Poll: Would you play ESOC FP?

If ESOC was to release a fan patch (more info in post), would you play it and why?

Yes, because I want to be able to play all civs.
48%
Yes, because I want to play rated on ESOC maps.
26%
Yes, for a different reason.
6%
No, because it will be hard to find games on my level.
10%
No, because I don't want any civs to change.
3%
No, for a different reason.
8%

Total votes: 324

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

dsy wrote:I would play of course. People stopped playing this game cause it had been no support to "nerf and buff" civilisations and upgrade map pools. I mean make a new fp doesnt only give us a new balance to play the game, it breaks the ice and gives a new chance to get the game closer and closer to the competitive games.

And one important tip guys. Make the new FP technically easy to install and easy to UPDATE for players if a new version comes!!!

they have an auto updater included. If you launch the patch its supposed to automatically update if there is a new update.

And Im sure the installation is going to be easy aswell.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

People belive me this patch won't become viral I mean max people that would use it will be like 100 max...
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

which is exactly the amount of people playing 1v1 sup at any time on the current patch

And anyway poll says almost 200 yes so your math is wrong
Image Image Image
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

I would definitelyyyyyy play it.
buff those rods :)
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag สยาม
Skirmisher

Post by สยาม »

Change New Patch for Balance Civs.
Because Microsoft don't take care for aoe3.
So we not need care for ms.
Change its for funny game.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

calmyourtits wrote:We don''t know yet. There will be an official announcement sometime soon with more details.
Can somebody with ideas join the team?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag kokiloki
Musketeer

Post by kokiloki »

Is there any way to implement some sort of spectator mode, with ui, like in LoL?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

kokiloki wrote:Is there any way to implement some sort of spectator mode, with ui, like in LoL?
That''d probably be a lot of work and also highly unneeded since we''ve got aizamk''s ui anyways.
No Flag kokiloki
Musketeer

Post by kokiloki »

bramboy wrote:
kokiloki wrote:Is there any way to implement some sort of spectator mode, with ui, like in LoL?
Thatd probably be a lot of work and also highly unneeded since weve got aizamks ui anyways.

I ment the aiz ui
No Flag lusas
Skirmisher

Post by lusas »

i want to play with the new patch : more fair maps : hunt and treasures and fixed some other overpower issues that makes some civs unplayable in a MU
No Flag lusas
Skirmisher

Post by lusas »

Patch notes ?

The only way to get this patch sucess is to update autoatic in eso , because players that play with op civs wont play a patch ewre civs are balance
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

lusas wrote:Patch notes ?

The only way to get this patch sucess is to update autoatic in eso , because players that play with op civs wont play a patch ewre civs are balance
I disagree. I think people that play op civs will want to play their civ without people complaining about it.
No Flag lusas
Skirmisher

Post by lusas »

They dont care about complaning !!! also if Eso agrees to let fp patch be official patch comunity wont be split!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

adderbrain5 wrote:
durokan wrote: you have forgotten about shipping extra explorers and alt-d ing all of them. We arent silly port players, we are the students of aiz-senpai!

Something to consider for fan patch is to remove the bug where asians can train mams (and elmeti?) in age three. Also, I think there is some chinese monastery tech bug that boosts up all unit damage+hp when it should only do it for disciples. I havent been affected by either of these things, but I did see zuta mention both of them on stream during the tournament.
+1 to that man elmeti bug. Some douchebag lieut called I ecreamtruck rekd my Iro colonial game with elmeti... I was so pissed. Ive posted about it before too

when was this? I used to play a decent amount with him but havent seen him online much lately
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

gibson wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote: +1 to that man elmeti bug. Some douchebag lieut called I ecreamtruck rekd my Iro colonial game with elmeti... I was so pissed. Ive posted about it before too
when was this? I used to play a decent amount with him but havent seen him online much lately

probably six months ago
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

thebritish wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:We dont know yet. There will be an official announcement sometime soon with more details.
Only if you meet the qualifications.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

zoom wrote:
thebritish wrote:Can somebody with ideas join the team?
Only if you meet the qualifications.
You need to learn how to use mm vs pikes or petards before you can work on a balance patch
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I personally would agree with that, but I was thinking more of the initiation rites...
No Flag PoniPoika
Skirmisher

Post by PoniPoika »

zoom wrote:I personally would agree with that, but I was thinking more of the initiation rites...

I really doubt there is anyone here who hasn''t already sacrificed the heart of a baby goat to our benevolent overlord.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

thebritish wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:We dont know yet. There will be an official announcement sometime soon with more details.
It takes more than ideas to be valuable to the team, but as I said earlier ideas are always welcome.
For testgames and balance discussion, only high level players are useful. So not me then :(
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

kaiserklein wrote:
zoom wrote:Only if you meet the qualifications.
You need to learn how to use mm vs pikes or petards before you can work on a balance patch
MM are waste IMO, and losing one game (vs pikes) doesnt mean that i am automatically out without chances for joining the team. :coffee:
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

calmyourtits wrote:
thebritish wrote:Can somebody with ideas join the team?
It takes more than ideas to be valuable to the team, but as I said earlier ideas are always welcome.
For testgames and balance discussion, only high level players are useful. So not me then :(
why only the highest players can only talk about balance?
I am kinda confused about this. :huh:
If somebody knows almost 4/5 from all civilisations, the strenght and weakness on them and what makes them OP or weak, by giving ideas and how a civ can be buffed, it would only need programmers to make the patch. :rolleyes:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

thebritish wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:It takes more than ideas to be valuable to the team, but as I said earlier ideas are always welcome.
why only the highest players can only talk about balance?
Because they understand the game on a deep enough level that their opinion is valuable.
For example, a pr15 player might think jan rush is OP because he cant stop it and would nerf it when in fact its not OP at all.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

calmyourtits wrote:
thebritish wrote:why only the highest players can only talk about balance?
Because they understand the game on a deep enough level that their opinion is valuable.
For example, a pr15 player might think jan rush is OP because he cant stop it and would nerf it when in fact its not OP at all.
Thats true, but why not medium players (pr25-pr35).

[spoiler]{Why pr25-pr35?}
I think by high levels it is meant for those who are around PR38+

Or maybe make two teams.

High levels players and a suggestion board (medium players).

Medium players give ideas and discuss it between them and if the idea is good it can be passed to the high level players to discuss it. This could make it easier for top players to concentrate on the most import things for the patch.

[spoiler]{Team of medium players?}
The team of medium players would be chosen carefully as well and maybe it could be made from 7-14 players (depends if one players is dedicated and knows almost everything about one civilisation or about two civilisations).[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Because the same thing applies to a lesser extent.