Poll: Would you play ESOC FP?

If ESOC was to release a fan patch (more info in post), would you play it and why?

Yes, because I want to be able to play all civs.
48%
Yes, because I want to play rated on ESOC maps.
26%
Yes, for a different reason.
6%
No, because it will be hard to find games on my level.
10%
No, because I don't want any civs to change.
3%
No, for a different reason.
8%

Total votes: 324

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

diarouga wrote:
paul wrote:longbow attack nerf to 15 or 16.

Well only do some small changes to iro otto sioux port spain and dutch.
And I dont think people agree with you about the 10/10 which will suck even more on balanced maps.

You serious for the lbow?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag สยาม
Skirmisher

Post by สยาม »

yurashic wrote:
chun wrote:Upcoming Patch for balance civs : Release Dates ?
? I need balance.

They will nerf China. Dont wait and hope.
http://eso-community.net/thread/343/aoe3-tier-list-updated-april

Nerf?

1) Iroquois: 9.32

2) Ottoman: 8.81

3) India: 7.68

4) Japan: 7.55

5) British: 7.09

6) Aztec: 6.72

7) Sioux: 6.54

8) France: 6.52

9) Germany: 6.38

9 civ need nerf hard? lol example japan have Toshogu Shrine. and shrine op.?other civ cant use cavalry atk village. village fram at tw . Daimyo(if japan have. other civ need have) and yumi range 19 damage 19 = Musketeer 23 dont balance? and British house have free 20 village dont balance?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

chun wrote:
yurashic wrote:They will nerf China. Dont wait and hope.
http://eso-community.net/thread/343/aoe3-tier-list-updated-april

Nerf?

9 civ need nerf hard? lol example japan have Toshogu Shrine. and shrine op.?other civ cant use cavalry atk village. village fram at tw . Daimyo(if japan have. other civ need have) and yumi range 19 damage 19 = Musketeer 23 dont balance? and British house have free 20 village dont balance?
they pay more for houses.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

I would stop the FP there is a chance we would get a new official patch on aoe 3 better that then a FP used by 0.1 % of the community....
No Flag สยาม
Skirmisher

Post by สยาม »

thebritish wrote:
chun wrote:http://eso-community.net/thread/343/aoe3-tier-list-updated-april

Nerf?

they pay more for houses.
not op? free 20 village = 2000 food and. and not need use time. build 1 house = 1 village not use time for village
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

diarouga wrote:
paul wrote:
Well only do some small changes to iro otto sioux port spain and dutch.
And I dont think people agree with you about the 10/10 which will suck even more on balanced maps.
You dont balance TAD civs ? Sounds like a botched patch.
No Flag irage
Musketeer

Post by irage »

medinos wrote:I would stop the FP there is a chance we would get a new official patch on aoe 3 better that then a FP used by 0.1 % of the community....
I agree with you, FP is just going to divide the community , the high players ( which are actually few in number) will install the FP and play on it and infact all of them will do it , but when u come down to lt cap games, some of them wont install FP and it will create a divide and in the end mid/low lvl players end up getting no games , but again FP is made by high level players , so I guess all what they care is them getting a game( the way they want it with all the modifications).
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

There is no reason why 1lt or captains shouldn't install and play on the FP as their main patch.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

shaolinstar wrote:
diarouga wrote:Well only do some small changes to iro otto sioux port spain and dutch.
You dont balance TAD civs ? Sounds like a botched patch.
TAD civs arent op at high level. They are good but you can win with euro civs. And if you buff euro civs, you kinda nerf tad civs.
They may be nerfed in an other version but we want the changes in the 1st patch to be minimals.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Even just playing on ESOC maps without any change about civs would already be a huge step forward, I can't see how people can complain. And if people make their best to share the info that there is a new patch and where to find him, the community shouldn't split too much. We can open channels, spread the info on other forums, and try to ask microsoft if they can share the info etc

Btw, what about nilla ? Will the patch affect it ? Even if I know a lot of you guys don't give a shit about nilla, patching tad and not nilla would isolate nilla players (even more than today lol) and might result in a bigger split of the community
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

kaiserklein wrote:Even just playing on ESOC maps without any change about civs would already be a huge step forward, I can''t see how people can complain. And if people make their best to share the info that there is a new patch and where to find him, the community shouldn''t split too much. We can open channels, spread the info on other forums, and try to ask microsoft if they can share the info etc

Btw, what about nilla ? Will the patch affect it ? Even if I know a lot of you guys don''t give a shit about nilla, patching tad and not nilla would isolate nilla players (even more than today lol) and might result in a bigger split of the community
Well, if people are playing nilla and no tad, that''s because they don''t care about the community, otherwise they would be on tad.
I know some think that tad isn''t balanced but if we balance civs on the patch, why wouldn''t come on tad?
Actually making a nilla patch would take a lot of time+spliting the community.
Lancer

Post by medinos »

People only 300 people will use that FP and belive me you will reinstall the patch like 1-3 days everyone will do it I can already see it...
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

chun wrote:
thebritish wrote:they pay more for houses.
not op? free 20 village = 2000 food and. and not need use time. build 1 house = 1 village not use time for village
and what we can say about ports who get a town center and can get villagers twice faster
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

I do like Chicor?e.
Jaeger

diarouga wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:You dont balance TAD civs ? Sounds like a botched patch.
TAD civs arent op at high level. They are good but you can win with euro civs. And if you buff euro civs, you kinda nerf tad civs.
They may be nerfed in an other version but we want the changes in the 1st patch to be minimals.
"TAD civs arent op at high level." Thats why everybody plays french, brit, russians. Only MusketJr plays euro civs (with rare exceptions), everybody else hurries to pick TAD civs.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

medinos wrote:People only 300 people will use that FP and belive me you will reinstall the patch like 1-3 days everyone will do it I can already see it...
You don''t have to reinstall anything. You can play both patches whenever you want. Also 300 people is a huge number, that''s about all the people who are playing 1v1 supremacy games.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

shaolinstar wrote:
diarouga wrote:TAD civs arent op at high level. They are good but you can win with euro civs. And if you buff euro civs, you kinda nerf tad civs.
"TAD civs arent op at high level." Thats why everybody plays french, brit, russians. Only MusketJr plays euro civs (with rare exceptions), everybody else hurries to pick TAD civs.
Nope, everybody mirror. And also, the maps (Tibet, cascade range) obliged you to pick china and india.
On fair maps ger, fre and dutch are as good as india.
Fre, ger are as good as china.
Fre, ger, brit, russia are as good as jap.
So they arent op and they are harder to play. I bet you dont play tad civs.
And btw, port and dutch will be as good as the tad civs on the new patch so np.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Btw, if Britain and their manors who give free settlers got nerfed, i wont play on the fan patch.
Lancer

Post by medinos »

garja wrote:
medinos wrote:People only 300 people will use that FP and belive me you will reinstall the patch like 1-3 days everyone will do it I can already see it...
You dont have to reinstall anything. You can play both patches whenever you want. Also 300 people is a huge number, thats about all the people who are playing 1v1 supremacy games.
how is a 300 number even huge when you compare 8000 total accounts over 24hours and that 300 number was just an expresion the votes are showing how much people totally..
and what is the reason for the FP not being showed just the details...
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

thebritish wrote:Btw, if Britain and their manors who give free settlers got nerfed, i wont play on the fan patch.
?Only spain, dutch, port, sioux, iro and otto will be changed?
Jaeger

diarouga wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:"TAD civs arent op at high level." Thats why everybody plays french, brit, russians. Only MusketJr plays euro civs (with rare exceptions), everybody else hurries to pick TAD civs.
Nope, everybody mirror. And also, the maps (Tibet, cascade range) obliged you to pick china and india.
On fair maps ger, fre and dutch are as good as india.
Fre, ger are as good as china.
Fre, ger, brit, russia are as good as jap.
So they arent op and they are harder to play. I bet you dont play tad civs.
And btw, port and dutch will be as good as the tad civs on the new patch so np.
I play mainly TAD civs. Cant be more objective...unlike you. user_27915_5QT3MX3R
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

those numbers are kinda deciving. You don't have 8k new people at all every day, otherwhise you would also have thousands of people playing at the same time. If you look at the game browser for like 1-2 hours you can literally count the people who play.
FP is not being showed because it's not ready yet?
Image Image Image
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

thebritish wrote:Btw, if Britain and their manors who give free settlers got nerfed, i wont play on the fan patch.
Is Brits really the only thing you care about or also balance a bit? :p
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

thebritish wrote:
chun wrote:not op? free 20 village = 2000 food and. and not need use time. build 1 house = 1 village not use time for village
No Flag kokiloki
Musketeer

Post by kokiloki »

They didn''t say they''ll change brits. There is actually no reason to change that.