User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 10001
ESO: Pezet
Location: Poland

12 Jan 2019, 17:06

do you have statistics concerning the number of times a card has been sent in the game?
Ars longa, vita brevis :unsure:
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
Posts: 8744
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

12 Jan 2019, 17:45

pecelot wrote:do you have statistics concerning the number of times a card has been sent in the game?
No, but Eaglemut and Garja do.
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"♪We can ascend 'till we reach De La Heaven; and in a spin we'll hit the Top Ten♫"
"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
Germany Egoist
Crossbow
Posts: 3

30 Jan 2019, 08:04

I'll post some more ideas in the hope that this will have an impact of some sort. Scratch my previous suggestions, this is my final post.

- give Sioux a 6th villager (remove the random crate). Instead of giving them all this other stuff, 5 villager card etc and making them OP, why not do this instead? This would also make their age up time more reliable. They don't need any big buffs, just a smaller one.
- change the 4 mameluke shipment to 5 mamelukes again and move it to industrial age. This is the most elegant way of solving this problem. The card is a relic from the time when you could train mamelukes in age 3 in the saloon and it should not exist in this form. I thought about changing it to 6 mamelukes for 1000g comparable to the elmeti but I think the card would then be quite strong so it's worth considering that mamelukes are actually underpriced at 400g and should cost 500.
- make Silk Road a colonial age team card again that gives a 20% boost. Silk Road used to be OP back in the day and I think that being able to send it in age 1 makes it more busted that it has ever been in the past.
- make Indian houses cost the normal 100w to slow them down a bit, force more villagers onto wood.
- change the Spanish 5 lancer card to 4 lancers. Their FF is unnecessarily strong right now.
- change the Russian and Ottoman 5 cavalry archer card to 6 cavalry archers. I would like to see more of these and it might help them against cavalry.
- remove the ability to build boats or ships of any kind from the game altogether. Make water be just decoration or a natural obstacle. This will sound extreme but the way I see it there is nothing skillful or fun about this area of the game and it would help a lot in making the game more balanced.
- move the ability to build walls to the fortress age and move the HP upgrade to industrial age. This would also help balance Brits, Japs etc by giving the opponent a fair chance for a rush.
- fix the Golden Pavillion. You already nerfed it to 10% but apparently it operates based on the current stats and not on the base stats? If that's the case then it would be great if you would change that.
- reduce Daimyo and Shogun movement speed significantly to make hit&run "strategies" (=abuse) less viable. I think it's fair to make them more reliant on other units for protection.

My other suggestions that I still agree with:
- reduce the cost for team 4 urumi slightly to 500f
- make the Abus +2 range update for Guard Abus instead of the Veteran upgrade.
I would justify the higher cost of that upgrade and I think it's in industrial not fortress age when Abus start to fall behind a bit.
- increase to Ottoman faster settler production cost to 100w/200w/400w. Currently it is too cheap.
- change German "3SW + 2 uhlans" card to "3SWs + 1 uhlan"
- make Wallenstein's contract cost 2000g instead of 4000g
- reduce Indian wood trickle to 2.1w/sec instead of 2.35w/sec to weaken their economy slightly
- make "professional handlers" card reduce elephant population by 2 instead of 1.
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9730
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

30 Jan 2019, 10:25

Egoist wrote:I'll post some more ideas in the hope that this will have an impact of some sort. Scratch my previous suggestions, this is my final post.

