Making the royal guard units having 10% better stats while costing 10% more in colonial

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Making the royal guard units having 10% better stats while costing 10% more in colonial

Post by Kaiserklein »

The only change I could understand for this upgrade is making it separate, like guard upgrade for the normal cost and then a 400g 400w royal guard upgrade. Because as it is, I sometimes wish I had a normal unit because I can't afford the royal guard upgrade. So what is supposed to be a perk is sometimes annoying. Apart from that I think nothing should be changed
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Re: Making the royal guard units having 10% better stats while costing 10% more in colonial

Post by lesllamas »

lesllamas wrote:Yeah I don't think this would be the right change to make, but I do think the whole "royal guard" concept could be tweaked. I don't play asian civs or TWC civs often, so I may be wrong here, but isn't the Royal Guard thing only applicable to euro civs? I think it would be a nice quality of life tweak to split the industrial buff into "guard" (600/600) and "royal guard" (400/400), so that civs with those units have the option whether or not to sink all 1k/1k resources in at once, or if they just want to buy the 600/600 upgrade. I think it would be a small change that would hardly impact balance.

^
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

lesllamas wrote:
lesllamas wrote:Yeah I don't think this would be the right change to make, but I do think the whole "royal guard" concept could be tweaked. I don't play asian civs or TWC civs often, so I may be wrong here, but isn't the Royal Guard thing only applicable to euro civs? I think it would be a nice quality of life tweak to split the industrial buff into "guard" (600/600) and "royal guard" (400/400), so that civs with those units have the option whether or not to sink all 1k/1k resources in at once, or if they just want to buy the 600/600 upgrade. I think it would be a small change that would hardly impact balance.

^

If you were to change it I was kinda thinking about this myself aswell. But since it hardly impacts balance, why change it in the first place?
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

Because of what Kaiserklein mentioned in the post directly above mine.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Jerom wrote:It seems thebritish discovered the "-" sign today and has resorted to (ab)using it lol.

He has been abusing that useless thing for a long time tho

thebritish wrote:Warning to others: You are not allowed to give out my ESo nickname here on the forum or thru PM.

Where exactly do you see that rule lmao ? And from what terrible punishment should we be "warned" by you ? And you gonna check our PMs ? xD
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Jerom wrote:It seems thebritish discovered the "-" sign today and has resorted to (ab)using it lol.

thebritish wrote:Warning to others: You are not allowed to give out my ESo nickname here on the forum or thru PM.

Where exactly so you see that rule lmao ? And from what terrible punishment should we be "warned" by you ? And you gonna check our PMs ? xD

He's gonna report the posts so that he can annoy the moderators with notifications I think :/
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Kaiserklein wrote:

Where exactly so you see that rule lmao ? And from what terrible punishment should we be "warned" by you ? And you gonna check our PMs ? xD

Giving out personal information of other users is not allowed..
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag S_I_D_aoe3
Crossbow

Post by S_I_D_aoe3 »

thebritish wrote:
S_I_D_aoe3 wrote:Sorry :P typing on phone. . . You get the jist and don't have to be such a dick in trying to argue your point. Royal musket units are fine the way they are, no need to change them whatsoever. What's even your username bc thebritish doesn't come up on the ELO Ladders.

1. You are now trying to insult me.
2. You dont provide reason why you dont wants this (acting like a 2 year old who wants to sleep all day not caring for anything else, but sleeping)
3. ELO ladders lol...

Warning to others: You are not allowed to give out my ESo nickname to this game here on the forum or thru PM.

I figured after the nth time it would be appropriate to call you a dick, guess I was mistaken. I have provided reasons. . . I guess they weren't in list formatting so you didn't catch them. Let me try this for you then:
1.) British become over powered
- British musketeers get an unneeded boost for their military which isn't necessary
-increasing cost by 10% is nul when the British can totally support that on their incredibly good economy
-British like to stay age 2 and therefore have the chance to get other military upgrade cards that takes that op musket and makes it super 'thebritish' op
2.) Pointless for Ports
-This literally does nothing for the ports, they don't stay age 2 anyways and this is hardly incentive too
-increasing ports musket cost if they even were to stay age 2 doesn't help because their economy doesn't really start booming till age 3
3.) Not necessary
-Implementing your idea doesn't help balance the game at all but makes the musket even more powerful for one civ (British if you didn't figure that one)
I hope this clears the air now that it is in a format you can read. (Even added color to make some points stand out)
Without knowing your ESO name how can I take that any of your information is any good? Pros and Cons of staying anon. this is ESO-C not 4chan.
LP-33
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

S_I_D_aoe3 wrote:
thebritish wrote:
S_I_D_aoe3 wrote:Sorry :P typing on phone. . . You get the jist and don't have to be such a dick in trying to argue your point. Royal musket units are fine the way they are, no need to change them whatsoever. What's even your username bc thebritish doesn't come up on the ELO Ladders.

1. You are now trying to insult me.
2. You dont provide reason why you dont wants this (acting like a 2 year old who wants to sleep all day not caring for anything else, but sleeping)
3. ELO ladders lol...

Warning to others: You are not allowed to give out my ESo nickname to this game here on the forum or thru PM.

I figured after the nth time it would be appropriate to call you a dick, guess I was mistaken. I have provided reasons. . . I guess they weren't in list formatting so you didn't catch them. Let me try this for you then:
- British musketeers get an unneeded boost for their military which isn't necessary
-increasing cost by 10% is nul when the British can totally support that on their incredibly good economy
-British like to stay age 2 and therefore have the chance to get other military upgrade cards that takes that op musket and makes it super 'thebritish' op
2.) Pointless for Ports
-This literally does nothing for the ports, they don't stay age 2 anyways and this is hardly incentive too
-increasing ports musket cost if they even were to stay age 2 doesn't help because their economy doesn't really start booming till age 3
3.) Not necessary
-Implementing your idea doesn't help balance the game at all but makes the musket even more powerful for one civ (British if you didn't figure that one)
I hope this clears the air now that it is in a format you can read. (Even added color to make some points stand out)
Without knowing your ESO name how can I take that any of your information is any good? Pros and Cons of staying anon. this is ESO-C not 4chan.

You already know me.
Link to my profile page:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1313
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

thebritish is Kiirbii on ESO Sid
No Flag S_I_D_aoe3
Crossbow

Post by S_I_D_aoe3 »

thebritish wrote:
S_I_D_aoe3 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

2.) Pointless for Ports
3.) Not necessary

You already know me.
Link to my profile page:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1313

Lol Your profile page tells me nothing :P and your an MS? I was hoping something alittle higher from someone who knows so much.

lesllamas wrote:thebritish is Kiirbii on ESO Sid

Yeah I see that now thanks, Im going inbetween finishing a paper for class tomorrow and this xD lol
LP-33
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

thebritish wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:

Giving out personal information of other users is not allowed..

Yeah your eso nickname is something very personal wow
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Your ESO name isn't private. It's public.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

why do u have to argue with 12yo kids, like really
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

because it's fun
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

iCourt wrote:Your ESO name isn't private. It's public.

My ESO name isnt private, but the person behind it is.
You are not allowed to share personal information of other users.
-This is even written in the forum guidelines
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Garja wrote:why do u have to argue with 12yo kids, like really

How can i prove you that i am not 12 yo
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

Thebritish's logic:

Citibank is not private information. But there are customers who use Citibank. Those customers have private information. Therefore you cannot tell people that Citibank exists.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Kaiserklein wrote:The only change I could understand for this upgrade is making it separate, like guard upgrade for the normal cost and then a 400g 400w royal guard upgrade. Because as it is, I sometimes wish I had a normal unit because I can't afford the royal guard upgrade. So what is supposed to be a perk is sometimes annoying. Apart from that I think nothing should be changed

+1

british, your sugestion is just pointless, the only thing it accomplishes is buffing brits and a few other civs in a strange way.. If you REALLY feel that brits are so bad (witch I strongly disagree..), you should just point here your arguments and impressions on why you think that, and so perhaps someone can come up with a solid change... This royal suggestion is just horrible...
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Can we please keep this on topic?

If you want to disagree, be civil about it, thanks.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

thebritish wrote:
zoom wrote:I like this from a design POV, but it's a balancing nightmare and doesn't really accomplish anything. Civilizations like British would benefit more than French, for instance.

Thats the whole point for this.
Brits should have advantage vs French if French decides to go for musk/huss combo by having better units.
-Also, this would give a chance for those civs who have royal guard musks, but can't and shouldn't (as "top players" say) use them vs india, japan, otto..

The whole point of this is to buff British? In that case I suppose it's a great idea!

British already have the advantage vs French in Musketeer–Hussar combat by having better units in terms of cards and Longbowmen.

I just don't find this change very meaningful at all. I could see moving the feature to the Fortress Age unit improvements being a neat idea though.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

It also makes french and germany OP actually. 8+7 skirm imba then.

Really theres nothing to discuss.. This change has only one result: itll cause new problems and solve none.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

thebritish wrote:@britishmusketeer, now they are worst civ in the game..

Nope they are a strong civ.

thebritish wrote:Well, thats the fucking point of what i suggested...
-France should not have advantage over brits because they dont have royal guard units (they should make skirm/goon as usual).
-Also, due to the reason that you dont know that ports have royal guard musks, i am gonna ignore you posts.

Come back in a few months when you will have 1000+ made on the forum...

1)Having royal guard units is a bad thing because it means the guard upgrade costs 800res more for 10% more stats which isn't worth it when you hit age 4 and need to upgrade your units
2)How does spamming thousands of posts on a forum(which are all worthless) meaning anything at all?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

lesllamas wrote:thebritish is kiirbii on ESO

lol legend