in favor of a fan patch (167 vs 32 atm), so I guess you guys should make it happen already :)
You do realize this entire thread is basically window dressing, dont you?

This is the mancl_communitys mancl_patch, after all...
Yes and I want them to cut the window dressing and start delivering patches :p
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

chronique wrote:Ok i want rec when player counter strong player water..
K, I''ll do it.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

It''s more about the number of responses than the ratio of yesses to nos.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I wanted to see 200 yes votes, the turnout is somewhat disappointing to me although that might be because people don''t feel the need to vote when the ratio is already 5:1. The ratio yes:no is not really what the poll was about, it was mainly about the number of people voting yes and the number of people voting for the "No, because I won''t find games on my level" option.
But it''ll probably reach 200 tomorrow. At this point it seems likely that the patch is happening but no promises ')