Mitoe vs Lukas_L99

Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Re: Mitoe vs Lukas_L99

Post by Aizamk »

princeofcarthage wrote:
gh0st wrote:Ok, so back on topic, lukas got smashed pretty hard huh?
Yup, don't know how people analyse games, is disheartening to see so many people believed Mitoe would lose. Winning 4-0 was always debatable though. Nearly 45% of the bets predicted Lukas to win which is far too close of a result to be true except in rare cases.
Lukas is a good player. Personally I think a match vs Mitoe could have gone either way. Though then again I did sleep through all of it.
oranges.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Kaiserklein wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Hawk_Girl wrote:can you imagine a tourney with only euro civs. lukas would be so low ranked lel
He would perform much better than he did here. Playing Aztec is a 10% handicap, and it's just too much at this level.
Haha aren't you tired of being that much biased
No, I'm not.
The only high level players who pick Aztecs get molested every time the opponent is decent. And still, Aztec doesn't get relevant buffs.
I guess I need to lobby more for azzy then.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

3 games out of 4 were decided by the MU.
The only fair game was Sioux VS Iro and Lukas played pretty bad in that game.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

So... snoww knocked out Raphael, Lucas knocked out snoww, and Mitoe knocked out Lucas?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Sucks that some lts were flaming lukas in twitch chat when hed smash them blindfolded. People dont seem to realise hes a good player and that losing to mitoe is nothing to be ashamed of. They wouldn’t have the same reaction if they went up against mitoe.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Its bad civ picks on a bad day, so yeah.
But twitch chat is always gonna be twitch chat, clueless people flaming.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

honestly i was expecting this to go 4-3 either way or 4-0 mitoe. lukas is a rock solid player with a bit anti-meta civ choices and strats. i dunno if the whole series would have gonne differently if mitoe didnt petard lukas' tc in game one and lukas would have gotten out 2nd tc BB and shipment and maybe even maces for 500c at the house. being 1-0 up against a player like mitoe can do wonders.
also to me it seems that he really put effort into the tourney, but so has mitoe. gg's!
United States of America minimoult21
Dragoon
ESO: minimoult21

Post by minimoult21 »

Hazza54321 wrote:Sucks that some lts were flaming lukas in twitch chat when hed smash them blindfolded. People dont seem to realise hes a good player and that losing to mitoe is nothing to be ashamed of. They wouldn’t have the same reaction if they went up against mitoe.
Exactly. Lukas is really solid and will still be in the top 4 for this tournament. It's a really good showing for anyone. Congrats to Lukas for getting this far and best of luck in the next round.
minimoult21 represents a relative unknown.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Mitoe is an underdog(better than brig) ,practice patner of h2o can definetly become top 1 , no one can expect the outcome from him sometimes god tier some times throw sometimes tilt .
:nwc:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Haha aren't you tired of being that much biased
No, I'm not.
The only high level players who pick Aztecs get molested every time the opponent is decent. And still, Aztec doesn't get relevant buffs.
I guess I need to lobby more for azzy then.
No one plays aztecs + you're not even active on EP, yet you decided that the civ is "the weakest". That's what I call being super biased, and I think everyone sees that.
People said iro was trash for a really long time until we started playing it and found it's strong. The same could be true with aztecs to some extent. I also remember when you constantly said that russia was the weakest civ, and then we found out the civ is fine. You tend to have a very definite opinion on everything and then change your mind 6 months later, so it feels pointless discussing with you.
You can keep spamming about aztecs and make a fool of yourself though
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hazza54321 wrote:Sucks that some lts were flaming lukas in twitch chat when hed smash them blindfolded. People dont seem to realise hes a good player and that losing to mitoe is nothing to be ashamed of. They wouldn’t have the same reaction if they went up against mitoe.
Yeah gotta love when people who have no idea about anything and are provided some free content make fun of top players.
That's why I usually try to ban every single one of these cunts from my chat, but there's too many
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

To be honest, does not matter which game or sport you play, people will always make fun of you/"flame you". It's just an unavoidable phenomenon. Furthermore, debating with these people is only going to make it worse as they see you are getting provoked.

If someone says you're totally shit player, who cares? Maybe you had a shit series but it doesn't mean you're a bad person or anything. It's not a death threat. If those comments make you sad, don't read twitch chat. I'm not trying to defend those few guys who spend 24/7 flaming top players but just saying to grow a thicker skin and not react to them.
Switzerland Klestree
Musketeer
ESO: Klestree

Post by Klestree »

I was hoping for good matches but it wasnt, shit happens...lukas will come back stronger than never before learning from mistakes makes you stronger if u dont do the same mistake twice ;)
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Yup, don't know how people analyse games, is disheartening to see so many people believed Mitoe would lose. Winning 4-0 was always debatable though. Nearly 45% of the bets predicted Lukas to win which is far too close of a result to be true except in rare cases.
I expected the series to go 4-3 for one of us. Usually in practice vs Lukas I lose a lot. I would say the 50/50 bets were pretty accurate, and Lukas just had a bad day.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Mitoe wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
I expected the series to go 4-3 for one of us. Usually in practice vs Lukas I lose a lot. I would say the 50/50 bets were pretty accurate, and Lukas just had a bad day.
I think you are mistaking your inconsistency for something else. While Lukas is definitely a very good player (my fav in fact) this doesn't change the fact you are just simply far ahead for Lukas to have any realistic chance to win, unless of course you suck on that day. I said the same thing during tabben, I got flamed, I said the same thing during last tournament I got flamed, I said the same thing now, I got flamed, yet results speak for themselves.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Completely unrelated: in high school T&F my running mate and I ran the same times, in practice. He was trying and I was trying and we pushed each other and we always finished our 3 miles, 2 miles, 800s, or 400s or whatever within like the same second of each other, in practice.

Meet rolls around and he'll out-runs me by 7 seconds in the 800. He was a much better runner, but in practice we ran the same, and I have no reason to doubt his effort in practice because he was a very, very hard working individual. He just ran better than I did in meets.
Pakistan inyourpc
Musketeer
ESO: iamyawer
GameRanger ID: 8789100

Post by inyourpc »

deleted_user wrote:Completely unrelated: in high school T&F my running mate and I ran the same times, in practice. He was trying and I was trying and we pushed each other and we always finished our 3 miles, 2 miles, 800s, or 400s or whatever within like the same second of each other, in practice.

Meet rolls around and he'll out-runs me by 7 seconds in the 800. He was a much better runner, but in practice we ran the same, and I have no reason to doubt his effort in practice because he was a very, very hard working individual. He just ran better than I did in meets.
Every word your right has some meaning behind it, like real information, other day he was telling without chicekn he felt lethargic, basically nice wisdom based soul of his. 2 cents for you <3
Germany Oliveza
Pro Player
ESO: Oliveza

Post by Oliveza »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Mitoe wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I think you are mistaking your inconsistency for something else. While Lukas is definitely a very good player (my fav in fact) this doesn't change the fact you are just simply far ahead for Lukas to have any realistic chance to win, unless of course you suck on that day. I said the same thing during tabben, I got flamed, I said the same thing during last tournament I got flamed, I said the same thing now, I got flamed, yet results speak for themselves.
why u not betting Champion yet?
:mds: > BIGS
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

inyourpc wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Completely unrelated: in high school T&F my running mate and I ran the same times, in practice. He was trying and I was trying and we pushed each other and we always finished our 3 miles, 2 miles, 800s, or 400s or whatever within like the same second of each other, in practice.

Every word your right has some meaning behind it, like real information, other day he was telling without chicekn he felt lethargic, basically nice wisdom based soul of his. 2 cents for you <3
@deleted_user4 this is a good signature post tbh
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

Very common phenomenon in sports.

Sports psychology is a huge topic now. Most competitive level teams are employing psychologists to help athletes out with mental barricades.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Post by n0el »

All top end athletes employ sports psychologists. One of my most interesting reading topics of late is this subject. The power of the brain to push your body to new levels is amazing.
mad cuz bad
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I’ve noticed something that affects my performance a lot is whether I’m focused on the game itself or on the audience.

Sometimes I get too caught up in doing something cool or unexpected for the people watching that I end up doing something very specific that isn’t very adaptable or that I haven’t even practiced all that much and lose, whereas when I just focus on playing something that I understand well and is pretty flexible I usually do much better.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Oliveza wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
why u not betting Champion yet?
Haven't been actively following tournament and betting games, so just not betting at all. Betting isn't as easy as you make. It's suppose to be an educated guess and simply not following players prior to and during tournament makes me currently less educated about the matter to effectively bet.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Well my BO in G1 (ATP Azzy) was something I came up with like 2 weeks ago, Ive done it vs good players where it worked well, just didnt have the opportunity to test it vs very good players yet. So I guess it was risky to go for it.

Mitoe just knows my style really well I guess and counter stratted me kinda, he went for some colo timing in both games vs my azzy cause he knew I‘m greedy with them often times. No one would really go for a colo timing ve aztecs as ger or fre, unless they really know what aztec is doing.
Also Mitoe knows how I‘m playing Sioux-Iro so he knew what was coming.

Not taking anything away from him or something, he anti-stratted me as he knows my style really well. I didn‘t practice enough new BOs for that series.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Well my BO in G1 (ATP Azzy) was something I came up with like 2 weeks ago, Ive done it vs good players where it worked well, just didnt have the opportunity to test it vs very good players yet. So I guess it was risky to go for it.

Mitoe just knows my style really well I guess and counter stratted me kinda, he went for some colo timing in both games vs my azzy cause he knew I‘m greedy with them often times. No one would really go for a colo timing ve aztecs as ger or fre, unless they really know what aztec is doing.
Also Mitoe knows how I‘m playing Sioux-Iro so he knew what was coming.

Not taking anything away from him or something, he anti-stratted me as he knows my style really well. I didn‘t practice enough new BOs for that series.
The game 1 build looked very nice. I don't think it dies to the age 2 push Mitoe did, even when you got caught out completely and still hesitated on training units you still held ok-ish. Could just also take the hit on some weak BB's to get mass. Alternatively just scout. :P

Was kinda dissapointed we didn't get to see how this plays out vs a standard fre/ger play.