Poll: Would you play ESOC FP?

If ESOC was to release a fan patch (more info in post), would you play it and why?

Yes, because I want to be able to play all civs.
48%
Yes, because I want to play rated on ESOC maps.
26%
Yes, for a different reason.
6%
No, because it will be hard to find games on my level.
10%
No, because I don't want any civs to change.
3%
No, for a different reason.
8%

Total votes: 324

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

chronique wrote:"Btw those statistics don''t mean much eh"

Develop your point of view.

Any statistic about this game is flawed. pr30+ is wide range of players, playing on a wide range of maps, half of which are pretty terrible.
Only thing I trust is my personal experience + those of good players.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Ofc, rush is the worst option on a balanced map but as russia, you can't really stop your opponent from aging 3, and your age3 is one of the worst in the game...
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

"pr30+ is wide range of players, playing on a wide range of maps, half of which are pretty terrible."

You don't take all maps in consideration for saying if one civ is op or not?
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

I don't think Russia's fortress is that bad. They get units as cost efficient as fortress ones in colonial but then just get no real bonus if they age to fortress' other civs have their civ advantage and get an advantage from aging up. Russias civ advantage is similar to having fortress units (cost efficiency wise).
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

diarouga wrote:Ofc, rush is the worst option on a balanced map but as russia, you can''t really stop your opponent from aging 3, and your age3 is one of the worst in the game...
dang, not at all
Image Image Image
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Post by aoefan4life »

garja wrote:Believing that Russia strenght is only in their rush is a bit noobish eh.
He did have a point. Imbalanced maps do make Russia OP because of their fast attack potential and mass up. Just place another blockhouse at a hunt that can safe villagers and create units.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

garja wrote:
diarouga wrote:Ofc, rush is the worst option on a balanced map but as russia, you cant really stop your opponent from aging 3, and your age3 is one of the worst in the game...
dang, not at all
What are you goona do? Strel/ca? And you think you can beat a fre or a ger semi with that?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

As long as you keep getting good trades yes, why not
Image Image Image
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

rusdia is a civ of variance. they can do an all in?5-4-13?. they can do a semi rush too (like 5cos 700w). vs a rush they can send 700f first. they can do a 700w 700g 5 cos timing too. they have good unit combo, boyar, good eco in late colonial. their musk and strelet are weak but tc still need 2 shots to kill one, so russia rush is extremely useful vs a naked ff.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

diarouga wrote:
paul wrote:but weaker than spain dutch port? idk
they definitely loose to a spain ff.
Vs dutch/port thats close but on water map port rape russia and I think dutch is a bit better than russia (eventhough Im not 100% sure).

but they do better vs other civs.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think russia outperforms Dutch on a water map. Their water boom is pretty strong I think.
No Flag g06092
Skirmisher

Post by g06092 »

jerom wrote:I think russia outperforms Dutch on a water map. Their water boom is pretty strong I think.
Based on what? Russia has nothing special for water.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

g06092 wrote:
jerom wrote:I think russia outperforms Dutch on a water map. Their water boom is pretty strong I think.

they have schooners.... If 40w vil isnt special to you Idk what is. You can also build your blockhouses coast side to help control water early
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

g06092 wrote:
They dont have a great age 1 card which allows them to ship schooners first I think.
No Flag g06092
Skirmisher

Post by g06092 »

jerom wrote:
g06092 wrote:Based on what? Russia has nothing special for water.
They dont have a great age 1 card which allows them to ship schooners first I think.
This is the most stupid reason Ive heard. So they are too strong because they dont have a good choice for age 1 card? Is that really what allows them to send shipments or just the fact that any civ can do that? You can say then that Russia is OP for having 2 cav shipments and they can totally forget sending shipment in Discovery Age and save it for colonial to have 9 cav start. LOL
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

g06092 wrote:
jerom wrote:They dont have a great age 1 card which allows them to ship schooners first I think.
This is the most stupid reason Ive heard. So they are too strong because they dont have a good choice for age 1 card? Is that really what allows them to send shipments or just the fact that any civ can do that? You can say then that Russia is OP for having 2 cav shipments and they can totally forget sending shipment in Discovery Age and save it for colonial to have 9 cav start. LOL
Its not stupid if youd take the time to think about it. They dont have a 3 vill card (which is insanely good), so they are balanced around that. They get other things to make up for the fact that they dont have a 3 vill card. So, if you are not shipping their normal option (distributivism), but schooners instead, you are not missing out on too much. If you dont ship 3 vills as civs like Dutch, you are giving up a lot and they dont have much to make up for that. Thats also one of the reasons why ports are so good at water booming actually.
No Flag g06092
Skirmisher

Post by g06092 »

jerom wrote:
g06092 wrote:This is the most stupid reason Ive heard. So they are too strong because they dont have a good choice for age 1 card? Is that really what allows them to send shipments or just the fact that any civ can do that? You can say then that Russia is OP for having 2 cav shipments and they can totally forget sending shipment in Discovery Age and save it for colonial to have 9 cav start. LOL
Its not stupid if youd take the time to think about it. They dont have a 3 vill card (which is insanely good), so they are balanced around that. They get other things to make up for the fact that they dont have a 3 vill card. So, if you are not shipping their normal option (distributivism), but schooners instead, you are not missing out on too much. If you dont ship 3 vills as civs like Dutch, you are giving up a lot and they dont have much to make up for that. Thats also one of the reasons why ports are so good at water booming actually.
Everything you said is absolutely wrong. I cant believe you have such wrong understanding.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

g06092 wrote:
jerom wrote:Its not stupid if youd take the time to think about it. They dont have a 3 vill card (which is insanely good), so they are balanced around that. They get other things to make up for the fact that they dont have a 3 vill card. So, if you are not shipping their normal option (distributivism), but schooners instead, you are not missing out on too much. If you dont ship 3 vills as civs like Dutch, you are giving up a lot and they dont have much to make up for that. Thats also one of the reasons why ports are so good at water booming actually.
Everything you said is absolutely wrong. I cant believe you have such wrong understanding.
or... everything you said is wrong.

Its basically common sense really, but you can just call that wrong. I dont mind that. Looking forward for you to present actual arguments.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Btw it is not that port are very good at water booming, it's just that they're the only civ who benefit more from sea boom than land boom. Russia can always be aggressive+stagecoach and all other civs have better land options.
It's entirely possible for Russia to send schooners first.
Image Image Image
No Flag g06092
Skirmisher

Post by g06092 »

jerom wrote:
g06092 wrote:Everything you said is absolutely wrong. I cant believe you have such wrong understanding.
or... everything you said is wrong.

Its basically common sense really, but you can just call that wrong. I dont mind that. Looking forward for you to present actual arguments.
I already told you why what you said is stupid. It makes no sense. Thats why when you repeat it while thinking I misunderstood you makes no difference to me. I wont continue repeating you same stuff all over again.Russia has nothing more in compare with Dutch in this MU in terms of water play.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

jerom wrote:
g06092 wrote:This is the most stupid reason Ive heard. So they are too strong because they dont have a good choice for age 1 card? Is that really what allows them to send shipments or just the fact that any civ can do that? You can say then that Russia is OP for having 2 cav shipments and they can totally forget sending shipment in Discovery Age and save it for colonial to have 9 cav start. LOL
Its not stupid if youd take the time to think about it. They dont have a 3 vill card (which is insanely good), so they are balanced around that. They get other things to make up for the fact that they dont have a 3 vill card. So, if you are not shipping their normal option (distributivism), but schooners instead, you are not missing out on too much. If you dont ship 3 vills as civs like Dutch, you are giving up a lot and they dont have much to make up for that.?Thats also one of the reasons why ports are so good at water booming actually.?

Wood trickle is close to 3 vills actually.

Ports are good at water booming not because they can easily ship schooners, but because they can stick their TC on the coast so it will attack enemy warships. Also the second TC means you cant kill them early. On land maps they struggle for res but on water they have infinite res. All this allows them to get to the point when there are 20 jinetes running around your eco and when the Portuguese player wins.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

g06092 wrote:
jerom wrote:or... everything you said is wrong.

I already told you why what you said is stupid. It makes no sense. Thats why when you repeat it while thinking I misunderstood you makes no difference to me. I wont continue repeating you same stuff all over again.Russia has nothing more in compare with Dutch in this MU in terms of water play.
What jerom said makes perfect sense... If russia can usually afford not to send 3 vils, then schooners is less of a waste for them than it is for dutch, who have to skip 3 vils. After all, lets say russia ages up with 17 vils (can make sense for a waterboom), it means they already gained 4 vils compared to a "normal" civ. Thats one reason why they can play without vils shipments, so they can ship schooners age 1 because they dont waste a 3 vils card. Just like germans would never send schooners instead of their 2 sws, russia can instead of wood trickle.

Its kinda hard to explain but it makes perfect sense... Idk why you are being so arrogant

About the former topic : I wondered if it would be possible to make the guy who loses his connection also lose pr and elo ? Or is this impossible to do with a patch ? Because it would prevent people from dropping since it would result in a loss.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

kaiserklein wrote:
g06092 wrote:I already told you why what you said is stupid. It makes no sense. Thats why when you repeat it while thinking I misunderstood you makes no difference to me. I wont continue repeating you same stuff all over again.Russia has nothing more in compare with Dutch in this MU in terms of water play.
What jerom said makes perfect sense... If russia can usually afford not to send 3 vils, then schooners is less of a waste for them than it is for dutch, who have to skip 3 vils. After all, lets say russia ages up with 17 vils (can make sense for a waterboom), it means they already gained 4 vils compared to a "normal" civ. Thats one reason why they can play without vils shipments, so they can ship schooners age 1 because they dont waste a 3 vils card. Just like germans would never send schooners instead of their 2 sws, russia can instead of wood trickle.

Its kinda hard to explain but it makes perfect sense... Idk why you are being so arrogant

About the former topic : I wondered if it would be possible to make the guy who loses his connection also lose pr and elo ? Or is this impossible to do with a patch ? Because it would prevent people from dropping since it would result in a loss.

I think thats simply impossible given the way eso functions. You only use eso to set up a game together, you dont have a connection to eso while playing. Afterwards you reconnect to eso and report the result of the match to it. In the end, one player losing connection is basically the same as the other player losing connection, so I think eso just decides the winner is the first one that reconnects to eso.

There might be some more to it, but I think drophacking is just unavoidable with a system like eso. Thats probably why the developers never tried to fix it either.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

Are we going to get the FP after the tournament like you people said ?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

medinos wrote:Are we going to get the FP after the tournament like you people said ?
lets hope so
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish