Making the royal guard units having 10% better stats while costing 10% more in colonial

United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Re: Making the royal guard units having 10% better stats while costing 10% more in colonial

Post by iCourt »

So then Russia's Royal Gaurd units are effected how???
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Re: Making the royal guard units having 10% better stats while costing 10% more in colonial

Post by thebritish »

iCourt wrote:So then Russia's Royal Gaurd units are effected how???

They will get 10% more attack and HP while costing 10% more resources (same for all other civs who have royal guard units).
-Or maybe you can make russia get 10% mroe attack and HP while their unit's cost is increased by 8% instead of 10% (they have cheap cost effective units)..
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

So you're going to give Russia a buffed grenadier in Colonial and British stronger muskets. Gee, thanks.

There is no way that Royal upgrades are changing though. So it's a mute point.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

iCourt wrote:So you're going to give Russia a buffed grenadier in Colonial and British stronger muskets. Gee, thanks.

There is no way that Royal upgrades are changing though. So it's a mute point.

i doubt russia is going to do grenadier rush which costs 132 food and 88 gold :-O
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

I doubt anyone would seriously consider this change. :-O

Again Royal upgrades are fine as is. There is no reason to change them.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Also, ports will get stronger musks which can somehow fix their colonial play..
-Btw, players (we) suggest changes, the developers make them no questions asked instead of the other way round..
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

thebritish wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:
Show hidden quotes

i mean if you got a boost to royal guard units in age 2 like you were suggesting
Show hidden quotes

again see the previous post

You would got boost in age 2.
You would had musks which are 10% more expensive than normal musks who doesnt have royal guard upgrade while costing 10% more (some sort of sepoys in british/port costume).
Same for hussars/rodeleros/pikes(for spanish)

If brit got musks that cost 10% more and were 10% better in age 2, brit would probably be the best civ in the game.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

thebritish wrote:-Btw, players (we) suggest changes, the developers make them no questions asked instead of the other way round..

Lol. Just lol...
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

@britishmusketeer, now they are worst civ in the game..
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

deleted_user wrote:Brits best civ now woo

lol, how?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Both their musk and their Huss are guard units, so in age 2 or will already act as if both upgrade cards are in from the get go. And they have the Eco to support it. And with the upgrade cards in you're looking at units better than veteran in colonial.

You could fight almost any civ age 3.

This would never be balanced and is too drastic a change.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

deleted_user wrote:Both their musk and their Huss are guard units, so in age 2 or will already act as if both upgrade cards are in from the get go. And they have the Eco to support it. And with the upgrade cards in you're looking at units better than veteran in colonial.

You could fight almost any civ age 3.

This would never be balanced and is too drastic a change.

Units will also cost 10% more more. dont forget that.
Also, you cant send upgrade cards (4 cards) very early, so your point shrinks in the water..
No Flag S_I_D_aoe3
Crossbow

Post by S_I_D_aoe3 »

lol yeah this just isn't a good idea. British would be too good. British musk are already good with the colonial cards that they have and then adding 10% more atk and hp with 10% increase in cost. Your not going to convince anyone on this.
LP-33
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

S_I_D_aoe3 wrote:lol yeah this just isn't a good idea. British would be too good. British musk are already good with the colonial cards that they have and then adding 10% more atk and hp with 10% increase in cost. Your not going to convince anyone on this.

I can use sepoys and you can use musks to test this if you want...
-I will tell you what will happen:
-Before you send your 2 upgrade cards, i would have already won the game..
No Flag S_I_D_aoe3
Crossbow

Post by S_I_D_aoe3 »

thebritish wrote:
S_I_D_aoe3 wrote:lol yeah this just isn't a good idea. British would be too good. British musk are already good with the colonial cards that they have and then adding 10% more atk and hp with 10% increase in cost. Your not going to convince anyone on this.

And so you wanna beef up musk to be able to beat sepoy? British can already play vs India fine. Don't have to boost everything to fit your needs. I think it's great to think of different ideas but this one just isn't practical.
LP-33
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

S_I_D_aoe3 wrote:
thebritish wrote:

And so you wanna beef up musk to be able to beat sepoy? British can already play vs India fine. Don't have to boost everything to fit your needs. I think it's great to think of different ideas but this one just isn't practical.

I dont even doubt now that you are blind...
-Didnt you read that it will buff all royal guard units (port musks also), and increase their cost...
-British musks will become as costly as sepoys, but slightly weaker before the cards, and when the cards will be sent, they will be better in ranged mode, but its not like india cant send musks from consulate (it also gives 10% more HP to land units), use gurkha, send the card for bigger hand attack on units and melee musks with sepoys..
No Flag S_I_D_aoe3
Crossbow

Post by S_I_D_aoe3 »

thebritish wrote:
S_I_D_aoe3 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I dont even doubt now that you are blind...
-Didnt you read that it will buff all royal guard units (port musks also), and increase their cost...
-British musks will become as costly as sepoys, but slightly weaker before the cards, and when the cards will be sent, they will be better in ranged mode, but its not like india cant send musks from consulate (it also gives 10% more HP to land units), use gurkha, send the card for bigger hand attack on units and melee musks with sepoys..

I did read what you said and it's irrelevant. What other civ would be able to get royal guard musk unit like the British? The ports can't train nearly the same amount of musk as the British can age 2, India getting 6 musk like that doesn't even matter when they have so many more sepoy or whatever your composition is. Why are you even talking about India when they hardly get effected, doesn't help whatsoever to prove your point. France will have an even harder time vs British along with many other civs. British are already a strong civ and this will only boost them even more. The Royal guard system is fine the way it is, no reason to change something that's not broken.
LP-33
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Well, thats the fucking point of what i suggested...
-France should not have advantage over brits because they dont have royal guard units (they should make skirm/goon as usual).
-Also, due to the reason that you dont know that ports have royal guard musks, i am gonna ignore you posts.

Come back in a few months when you will have 1000+ made on the forum...
No Flag S_I_D_aoe3
Crossbow

Post by S_I_D_aoe3 »

thebritish wrote:Well, thats the fucking point of what i suggested...
-France should not have advantage over brits because they dont have royal guard units (they should make skirm/goon as usual).
-Also, due to the reason that you dont know that ports have royal guard musks, i am gonna ignore you posts.

Did you not read what I even typed? Clearly the ports have royal guard muskets but they can not train muskets like the British can so it doesn't even matter since ports usually always tend to go fortress for goons and cass, Ports never fight in age 2.That's the point I was trying to get across. France does not have advantage over the British. British are in favor in that mu pretty much every time except on a shit hunt map. I had my account on here even before you did but it wiped somehow from switching the servers I guess.
LP-33
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

S_I_D_aoe3 wrote:
thebritish wrote:Well, thats the fucking point of what i suggested...

Did you not read what I even typed? Clearly the ports have royal guard muskets but they can not train muskets like the British can so it doesn't even matter since ports usually always tend to go fortress for goons and cass, Ports never fight in age 2.That's the point I was trying to get across. France does not have advantage over the British. British are in favor in that mu pretty much every time except on a shit hunt map. I had my account on here even before you did but it wiped somehow from switching the servers I guess.

LOL
-Please reread what you just wrote
No Flag S_I_D_aoe3
Crossbow

Post by S_I_D_aoe3 »

Sorry :P typing on phone. . . You get the jist and don't have to be such a dick in trying to argue your point. Royal musket units are fine the way they are, no need to change them whatsoever. What's even your username bc thebritish doesn't come up on the ELO Ladders.
LP-33
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

It seems thebritish discovered the "-" sign today and has resorted to (ab)using it lol.

The idea is kinda fine I guess, as royal guard doesnt mean much atm. It might just even be worse to have royal guard units because upgrading them becomes so ridiculously expensive. Problem is thats its just way too big to implement or worry about in what is supposed to be a small patch that adresses the balance.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

S_I_D_aoe3 wrote:Sorry :P typing on phone. . . You get the jist and don't have to be such a dick in trying to argue your point. Royal musket units are fine the way they are, no need to change them whatsoever. What's even your username bc thebritish doesn't come up on the ELO Ladders.

1. You are now trying to insult me.
2. You dont provide reason why you dont want this (acting like a 2 year old who wants to sleep all day not caring for anything else, but sleeping)
3. ELO ladders lol...

Warning to others: You are not allowed to give out my ESo nickname here on the forum or thru PM.
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

thebritish is kiirbii on ESO