Making the royal guard units having 10% better stats while costing 10% more in colonial

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Making the royal guard units having 10% better stats while costing 10% more in colonial

Post by thebritish »

This way those royal guard units who you can get only in age 4 which is irrelevant to supremacy (it becomes treaty), should be stronger in colonial while being more expensive, so other civs who dont have royal guard units, wont fight with normal units.
-This will for atleast give "top players" a real reason to say french doesnt have musks in age 2 to fight vs brits, but has musks to fight with musk/huss combo..

Also, 10% better units wont change anything in age 4 for those civs who have musks, because most of the civs have skirms (and those skirms are royal guard).
So, if the civs who have royal guard units wont get better units overall for age 2, they should get the units for age 4.
20% stronger instead of 10% while costing 10% more...
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: Making the royal guard units having 10% better stats while costing 10% more in colonial

Post by zoom »

I like this from a design POV, but it's a balancing nightmare and doesn't really accomplish anything. Civilizations like British would benefit more than French, for instance.
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Re: Making the royal guard units having 10% better stats while costing 10% more in colonial

Post by Nymphomaniac »

zoom wrote:Civilizations like British would benefit more than French, for instance.

why do u think "thebritish" is suggesting it? #bufflongbows
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

that change is simply too big to implement if it's even good at all.
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

Yeah I don't think this would be the right change to make, but I do think the whole "royal guard" concept could be tweaked. I don't play asian civs or TWC civs often, so I may be wrong here, but isn't the Royal Guard thing only applicable to euro civs? I think it would be a nice quality of life tweak to split the industrial buff into "guard" (600/600) and "royal guard" (400/400), so that civs with those units have the option whether or not to sink all 1k/1k resources in at once, or if they just want to buy the 600/600 upgrade. I think it would be a small change that would hardly impact balance.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Royal up is too expensive, so I like the idea of decreasing their up cost to 600/600 like normal guard ups do

its would relieve Spain and Germany for age4 as their main units are in category of royal guard
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Obviously some civs have better royal guard units than others so it would unnecessarily change balance. For example it would do nothing for ottomans and be a huge boost to brit but currently otto doesn't need a nerf nor does brit need a buff.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:Obviously some civs have better royal guard units than others so it would unnecessarily change balance. For example it would do nothing for ottomans and be a huge boost to brit but currently otto doesn't need a nerf nor does brit need a buff.

musk/huss just isnt viable in age 4.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

zoom wrote:I like this from a design POV, but it's a balancing nightmare and doesn't really accomplish anything. Civilizations like British would benefit more than French, for instance.

Thats the whole point for this.
Brits should have advantage vs French if French decides to go for musk/huss combo by having better units.
-Also, this would give a chance for those civs who have royal guard musks, but can't and shouldn't (as "top players" say) use them vs india, japan, otto..
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

gibson wrote:Maybe no

You didnt finish your post and explain why not..
-I am waiting for explanation..
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:Obviously some civs have better royal guard units than others so it would unnecessarily change balance. For example it would do nothing for ottomans and be a huge boost to brit but currently otto doesn't need a nerf nor does brit need a buff.

Otto will get 20% boost for huss which brits will get too...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

thebritish wrote:

zoo's concerns mirror mine
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

gibson wrote:
thebritish wrote:

What he said isnt really a real reason.
-he just doesnt want anything changed.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

thebritish wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

What he said isnt really a real reason.
-he just doesnt want anything changed.

Besides the fact that it would be a balance nightmare and there's no real reason to do it than yea
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

No reason to make this change. Units get royal upgrades in Industrial. The only change I could see would be to make cost changes since 800 res for a 10% hp and attack upgrade is a bit much.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

1) the change seems to move from your interest to buff brits, like pretty much everything you talk about
2) royal ups are in industrial because by that stage you have unlocked all the units
3) royal guard up is still very relevant in supremacy games
4) musketeers are actually viable again in age4, cuz in age4 it's more about trading units for eco rather than winning big battles
5) most importantly, royal guard ups are fine as they are
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Eh?
Royal ups are very relevant in supremacy?
Musk are viable in age 4?
Rofl...
I agree that thebritish only wants brit to be buffed and that his change is stupid tho.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

But it's kind of disgusting that you can upgrade ashigarus & sepoys to guard with 1200 resources while brit redcoats require 2000 res. It's way too expensive. However the buff part is nonsense.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Did you knew that french and german skirms also have royal guard upgrade?
-well, now you do..
-Also, whats the point if you make 50 musks and 25 huss while you opponent makes 70 voltigeurs with 306 HP and 30% which is more Ranged health than a fully upped musk and 3x vs infantry which comes to over 100 ranged attack?
-And he can also make 25 dragoons to deal with any cav threat whatsoever..

Also, i doubt there is any way to play with brits vs any asian civ..
japan and india have better musks, china has OP counters...

-Ports have royal guard musks, but they also have cassadors for HI or vs other ranged infantry , and they have the best goons in the game vs cav..
-Also, musk/huss combo doesnt work in age 4 and onwards because then its all about ranged units, not hand units. Only viable hand units are those with area attack (cuirs), or fast hand infantry with around 5.0 speed and area attack...
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Mimsy for President wrote:And longbowmen is the answer.

No, just make the royal guard upgrade to give 20% more attack and HP while increasing the units cost for 10%
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

thebritish wrote:

i mean if you got a boost to royal guard units in age 2 like you were suggesting
thebritish wrote:

again see the previous post
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Just give Brits nukes. Then they are balanced.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:
thebritish wrote:

i mean if you got a boost to royal guard units in age 2 like you were suggesting
thebritish wrote:

again see the previous post

You would got boost in age 2.
You would had musks which are 10% more expensive than normal musks who doesnt have royal guard upgrade while costing 10% more (some sort of sepoys in british/port costume).
Same for hussars/rodeleros/pikes(for spanish)