ESOC Patch suggestions, comments and discussion

Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Re: ESOC Patch suggestions, comments and discussion

Post by Kawapasaka »

charlemango wrote:Just wondering, is it possible to implement a random civ choice for players? I know AIs have "Random Personality" option. Imagine the awesome series we could have with random matchups.

Did you watch the GUA sub tour?
United States of America charlemango
Musketeer
ESO: 2ndLastKnight

Post by charlemango »

Kawapasaka wrote:
charlemango wrote:Just wondering, is it possible to implement a random civ choice for players? I know AIs have "Random Personality" option. Imagine the awesome series we could have with random matchups.

Did you watch the GUA sub tour?

Yeah I did, the anticipation of the civs was the best part tbh
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Bug report:
Admiralty seems to not affect the Imperial Men-o'-War upgrade in the dock, while it affects the Imperial Monitor upgrade.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Suggestion: Improve the Garrochista Lancer's unit skin like we did for Besteiros and Carabineer Ruyters.
Reason: Improve game readability.
Lancer:
Lancer.png
Garrochista:
Garrochista.png
New Garrochista from the Japanese consulate:
ConsGarrochista.png
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

gamevideo113 wrote:Bug report:
Admiralty seems to not affect the Imperial Men-o'-War upgrade in the dock, while it affects the Imperial Monitor upgrade.
Wasn't affecting the Euro version of the upgrade, fix will be included in next EP7 Beta.
gamevideo113 wrote:Suggestion: Improve the Garrochista Lancer's unit skin like we did for Besteiros and Carabineer Ruyters.
Once again, ES just misspelled the Lancer upgrade tech name in art file. Fix will be included in next EP7 Beta.

Thanks for the reports!
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

:love: :love: :love:
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Just tried the beta with China, my hotkey for selecting the War Academy now also trains one of the new armies, and the new armies don't appear in the war academy hotkey section. Is this something that can be fixed with the release?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Kawapasaka wrote:Just tried the beta with China, my hotkey for selecting the War Academy now also trains one of the new armies, and the new armies don't appear in the war academy hotkey section. Is this something that can be fixed with the release?
I've alerted Eaglemut to this. There will be an update to the beta, as soon as possible, to address a few things.

Thanks!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Kawapasaka wrote:Just tried the beta with China, my hotkey for selecting the War Academy now also trains one of the new armies, and the new armies don't appear in the war academy hotkey section. Is this something that can be fixed with the release?
Hey! The hotkeys for Mongolian & Black Flag armies are in fact still customizable, but they remain in the Castle Hotkeys section on the Hotkey UI. I was able to keep them functional that way, but moving them into a different hotkey section is unfortunately not something I can do, simply because that would break profile settings compatibility with RE. Thanks for bringing the issue up, hopefully it is not too much of a problem :flowers:
Paraguay endtime
Crossbow

Post by endtime »

I was thinking around this for a while, changing the Hunt behavior, making it to be static after reaching an certain area around an outpost or towncenter.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Can we increase stagecoach line of sight? Already don't know why it had to be decreased to begin with anyway. But right now, stagecoach sometimes doesn't even have enough line of sight to scout your opponent's TP lol.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

Can we remove the stagecoach line of sight? Just makes it even stronger than it is.
mad cuz bad
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Kaiserklein wrote:Can we increase stagecoach line of sight? Already don't know why it had to be decreased to begin with anyway. But right now, stagecoach sometimes doesn't even have enough line of sight to scout your opponent's TP lol.
Absolutelyā€”if players vote in favor of it, in the next poll, where voting will decide many things, directly. Good thing a giant icon in yellow shows up when it's built, in the mean time.

It didn't have to be removed at all, I just see the logical benefits of it, and want to test it for a month or two.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

endtime wrote:I was thinking around this for a while, changing the Hunt behavior, making it to be static after reaching an certain area around an outpost or towncenter.
Yeah, trash player such as myself would be overjoyed with that idea.
Na seriously herding correctly is a skill that should be rewarded (I'd be in favour of removing back-herding mechanism however).
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

I think herding is necessary if you want to reach master sergeant + lol
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo ā€“ The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

bittersalt123 wrote:I think herding is necessary if you want to reach master sergeant + lol
Yes of course but still it uses some of your apm.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
bittersalt123 wrote:I think herding is necessary if you want to reach master sergeant + lol
Yes of course but still it uses some of your apm.
ya true if you do it more often you wont have to spend wood for a tower as much
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo ā€“ The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
No Flag Superfly47
Musketeer
ESO: Superfly47

Post by Superfly47 »

The supremacy patch is focused on 1v1 where OP late game Gendarmes don't matter. For 3v3 imperial sometimes happen and French is too OP. In case developers of AOE3D use the ESOC patch, Gendarmes should be nerfed since they are too OP late. I wouldn't copy the treaty version for supremacy since that likely makes them too weak in age 3. Instead, make their stats 'colonial' and reduce the age 4 upgrade to standard 30% attack/hp and cost 600w/g.
China LaplaceArrow
Musketeer
ESO: Cry_Baby
Clan: TPG

Post by LaplaceArrow »

in EP 7.1.0.0
1.About Nootka War Chief in map Alaska(or any map with this native TP). Cost of this unit is 200f100w but train and kill XP bounties are 20/20.
2.About rescued native warriors. When ur starting age is not discovery age, those rescued warriors have 1.5 bonus attack on villager/hero units.
3.Chu Ko Nu now have inaccuracy with each arrow, except in volley/melee mode.
4.The bug "players to continually reset unit rate-of-fire by canceling an activated ability, such as Explorer crackshot" still exist
Germany rnmrtzk
Musketeer
ESO: rnmrtzk

Post by rnmrtzk »

Hey guys, is it possible to make "hold position" useable? It would be amazing if the units would start shooting earlier after you put them in "hold position". It takes almost an eternity for the units to attack right after you put them in hold position. Even if there are other units really close by. Could we minimize that delay, so that they start to attack nearby units faster?
look wrote:I Opened the TAD today
it looks like i was in paradise
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Has there been any discussion about standardizing/changing the costs of unit upgrades? I think if we are worried about exiled-prince-skirm-goon-3-hands-on-dick-semi-ff play, reducing and standardizing the cost of veteran unit upgrades to 150w/c or 100w/200c would be a good change. There has also been discussion about Royal Guard upgrades, and I definitely agree that they are just flat out worse than a normal guard upgrade. Champion upgrades for native civs (albeit they are only 25% and not 30%) are just 400w, 200c iirc, which also seems unbalanced. So here are my ideas:

- "veteran," "elite," and "disciplined" upgrade cost standardized to 100w, 200c for all civs
- "guard," "champion" and "honored" upgrade cost standardized to 450w, 450c for all civs
- "Royal guard" upgrade cost standardized to 600w, 600c for all civs
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Darwin_ wrote:Has there been any discussion about standardizing/changing the costs of unit upgrades? I think if we are worried about exiled-prince-skirm-goon-3-hands-on-dick-semi-ff play, reducing and standardizing the cost of veteran unit upgrades to 150w/c or 100w/200c would be a good change. There has also been discussion about Royal Guard upgrades, and I definitely agree that they are just flat out worse than a normal guard upgrade. Champion upgrades for native civs (albeit they are only 25% and not 30%) are just 400w, 200c iirc, which also seems unbalanced. So here are my ideas:

- "veteran," "elite," and "disciplined" upgrade cost standardized to 100w, 200c for all civs
- "guard," "champion" and "honored" upgrade cost standardized to 450w, 450c for all civs
- "Royal guard" upgrade cost standardized to 600w, 600c for all civs
Elite upgrades are 200 wood 100 coin already, should this not be the standard?
Also, mmmm 450 wood 450 coin honoured yumi :love:
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

@dansil92 The coin cost isn't what is prohibitive about veteran upgrades, it's the wood cost. 200w, 100c wouldn't really change all that much IMO because wood is so much more valuable and rare in early fortress.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Darwin_ wrote:@dansil92 The coin cost isn't what is prohibitive about veteran upgrades, it's the wood cost. 200w, 100c wouldn't really change all that much IMO because wood is so much more valuable and rare in early fortress.
I feel this would be wayyy too big a buff to iro-azzy and japan-india. Also to otto when you think about it. While royal guard ups are stupidly cost ineffective (it is legit a huge reason to go longbow goon and not musk huss as brits), i think the rest are fine
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Brit not good enought ^^