- give Sioux a 6th villager (remove the random crate). Instead of giving them all this other stuff, 5 villager card etc and making them OP, why not do this instead? This would also make their age up time more reliable. They don't need any big buffs, just a smaller one.
- change the 4 mameluke shipment to 5 mamelukes again and move it to industrial age. This is the most elegant way of solving this problem. The card is a relic from the time when you could train mamelukes in age 3 in the saloon and it should not exist in this form. I thought about changing it to 6 mamelukes for 1000g comparable to the elmeti but I think the card would then be quite strong so it's worth considering that mamelukes are actually underpriced at 400g and should cost 500.
- make Silk Road a colonial age team card again that gives a 20% boost. Silk Road used to be OP back in the day and I think that being able to send it in age 1 makes it more busted that it has ever been in the past.
- make Indian houses cost the normal 100w to slow them down a bit, force more villagers onto wood.
- change the Spanish 5 lancer card to 4 lancers. Their FF is unnecessarily strong right now.
- change the Russian and Ottoman 5 cavalry archer card to 6 cavalry archers. I would like to see more of these and it might help them against cavalry.
- remove the ability to build boats or ships of any kind from the game altogether. Make water be just decoration or a natural obstacle. This will sound extreme but the way I see it there is nothing skillful or fun about this area of the game and it would help a lot in making the game more balanced.
- move the ability to build walls to the fortress age and move the HP upgrade to industrial age. This would also help balance Brits, Japs etc by giving the opponent a fair chance for a rush.
- fix the Golden Pavillion. You already nerfed it to 10% but apparently it operates based on the current stats and not on the base stats? If that's the case then it would be great if you would change that.
- reduce Daimyo and Shogun movement speed significantly to make hit&run "strategies" (=abuse) less viable. I think it's fair to make them more reliant on other units for protection.

My other suggestions that I still agree with:
- reduce the cost for team 4 urumi slightly to 500f
- make the Abus +2 range update for Guard Abus instead of the Veteran upgrade.
I would justify the higher cost of that upgrade and I think it's in industrial not fortress age when Abus start to fall behind a bit.
- increase to Ottoman faster settler production cost to 100w/200w/400w. Currently it is too cheap.
- change German "3SW + 2 uhlans" card to "3SWs + 1 uhlan"
- make Wallenstein's contract cost 2000g instead of 4000g
- reduce Indian wood trickle to 2.1w/sec instead of 2.35w/sec to weaken their economy slightly
- make "professional handlers" card reduce elephant population by 2 instead of 1.

1) Why not, I'm all for these small changes, but apparently that is not the current EP policy.
2) It's a merc shipment so it makes sense to have it in age3. It would suck in industrial.
3) Silk Road has never been op, and it's bad right now.
4) This house change makes a lot of change, but apparently the EP policy is to change the game instead of reverting buffs.
5) The spain FF is fine, not good or bad, just balanced.
6) You still wouldn't see CAs and it's a random buff.
7) Yea lol, standardize the game, remove water, then remove Otto and then all the units but skirm/goon.
8) Japan is already weak, why would you nerf them? Also brit can just hold without walls. You just want to remove the things you dont like.

I won't bother to explain why your other suggestions aren't a good solution because they're either useless or bad.
User avatar
Finland somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 2601

30 Jan 2019, 17:12

#bufffort
(building speed), its too risky
Co-Founder of Somali Kabuli Gaming
Homo management SKG
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
Posts: 8744
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

01 Feb 2019, 18:11

Egoist wrote:I'll post some more ideas in the hope that this will have an impact of some sort. Scratch my previous suggestions, this is my final post.

- give Sioux a 6th villager (remove the random crate). Instead of giving them all this other stuff, 5 villager card etc and making them OP, why not do this instead? This would also make their age up time more reliable. They don't need any big buffs, just a smaller one.
- change the 4 mameluke shipment to 5 mamelukes again and move it to industrial age. This is the most elegant way of solving this problem. The card is a relic from the time when you could train mamelukes in age 3 in the saloon and it should not exist in this form. I thought about changing it to 6 mamelukes for 1000g comparable to the elmeti but I think the card would then be quite strong so it's worth considering that mamelukes are actually underpriced at 400g and should cost 500.
- make Silk Road a colonial age team card again that gives a 20% boost. Silk Road used to be OP back in the day and I think that being able to send it in age 1 makes it more busted that it has ever been in the past.
- make Indian houses cost the normal 100w to slow them down a bit, force more villagers onto wood.
- change the Spanish 5 lancer card to 4 lancers. Their FF is unnecessarily strong right now.
- change the Russian and Ottoman 5 cavalry archer card to 6 cavalry archers. I would like to see more of these and it might help them against cavalry.
- remove the ability to build boats or ships of any kind from the game altogether. Make water be just decoration or a natural obstacle. This will sound extreme but the way I see it there is nothing skillful or fun about this area of the game and it would help a lot in making the game more balanced.
- move the ability to build walls to the fortress age and move the HP upgrade to industrial age. This would also help balance Brits, Japs etc by giving the opponent a fair chance for a rush.
- fix the Golden Pavillion. You already nerfed it to 10% but apparently it operates based on the current stats and not on the base stats? If that's the case then it would be great if you would change that.
- reduce Daimyo and Shogun movement speed significantly to make hit&run "strategies" (=abuse) less viable. I think it's fair to make them more reliant on other units for protection.

My other suggestions that I still agree with:
- reduce the cost for team 4 urumi slightly to 500f
- make the Abus +2 range update for Guard Abus instead of the Veteran upgrade.
I would justify the higher cost of that upgrade and I think it's in industrial not fortress age when Abus start to fall behind a bit.
- increase to Ottoman faster settler production cost to 100w/200w/400w. Currently it is too cheap.
- change German "3SW + 2 uhlans" card to "3SWs + 1 uhlan"
- make Wallenstein's contract cost 2000g instead of 4000g
- reduce Indian wood trickle to 2.1w/sec instead of 2.35w/sec to weaken their economy slightly
- make "professional handlers" card reduce elephant population by 2 instead of 1.
Most of these suggestion don't make much sense, to me. I don't have much to add to my earlier post, though. I like buffing the Cavalry Archer shipments, and more or less nerfing Daimyo & Shogun speed. Potentially, in the future, that is.
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"♪We can ascend 'till we reach De La Heaven; and in a spin we'll hit the Top Ten♫"
"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
User avatar
Germany Scroogie
Skirmisher
Posts: 154
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

15 Feb 2019, 11:36

What about giving the Arsenal more viability? Like reducing the cost and giving it more, cheaper and more useful upgrades. I've also seen someone suggest Advanced Arsenal could give an Arsenal Wagon and reduce costs even further. I think that would add a fun "boomy" mechanic in age3 where you have to be attentive whether your opponent is investing a lot in Arsenal upgrades and whether you should push now or also tech up, or even go Industrial.
RN Fortress is just massing units and pushing resource locations, this could give more interesting timings for the later stages of the game.
Stuck at PR20. Pick up lvl10 HC India Sepoy rush = winstreak.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7720
ESO: Garja

02 Mar 2019, 14:55

Can we get to seriously fix Sioux and Ports before the big tourney starts?
Patch balance is overall pretty good despite some arguable spots, but Sioux and to some extent Ports have this amatorial cut to it that makes the patch non consistent and not 100% competitive.
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 3570
ESO: n0eL

02 Mar 2019, 18:04

Garja wrote:Can we get to seriously fix Sioux and Ports before the big tourney starts?
Patch balance is overall pretty good despite some arguable spots, but Sioux and to some extent Ports have this amatorial cut to it that makes the patch non consistent and not 100% competitive.

What is wrong with Sioux?
SirCallen wrote:Just drink the beer as it is, you hipsters.
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01
Posts: 6179

02 Mar 2019, 18:04

age up bonus teepees is my educated guess
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7720
ESO: Garja

02 Mar 2019, 19:48

n0el wrote:
Garja wrote:Can we get to seriously fix Sioux and Ports before the big tourney starts?
Patch balance is overall pretty good despite some arguable spots, but Sioux and to some extent Ports have this amatorial cut to it that makes the patch non consistent and not 100% competitive.

What is wrong with Sioux?

Questionable eco boost.
A card has been completely deleted (the one that allows infantry to build teepees and stuff).
War chief has weird RR now.
It's just bad design and balance atm.
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8
Posts: 4198
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

02 Mar 2019, 20:36

I think infantry being allowed to construct Teepees is totally acceptable, and the card still enables them to construct warhuts and corrals.

But yeah, teepees just need to be reverted at some point and some alternative sought out instead--it clearly hasn't worked as intended.
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3520
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

02 Mar 2019, 20:40

Mitoe wrote:the card still enables them to construct warhuts and corrals.

The card was completely reworked; it activates increased gather aura instead.
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7720
ESO: Garja

02 Mar 2019, 20:43

Mitoe wrote:I think infantry being allowed to construct Teepees is totally acceptable, and the card still enables them to construct warhuts and corrals.

But yeah, teepees just need to be reverted at some point and some alternative sought out instead--it clearly hasn't worked as intended.

That is the less arguable mistake, frankly. In the sense that it is plain and simply a mistake. Not only is pretty impactful on balance but also it's completely rookie design. There is a card explicitly dedicated to that mechanic and we are bypassing it for the sake of I don't know what.

Actually the WC is pretty dumb and obvious mistake too.

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Mitoe wrote:the card still enables them to construct warhuts and corrals.

The card was completely reworked; it activates increased gather aura instead.

And ye lol, a card with a completely random different effect and nonsense graphics now.
User avatar
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah
Posts: 1340
ESO: Anonymous_01
Location: United States

23 Mar 2019, 14:44

Seminole TP upgrade (+25% archer attack) should be nerfed a bit.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01
Posts: 6179

23 Mar 2019, 17:41

nah 37 att yumi in age 3 is legit
User avatar
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
Posts: 471
ESO: Mameluké
Location: Gym

16 Jul 2019, 18:40

Where can I see the civ differences - a list or something - between ESOC Patch and RE Patch? I really need to know this because I switch often between these patches. Thank you in advance!
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3520
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

16 Jul 2019, 18:46

Mameluke wrote:Where can I see the civ differences - a list or something - between ESOC Patch and RE Patch? I really need to know this because I switch often between these patches. Thank you in advance!

https://wiki.eso-community.net/ESOC_Patch/Version_history#Combined_changes_compared_to_official_RE_patch_.E2.80.94_TAD_1.03
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7720
ESO: Garja

24 Aug 2019, 17:51

May want to prompt a pause when the game is restored from savegame.
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
Posts: 7536
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

24 Aug 2019, 17:52

Yeah definitely
sirmusket: https://imgur.com/phZoCw6
sirmusket: compare that to ur piece of shit face/height
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
Posts: 1291
ESO: gamevideo113

30 Aug 2019, 10:35

Wouldn’t expanding the mosque xp trickle to all civs and not just otto help in solving a lot of issues with civs on no TP maps?
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019

Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
United States of America charlemango
Musketeer
Posts: 75
ESO: 2ndLastKnight

30 Aug 2019, 23:39

Just wondering, is it possible to implement a random civ choice for players? I know AIs have "Random Personality" option. Imagine the awesome series we could have with random matchups.
User avatar
Singapore Thrar
ESOC Dev Team
Posts: 71
ESO: Thrar

31 Aug 2019, 00:41

I don't see how that would lead to awesome series.

You'd get players forced into civs they're unfamiliar with, executing subpar builds, in matchups and maps where one civ might be strongly favored over another. Seeing one player luck into a civ they're strong with and smash their opponent who ended up with a civ they never play doesn't sound too exciting to me.
No Flag almalek
Skirmisher
Posts: 153

31 Aug 2019, 01:35

more, or I may add suggestion later.
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 8061
ESO: SirCallen
Location: Midwest best west

31 Aug 2019, 02:54

Thrar wrote:I don't see how that would lead to awesome series.

You'd get players forced into civs they're unfamiliar with, executing subpar builds, in matchups and maps where one civ might be strongly favored over another. Seeing one player luck into a civ they're strong with and smash their opponent who ended up with a civ they never play doesn't sound too exciting to me.

Sounds more fun than a BO11 brit v china static MU.
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Patch Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests