Length: 16 minutes
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: snowww vs SoldieR

Post by iNcog »

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Found this on reddit/youtube.

I had just casted these from replays too but mine aren't uploaded yet. why not have a look at this? new caster around

edit: wtf they casted one of my games on there
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

iNcog wrote:
whos dis youtuber?
:nwc:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

no idea but it's time to spam the channel with views and likes
Garja wrote:
European Union PancakePrincess
Skirmisher
ESO: PancakePrincess

Post by PancakePrincess »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
iNcog wrote:
whos dis youtuber?
That would be me! I've been lurking in the forum, since it's inception and have been playing the game since it was released in 2005. I always wanted to cast this game ever since having watched my very first cast by Veni, but I never had the courage to just do it. However, recently I decided to just sally forth.
Skirmisher

iNcog wrote:no idea but it's time to spam the channel with views and likes
Only if I do a job good though. If my casts are bad, please shower me in dislikes and punish me with disregard. Or at least leave feedback on how I can improve.

Also, I've seen that you referred to me as "they". I'm not sure if you watched the videos or just linked them, but I'm a "she". I really do hope you just linked them, since it would be quite scary if one couldn't tell by my voice.

Thanks for the support though. I really do appreciate the it!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Looks like a good job to me. your style is not excitement like a Harrison or an Interjection, but more mellow like a Veni or a Riotcoke. Which is perfectly fine, and I like mellow casts too. Your game knowledge seems on point and well-rounded, some of the other youtube casts I've come across have no idea what's going on. So there's more points for you on that one. Overall please continue with what you've started, your style will flesh out with time. It's easy to be modest and be completely at the whim of the spectator in terms of what is good and isn't. but if I were to give you feedback I wouldn't know what the hell I'm talking about. all I can say is that there are aspects to what you did that I enjoyed.

if I really had to peeve about something, it would be about panning the camera too much, too quickly, etc. I've always liked it more when observers slow down when they pan the camera, let a camera shot linger for a few moments before using the minimap to click on another thing to look at. if you bounce around and click the minimap 4 times in 1.5 seconds, it becomes a bit much I guess. BUT that is truly a nitpick and hardly worth your time in taking into account. please continue to develop your stuff.

um, I'm sorry I did not assume your gender. It was indeed obvious after I sat down and listened in, but I always use they more than he/she if I don't know the person.

edit: welcome to the forums, maybe the ESOC dictatorship will ask your casting services at some point btw
Garja wrote:
Skirmisher

iNcog wrote:Looks like a good job to me. your style is not excitement like a Harrison or an Interjection, but more mellow like a Veni or a Riotcoke. Which is perfectly fine, and I like mellow casts too. Your game knowledge seems on point and well-rounded, some of the other youtube casts I've come across have no idea what's going on. So there's more points for you on that one. Overall please continue with what you've started, your style will flesh out with time. It's easy to be modest and be completely at the whim of the spectator in terms of what is good and isn't. but if I were to give you feedback I wouldn't know what the hell I'm talking about. all I can say is that there are aspects to what you did that I enjoyed.

if I really had to peeve about something, it would be about panning the camera too much, too quickly, etc. I've always liked it more when observers slow down when they pan the camera, let a camera shot linger for a few moments before using the minimap to click on another thing to look at. if you bounce around and click the minimap 4 times in 1.5 seconds, it becomes a bit much I guess. BUT that is truly a nitpick and hardly worth your time in taking into account. please continue to develop your stuff.

um, I'm sorry I did not assume your gender. It was indeed obvious after I sat down and listened in, but I always use they more than he/she if I don't know the person.

edit: welcome to the forums, maybe the ESOC dictatorship will ask your casting services at some point btw
Thank you very much for the feedback! I'll try to be a bit calmer in regards to the camera next time. It's a bit of a bad habit of mine in regards to RTS games and I really think you're right in your assertion that I could be a bit less erratic with it.

And yeah, don't worry about the thing in regards to my gender. I was just a bit worried that my voice came of as a bit too deep due to having done so many retakes.

Happy you enjoyed the cast for the most part!
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

PancakePrincess wrote: I'll try to be a bit calmer in regards to the camera next time. It's a bit of a bad habit of mine in regards to RTS games
It's called "too many apm" ^_^
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

That was a nice cast!

To me it was barely noticeable that you're not a native speaker, your pronunciation was very clear and your flow of speech felt very natural as well.

Some specific notes on the game:
  • I would consider disabling visual mods. Your British flag is displayed as a Scottish flag, which made it confusing to see at a glance what civ snowww is playing.
  • In general, I think using Recalculated Economic Unit Population in the UI helps comparing player ecos better. In this game Iro vs Brits it's unlikely to make a difference but it might be a good habit to develop.
  • In the early game when there isn't much going on, you could consider talking about some of these things:
    • Context of the match, what's at stake? If it's a tournament, did the players beat any other well-known players before, who would the winner be facing next?
    • Background of the players, what's their tournament history, PR, preferred civs, playstyle, etc.
    • Civ matchup and how it's affected by the map, who is likely to take the initiative, guesses on how their strategies might play out.
    • Look around the map, identify key treasures and which resources could be vulnerable as the game progresses, thinking about which areas players might be fighting over throughout the game.
    • Once the first shipment is on the way, you can check the decks of the players, point out what strategy that suggests, whether any notable cards are missing or unusual cards are present.
    • When players take or contest important treasures, you could speculate on what impact that might have, e.g. allowing a faster age up, an extra eco upgrade, denying TPs, etc.
  • It looks like you're zoomed in a bit most of the time, so the area visible on the screen is a bit smaller and you're moving the screen more to see what's going on. Staying at maximum zoom unless there is a specific detail you want to look at might make it easier not to scroll as much.
  • I don't think you need worry about missing small things or mispronouncing something. You can of course ask for feedback about it if you're not sure, but I don't think you need to bring it up during the cast itself. If you just move on to the next thing, most of the time viewers will barely notice it at all.
  • Some strategic context every few minutes would be interesting. When there is no immediate action, you could take a step back and think about where each player stands, what you think their next goals are, and how it fits into their overall strategy.
  • When a significant action happens, e.g. a new military building, a major raid, an age up, vils getting pushed off an important resource, you could explain what consequences you think this will have and how it changes the course of the game going forward. You do this already sometimes, and I think it's worth doing it more. It can also be a good way to fill the time until the next important move happens.
  • In the recap at the end you can express more thoughts about why the game turned out the way it did, and perhaps also use the stat graphs (especially vil pop, military pop, res gathered) to highlight key points. It's fine to mention once that you're PR 22 but I don't think you need to worry about it, you can still give your opinion and if there are things you're not sure about maybe ask people to comment about their thoughts.
Good job altogether, would be great if you decide to keep it up and perhaps even do a co-cast with one of the resident casters some time!
Skirmisher

Thrar wrote:That was a nice cast!

To me it was barely noticeable that you're not a native speaker, your pronunciation was very clear and your flow of speech felt very natural as well.

Some specific notes on the game:
  • I would consider disabling visual mods. Your British flag is displayed as a Scottish flag, which made it confusing to see at a glance what civ snowww is playing.
  • In general, I think using Recalculated Economic Unit Population in the UI helps comparing player ecos better. In this game Iro vs Brits it's unlikely to make a difference but it might be a good habit to develop.
  • In the early game when there isn't much going on, you could consider talking about some of these things:
    • Context of the match, what's at stake? If it's a tournament, did the players beat any other well-known players before, who would the winner be facing next?
    • Background of the players, what's their tournament history, PR, preferred civs, playstyle, etc.
    • Civ matchup and how it's affected by the map, who is likely to take the initiative, guesses on how their strategies might play out.
    • Look around the map, identify key treasures and which resources could be vulnerable as the game progresses, thinking about which areas players might be fighting over throughout the game.
    • Once the first shipment is on the way, you can check the decks of the players, point out what strategy that suggests, whether any notable cards are missing or unusual cards are present.
    • When players take or contest important treasures, you could speculate on what impact that might have, e.g. allowing a faster age up, an extra eco upgrade, denying TPs, etc.
  • It looks like you're zoomed in a bit most of the time, so the area visible on the screen is a bit smaller and you're moving the screen more to see what's going on. Staying at maximum zoom unless there is a specific detail you want to look at might make it easier not to scroll as much.
  • I don't think you need worry about missing small things or mispronouncing something. You can of course ask for feedback about it if you're not sure, but I don't think you need to bring it up during the cast itself. If you just move on to the next thing, most of the time viewers will barely notice it at all.
  • Some strategic context every few minutes would be interesting. When there is no immediate action, you could take a step back and think about where each player stands, what you think their next goals are, and how it fits into their overall strategy.
  • When a significant action happens, e.g. a new military building, a major raid, an age up, vils getting pushed off an important resource, you could explain what consequences you think this will have and how it changes the course of the game going forward. You do this already sometimes, and I think it's worth doing it more. It can also be a good way to fill the time until the next important move happens.
  • In the recap at the end you can express more thoughts about why the game turned out the way it did, and perhaps also use the stat graphs (especially vil pop, military pop, res gathered) to highlight key points. It's fine to mention once that you're PR 22 but I don't think you need to worry about it, you can still give your opinion and if there are things you're not sure about maybe ask people to comment about their thoughts.
Good job altogether, would be great if you decide to keep it up and perhaps even do a co-cast with one of the resident casters some time!
Thank you very much for the feedback! Especially the pointers on what I can talk about while there might not be much action are immensely helpful. I'm a bit scared to judge things wrong, but with a bit of guide reading and keeping my ears up in regards to strategy discussions I should be able to make it work.

Again, thank you very much!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I actually do like the different flags.
Garja wrote:
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

In the video, you say that you've restarted the cast over and over again due to 'fumbling the names'. Don't worry about it, everyone who casts does it.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

that and changing pronunciation of player names and units 4 times per cast. being incapable of sticking to one and just mixing it up for hours on end
Garja wrote:
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Yea please if caster would call me "poisson" and no "poissondu" i would be very gracefull :D
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yea, and if the media team could write diarouga with a small d.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I think you should just flame both players the entire time
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

poissondu
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

its like in previous casts referring to players by their shortened names like DD, Prince, King, Hazza, Kaiser, baus, riot, bramboy, poisson, Callen eg just to save time in the casts if your having to say their name hundred times across a full Bo7 series
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:poissondu
poissondu44
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

quarante-quatre
Garja wrote:
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Et oui Nantes rpz :D (puis ce que tous le monde me troll)
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

ennnnnn avant guingamp (puisqu'il faut troller encore un peu plus)
Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Garja wrote: