No Flag packers24
Crossbow
Posts: 28

01 Nov 2015, 14:33

Looking at ESO last night and today, there is about 30-40 active lobbies, and only 5 of them are on the fanpatch. Why do you think it is not being downloaded?

Just some feedback I heard in a lobby' they did not want to download it because it was mainly geared towards 1v1, and they only play team games. Do you think this is true?
User avatar
United States of America musketeer925
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2010
ESO: musketeer925
GameRanger ID: 451878

01 Nov 2015, 14:49

While it is true that some of the maps are not yet compatible with team games, we are doing our best to get them all working, and it's easy to use the "Team Maps" map set to play if you're playing a team game.

The more the community responds that they would like some balance changes to fix team games, the more we would be able to invest in it, so encourage them to check it out, and let us know on the forum that they'd like to see something different to make it more appealing for team players.

It's a community patch and we're always open to suggestions from the community.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 14237
ESO: Jerom_

01 Nov 2015, 15:00

Let's just "interview" some lower level players and get the conversation going.
User avatar
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah
Posts: 1845

01 Nov 2015, 19:50

packers24 wrote:Looking at ESO last night and today, there is about 30-40 active lobbies, and only 5 of them are on the fanpatch. ?Why do you think it is not being downloaded?

Just some feedback I heard in a lobby' they did not want to download it because it was mainly geared towards 1v1, and they only play team games. ?Do you think this is true?

it is probably mostly downloaded by high level players most of which mostly play qs.
User avatar
France iNcog
Gendarme
Posts: 9239
ESO: status = SAVED!!1²
Location: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

01 Nov 2015, 20:01

packers24 wrote:Looking at ESO last night and today, there is about 30-40 active lobbies, and only 5 of them are on the fanpatch. Why do you think it is not being downloaded?

Just some feedback I heard in a lobby' they did not want to download it because it was mainly geared towards 1v1, and they only play team games. Do you think this is true?


Remember that people who are in game do not show up in the lobby screen. ^_^
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
User avatar
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
Posts: 740
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf
Location: GRAND LINE

01 Nov 2015, 21:07

Is there any info about how much people downloaded the LAUNCHER ?
No Flag v1pus
Skirmisher
Posts: 168

02 Nov 2015, 09:55

Yeah team games ftw!
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
Posts: 8596
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

02 Nov 2015, 11:38

packers24 wrote:Looking at ESO last night and today, there is about 30-40 active lobbies, and only 5 of them are on the fanpatch. Why do you think it is not being downloaded?

Just some feedback I heard in a lobby' they did not want to download it because it was mainly geared towards 1v1, and they only play team games. Do you think this is true?
It is true that its primary focus is 1vs1 balance. However, the patch most certainly aims to also improve team balance.

The patch has also been suffering technical difficulties from launch which our modding team is working hard to resolve.
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"In general you shouldnt say gg before clicking resign IMO"

"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
User avatar
United States of America _H2O
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
Posts: 3262

02 Nov 2015, 15:02

It takes everyone who wants the fanpatch to be successful not going back to RE and playing games. Need people in the mid ranks to encourage others to play on FP.

Its not really a matter of quality of the patch its more about marketing and the user's helping out on that front.

It takes extra effort to play on the patch, and you have to know it exists, and you have to deal with the fact that RE is the default patch.
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
Posts: 8596
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

02 Nov 2015, 15:09

h2o wrote:It takes everyone who wants the fanpatch to be successful not going back to RE and playing games. Need people in the mid ranks to encourage others to play on FP.

Its not really a matter of quality of the patch its more about marketing and the user''s helping out on that front.

It takes extra effort to play on the patch, and you have to know it exists, and you have to deal with the fact that RE is the default patch.
Hopefully what you mean to say is the quality of the patch is definitely good enough already, rather than it not being of importance.
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"In general you shouldnt say gg before clicking resign IMO"

"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 14237
ESO: Jerom_

02 Nov 2015, 15:51

h2o wrote:It takes everyone who wants the fanpatch to be successful not going back to RE and playing games. Need people in the mid ranks to encourage others to play on FP.

Its not really a matter of quality of the patch its more about marketing and the user''s helping out on that front.

It takes extra effort to play on the patch, and you have to know it exists, and you have to deal with the fact that RE is the default patch.
I am pretty sure we will barely reach the 1st lts then, its just the nature of the people at those ranks unfortunately.

Ive been trying to spend a few hours joining 1st/2nd lt lobbies and telling them about the patch. Not sure how influential it is though.
No Flag stevelance
Musketeer
Posts: 56

02 Nov 2015, 16:15

Well I can't get it to work so I can't do it as well as many other more than likely.
No Flag musketjr
Lancer
Posts: 624

02 Nov 2015, 16:19

packers24 wrote:Looking at ESO last night and today, there is about 30-40 active lobbies, and only 5 of them are on the fanpatch. Why do you think it is not being downloaded?

Just some feedback I heard in a lobby' they did not want to download it because it was mainly geared towards 1v1, and they only play team games. Do you think this is true?
Definitely not true. As a team player there are barely any maps on RE which are balanced. On the FP there is a whole set of maps which are playable, and new, so it''s better and more interesting.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 14237
ESO: Jerom_

03 Nov 2015, 01:42

But it does mostly care about the 1v1 balance.
User avatar
United States of America noissance
Howdah
Donator 01
Posts: 1949
ESO: n0issance
Location: United States

03 Nov 2015, 01:43

jerom wrote:Let''s just "interview" some lower level players and get the conversation going.


Im lower level, around corp- sgt. Interview me.
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag hi1221
Crossbow
Posts: 9

03 Nov 2015, 04:20

Mac support would garner more people.
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 8853
Location: USA

03 Nov 2015, 04:28

musketjr wrote:
packers24 wrote:Looking at ESO last night and today, there is about 30-40 active lobbies, and only 5 of them are on the fanpatch. Why do you think it is not being downloaded?

Just some feedback I heard in a lobby' they did not want to download it because it was mainly geared towards 1v1, and they only play team games. Do you think this is true?
Definitely not true. As a team player there are barely any maps on RE which are balanced. On the FP there is a whole set of maps which are playable, and new, so its better and more interesting.
This is true, but not relevant for the average 2nd lt team player. He only plays deccan, makes mills rather than moving onto the plateua, and makes 3 layers of walls on each choke. If anything, he wont want the fp because it will mean he has to make double the walls stop the late game japan, french, russia player seiging down his walls and raping his vills. Theres just no reason why a lower level player would want the fp unless if means its easier for him to get games. Most 2nd lts consider japan and soiux to be the op civs, which werent really touched in the fp.
User avatar
France iNcog
Gendarme
Posts: 9239
ESO: status = SAVED!!1²
Location: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

03 Nov 2015, 08:03

You can host a rated game on Deccan though on the EP.

Late game is something is imbalanced for sure but it'd be unrealistic to try to balance that (and against civilization design). Similarly, Japan and Sioux aren't OP civs (in team that's another story but you now have Ports and Dutch in there as well) so can't justify nerfing them.

I don't think that low level acceptance is due to the actual game changes (which were minimalistic), it's that people of those level have a hard time finding games. Though that's kind of UNDER Pr25, I've had lots of 1st Lt join my games.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
User avatar
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer
Posts: 617

03 Nov 2015, 08:21

I'm pr20 and I've tried finding games with the FP to limited success. I think most people around my pr prefer team games. I've told some people about the FP, and some of the changes, but it's just not that interesting to your run of the mill pr 17-23 guy. Port and Dutch changes are probably the biggest, if that tells you anything. I've gotten some people saying "did they change japan lame shrines" or "did they nerf france instant gends", which tells you something about the "3v3 deccan" players' meta/what they care about.

I've also been hesitant to join 1v1s (even nr) 1st lieut and above. I just assume that most of those players wouldn't want to play vs a pr 20 and I get kicked quite often, although I currently beat people around my own rank at a 70% rate http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/pla ... age3ySP1v1.

I've noticed that there's a magical PR barrier at the 1st lieut level. At almost every other PR, players can generally expect to be able to join games of one name-rank above and below them (i.e. serg/ms/2nd lieut is what an MS could join). But 1st lieuts regularly kick 2nd lieuts like me unless they specifically know me. /rant
Netherlands irr3alist
Dragoon
Donator 05
Posts: 200

03 Nov 2015, 08:36

[ul type="disc"][li]You can't create a niche product aimed at a specific elite segment and then at market entry try to retro-actively market it to "the masses", whom you didnt even researched.
[/li][/ul]

[ul type="disc"][li]Don't try to reinvent the wheel -->' look at aoe2 1.0e patch introduction -->' it takes a long time[/li][/ul]

[ul type="disc"][li]If u want larger masses to play -->' include them into community
[/li][/ul]

But... why really bother? You made a patch for high level players. It turned out very well so keep playing it in tournaments.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer
Posts: 874

03 Nov 2015, 08:59

Everything irrealist said is true. The state of aoe3 is frankly pathetic. Its like an old wound that has become a maggoty sore. These upper elite think they are the only players in the world, and can bash anyone they want on the forum.. That when they are a miniscule percentage of people who play/have played aoe3 and they have focused on very barrow play. all they do is play their silly tournement maps and do the same bos. I do enjoy watching and learning tips from so called pro games( there really are no professional statuses associated with aoe3 obviously) they are pathetically narrow minded, and i have always said that i would never want to be above MS/2cnd lieutenit for these reasons


Personally, when i heard about fp release i uninstalled the game, abd will probably never play it again

My reccomendation is the following. Why dont all the hotshot computer guys who did fp find more of their own, and get together to make aoe4 something that people/ the world really cares about. Aoe3 was borderline flop from the getgo and you can telll they released an incomplete game, but now its a decade too late for FP.

Oh and yea the thing is this is a game. Ever since FP people have HC bugs half the time. All anyone really cares about is logging on and finding a quick game. Now thays even harder due to the HC bug FP is making everyone on the server have
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer
Posts: 874

03 Nov 2015, 09:13

gibson wrote:
musketjr wrote:Definitely not true. As a team player there are barely any maps on RE which are balanced. On the FP there is a whole set of maps which are playable, and new, so its better and more interesting.
This is true, but not relevant for the average 2nd lt team player. He only plays deccan, makes mills rather than moving onto the plateua, and makes 3 layers of walls on each choke. If anything, he wont want the fp because it will mean he has to make double the walls stop the late game japan, french, russia player seiging down his walls and raping his vills. ?Theres just no reason why a lower level player would want the fp unless if means its easier for him to get games. Most 2nd lts consider japan and soiux to be the op civs, which werent really touched in the fp.?

btw ur a tard as usual even privates move onto the plateau ...source: about 1 thousand more games recently at that level on that map than u
User avatar
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer
Posts: 617

03 Nov 2015, 09:27

adderbrain5 wrote:Everything irrealist said is true. The state of aoe3 is frankly pathetic. Its like an old wound that has become a maggoty sore. These upper elite think they are the only players in the world, and can bash anyone they want on the forum.. That when they are a miniscule percentage of people who play/have played aoe3 and they have focused on very barrow play. all they do is play their silly tournement maps and do the same bos. I do enjoy watching and learning tips from so called pro games( there really are no professional statuses associated with aoe3 obviously) they are pathetically narrow minded, and i have always said that i would never want to be above MS/2cnd lieutenit for these reasons


Personally, when i heard about fp release i uninstalled the game, abd will probably never play it again

My reccomendation is the following. Why dont all the hotshot computer guys who did fp find more of their own, and get together to make aoe4 something that people/ the world really cares about. Aoe3 was borderline flop from the getgo and you can telll they released an incomplete game, but now its a decade too late for FP.

Oh and yea the thing is this is a game. Ever since FP people have HC bugs half the time. All anyone really cares about is logging on and finding a quick game. Now thays even harder due to the HC bug FP is making everyone on the server have
Find help lol. If you care that much about what top players think of you, you won''t be long for this world. And when you post something about game strategy like it''s a fact, and top players call you out on why it''s wrong, there''s nothing wrong with that. I find that top players are rather accepting of lower level people like you and me so long as you realize how little you really understand about the game, and just ask for advice, because their advice is just about the best you''ll find anywhere. If you don''t like it, you''re always free to leave you know.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer
Posts: 874

03 Nov 2015, 09:41

lesllamas wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:Everything irrealist said is true. The state of aoe3 is frankly pathetic. Its like an old wound that has become a maggoty sore. These upper elite think they are the only players in the world, and can bash anyone they want on the forum.. That when they are a miniscule percentage of people who play/have played aoe3 and they have focused on very barrow play. all they do is play their silly tournement maps and do the same bos. I do enjoy watching and learning tips from so called pro games( there really are no professional statuses associated with aoe3 obviously) they are pathetically narrow minded, and i have always said that i would never want to be above MS/2cnd lieutenit for these reasons


Personally, when i heard about fp release i uninstalled the game, abd will probably never play it again

My reccomendation is the following. Why dont all the hotshot computer guys who did fp find more of their own, and get together to make aoe4 something that people/ the world really cares about. Aoe3 was borderline flop from the getgo and you can telll they released an incomplete game, but now its a decade too late for FP.

Oh and yea the thing is this is a game. Ever since FP people have HC bugs half the time. All anyone really cares about is logging on and finding a quick game. Now thays even harder due to the HC bug FP is making everyone on the server have
Find help lol. ?If you care that much about what top players think of you, you wont be long for this world. ?And when you post something about game strategy like its a fact, and top players call you out on why its wrong, theres nothing wrong with that. ?I find that top players are rather accepting of lower level people like you and me so long as you realize how little you really understand about the game, and just ask for advice, because their advice is just about the best youll find anywhere. ?If you dont like it, youre always free to leave you know.

the thing i really hate most is the blatantly ridiculous misunderstandings of my posts. I cant telll if ppl like u rn are trolling me? The pros really thought they could save the day for aoe 3 with a fp? Come on. Save the day by makong aoe4. Fp is for upper lvl players tourn play thts it, and for their clicque to hog up more pr now that their illegal gsmes. Are rated.

Anyway as i always say i enjoy tourn play its just not really what aoe3 is, its more like a funny scen.

I dont need an invitation to leave I havent really played seriously since i was pounding out my medals. That was sort of my way of saying goodbyes since the tourn dont give trophies xd
User avatar
Great Britain samwise12
Dragoon
Summer 2015 winner
Posts: 455

03 Nov 2015, 10:08

adderbrain5 wrote:
lesllamas wrote:Find help lol. If you care that much about what top players think of you, you wont be long for this world. And when you post something about game strategy like its a fact, and top players call you out on why its wrong, theres nothing wrong with that. I find that top players are rather accepting of lower level people like you and me so long as you realize how little you really understand about the game, and just ask for advice, because their advice is just about the best youll find anywhere. If you dont like it, youre always free to leave you know.
the thing i really hate most is the blatantly ridiculous misunderstandings of my posts. I cant telll if ppl like u rn are trolling me? The pros really thought they could save the day for aoe 3 with a fp? Come on. Save the day by makong aoe4. Fp is for upper lvl players tourn play thts it, and for their clicque to hog up more pr now that their illegal gsmes. Are rated.

Anyway as i always say i enjoy tourn play its just not really what aoe3 is, its more like a funny scen.

I dont need an invitation to leave I havent really played seriously since i was pounding out my medals. That was sort of my way of saying goodbyes since the tourn dont give trophies xd

The idea of the FANPATCH, is to create a balanced patch for players of all ranks to play on and enjoy. This is the first release of the patch which hardly addressed balance, its was more to create a better map pool for ranked play and stop the cheating. Please keep in mind that ESOC intend to have many more patches for the EP and eventually address every issue with the game.

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Patch Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest