skg matches

Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Re: skg matches

Post by BrookG »

I'm not sure I understand your use of the word "representive". Nevertheless, I responded in all points in short here viewtopic.php?p=456428#p456392
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah btw any reason why we're doing jackgaming vs riot?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

If it doesn't make a difference to who makes it into the playoffs, then who cares?
If it does, not counting is definitely something to consider. It would be unfair if a team doesn't make it into the playoffs only because they had to play the stronger SKG as opposed to the cakewalk one.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

BrookG wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Come on, stop the bad faith. Optimus has played every single match so far. Why do you act as if nothing went wrong with SKG lol, it's ridiculous.
I know it is ridiculous. That's why I mentioned it.
There was Hazza donating wins and then not playing as a champion anymore.
he was banned
Somppu donating a win and then getting banned.
also banned as you say
TLS donating the 5th game of his series vs knusch, and now randomly not playing vs me, while he just played vs soldier. Are you gonna pretend all this is "no big deal" or what?

And roster doesn't have to be the same every week but if you don't even have a champion or a top player in your team it's retarded? Or if it's not, can you tell me why you forced SKG to change their pairings vs CMC, when TLS and miggo initially weren't in the roster?
there were lots of voices against the initial roster, as it was free wins for CMC. My main argument is that it's not SKG's fault rather than certain people's. You can't bring down a whole team, some members that practiced and played to win. It would be unfair to take that out. Now, about removing the points, the effort and time to practice, schedule and play vs SKG members would be for naught.
thats such a bad way to look at it. in every single sport, esport or any event possible that has to do with teams, if one in the team fuks up, the team gets punished.. the ruling here seems completly wrong. its unfair for the players in the team ofc... but its way more unfair for the opponents. so the rulings made were just wrong imo
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I'll read this thread again once my high has gone away. Maybe tomorrow.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

sebnan12 wrote:
BrookG wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Come on, stop the bad faith. Optimus has played every single match so far. Why do you act as if nothing went wrong with SKG lol, it's ridiculous.
I know it is ridiculous. That's why I mentioned it.
There was Hazza donating wins and then not playing as a champion anymore.
he was banned
Somppu donating a win and then getting banned.
also banned as you say
TLS donating the 5th game of his series vs knusch, and now randomly not playing vs me, while he just played vs soldier. Are you gonna pretend all this is "no big deal" or what?

And roster doesn't have to be the same every week but if you don't even have a champion or a top player in your team it's retarded? Or if it's not, can you tell me why you forced SKG to change their pairings vs CMC, when TLS and miggo initially weren't in the roster?
there were lots of voices against the initial roster, as it was free wins for CMC. My main argument is that it's not SKG's fault rather than certain people's. You can't bring down a whole team, some members that practiced and played to win. It would be unfair to take that out. Now, about removing the points, the effort and time to practice, schedule and play vs SKG members would be for naught.
thats such a bad way to look at it. in every single sport, esport or any event possible that has to do with teams, if one in the team fuks up, the team gets punished.. the ruling here seems completly wrong. its unfair for the players in the team ofc... but its way more unfair for the opponents. so the rulings made were just wrong imo
This. @BrookG , you cannot circumvent this sentence
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

Not sure I follow why should the whole team be punished if one fucks up. So we'll resolve an unfair situation with another unfair one? I don't think that's a sound argument.

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Goodspeed wrote:If it doesn't make a difference to who makes it into the playoffs, then who cares?
If it does, not counting is definitely something to consider. It would be unfair if a team doesn't make it into the playoffs only because they had to play the stronger SKG as opposed to the cakewalk one.
Damn that almost reminds me you playing one round and got benched for the last 3 weeks
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

BrookG wrote:Not sure I follow why should the whole team be punished if one fucks up. So we'll resolve an unfair situation with another unfair one? I don't think that's a sound argument.
Subjective, but I would say one of the options is considerably less unfair.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

everything is subjective for someone..
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

NEED MORE XP
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Maybe for a group of Dunning - Krugers...
[Sith] - Baphomet
Uzbekistan Timurid
Skirmisher
ESO: Trained Spahi

Post by Timurid »

admins are doing their best. i am sure there will be lessons learned for next season epl
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah btw any reason why we're doing jackgaming vs riot?
Because he'll win 5-0

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

Goodspeed wrote:
BrookG wrote:Not sure I follow why should the whole team be punished if one fucks up. So we'll resolve an unfair situation with another unfair one? I don't think that's a sound argument.
Subjective, but I would say one of the options is considerably less unfair.
GiB sees all. GiB knows all.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

Timurid wrote:admins are doing their best. i am sure there will be lessons learned for next season epl
so does zoi. doesnt mean its good

NEED MORE XP
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

because its a team event? u qlso get rewarded for doing nothing when others dont fuk up.. this way though u punish other teams

NEED MORE XP
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

All individuals that hindered the event were dealt with. I can't see how hitting a dead body fixes this situation. There are 4 teams that spent energy and time to practice, schedule and play vs SKG. All that workforce would be unequally spent compared to CMC. It's a week before playoffs where there are 3 candidates to qualify. CMC would be favoured if they basically had a relaxed week off to and a pass to playoffs.

Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

sebnan12 wrote:
Earlier stuff
1) Team as a whole didn't try to sabotage the event, few individuals did.
2) Those individuals got the appropriate punishment, as such their case is closed.
3) How can you say team didn't get punished? They lost points because their teammate gave free wins. They lost champion and their most valuable player. They are at bottom of the league table and the rest of the team's efforts were for naught. Have you ever heard of an entire team getting banned or disqualified because one or few certain players (Point to note "players") engaged in match fixing?
4) What you are suggesting is completely unheard off, at least to my knowledge. Nowhere in history of any sports, team's entire points and/or rankings have been invalidated in middle of the tournament. Sure teams/players have been disqualified in middle of tournaments(<- This has happened in ESOC tournaments as well) but earlier results invalidated? Never. It sets a very bad precedent and for very good reasons.
5) Its unfortunate what happened, but you don't correct one wrong decision with another.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

how exactly would not counting points vs SKG punish remaining players of SKG?

they were unfortunately punished by other teammembers and r out
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

you mean that by making SKG points not count, that would be considered (unfair) punishment to the rest of the SKG team (those that didn't leave)? If so, as a SKG player myself I can say that that would be bs. We are not achieving anything this epl. So I'd rather see fairness for the remaining teams,
Image Image
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

amiggo1999 wrote:
you mean that by making SKG points not count, that would be considered (unfair) punishment to the rest of the SKG team (those that didn't leave)? If so, as a SKG player myself I can say that that would be bs. We are not achieving anything this epl. So I'd rather see fairness for the remaining teams,
Taking out the points won't change anything so I don't see the point.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Because it’s the right thing to do and sets a precedent for the future.
mad cuz bad
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

TheNameDaniel wrote:
amiggo1999 wrote:
What? Ofc it does. Whether or not NWC has 16 wins, and MDS has 10 wins, or NWC (7) + MDS (3) makes a difference?
Image Image
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

amiggo1999 wrote:
TheNameDaniel wrote:
Show hidden quotes
What? Ofc it does. Whether or not NWC has 16 wins, and MDS has 10 wins, or NWC (7) + MDS (3) makes a difference?
Even if you discount SKG games, NN, Bigs, are practically out. MDS still needs 15-10 as it needs now, CMC still guaranteed a playoff spot. So yes nothing relevant changes, I don't think how you end up on table +5 or +7 is relevant.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

princeofcarthage wrote:
amiggo1999 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Even if you discount SKG games, NN, Bigs, are practically out. MDS still needs 15-10 as it needs now, CMC still guaranteed a playoff spot. So yes nothing relevant changes, I don't think how you end up on table +5 or +7 is relevant.
well if MDS needs 2 less wins with SKG points being excluded ofc that's relevant. We will see at the end of the week if they still qualify, but if they barely don't cause of a 2 point difference due to SKG's inconsistency that would suck.
Image Image