Kaiserklein vs The_LastSamurai

Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Re: Kaiserklein vs The_LastSamurai

Post by Victor_swe »

On a serious note. When a team lost 2champions already just let the manager play this time. Prince vs kaiser gogogoogo
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Swe Vs clown go!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

princeofcarthage wrote:Well there is literally no incentive to play apart from threat of future tournament bans (which admins also can't really afford) which to be fair most people have no chance of winning or earning even a prize spot. Other leagues anywhere have wage/salary incentive to play, and also the incentive that if you do good you might get a chance to play in better team (or salary promotion) say from Granada F.C to Barcelona.
An incentive? People signed up because they fucking wanted to play? So they just should
Victor_swe wrote:On a serious note. When a team lost 2champions already just let the manager play this time. Prince vs kaiser gogogoogo
I'd play Prince. Or miggo. I wanna play a good series. But regardless SKG series shouldn't be counted in the standings, even if we can play for entertainment
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Kaiserklein wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Well there is literally no incentive to play apart from threat of future tournament bans (which admins also can't really afford) which to be fair most people have no chance of winning or earning even a prize spot. Other leagues anywhere have wage/salary incentive to play, and also the incentive that if you do good you might get a chance to play in better team (or salary promotion) say from Granada F.C to Barcelona.
An incentive? People signed up because they fucking wanted to play? So they just should
People signed up cuz there is a chance to win prize, if they just want to play they can schedule and play whenever and however amount of games they want. How many people do you think would sign up without a prize for tournament? Sure once of twice you may get good sign ups, but that is all. People cry. no show, forfeit, whine (even top players who have a chance to win prize) what do you think will happen to a tournament with no prize pool?
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I don’t think people primarily sign up for the prize. Some do, like Raphael, but the majority do not.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

In theory people should just play because they signed. That's not how it works in practice. If people don't have fun, and have no incentive to play, they won't.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Mitoe wrote:I don’t think people primarily sign up for the prize. Some do, like Raphael, but the majority do not.
@lordraphael CALLED OUT
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Mitoe wrote:I don’t think people primarily sign up for the prize. Some do, like Raphael, but the majority do not.
It depends a lot on the person, and there are many reasons :
1) Have fun playing competitive games
2) Prize
3) Prove yourself

Neither of these work for TLS in this situation tbh. Also he knows he probably won't get a somppu ban because he didn't even sign up in the first place. He "kindly" accepted to replace hazza
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

princeofcarthage wrote:People signed up cuz there is a chance to win prize, if they just want to play they can schedule and play whenever and however amount of games they want. How many people do you think would sign up without a prize for tournament? Sure once of twice you may get good sign ups, but that is all. People cry. no show, forfeit, whine (even top players who have a chance to win prize) what do you think will happen to a tournament with no prize pool?
Just no. The majority of people signing up for seasonal tournies know they won't get a single penny because you have to be top 4 or so. if people signed up only for the bucks we'd basically be hosting only invitationals.
And this is also true for the EPL which is primarily a fun event in which you barely get any money at the end. We're sharing the prize with like 6 or 7 other people or something...

"if they just want to play they can schedule and play whenever" this is so dumb lol. As if playing casual games was the same as trying to go as far as possible in a tournament. You know you can try to achieve something not only for money... I'd enjoy winning a challenging tournament without any prizepool much more than an easy $100 showmatch.
I genuinely can't understand how you manage to reach these conclusions. I'm having a hard time not flaming you right now.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

I also don't think he'd mind a ban anyways, as he isn't a fan of playing in tourneys
Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:He "kindly" accepted to replace hazza
He "kindly" ruined the event a bit more. Would have been better off finding another player than him who would play his matches seriously and until the last one. He didn't have to accept if he didn't want to.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Kaiserklein wrote:
He "kindly" ruined the event a bit more. Would have been better off finding another player than him who would play his matches seriously and until the last one. He didn't have to accept if he didn't want to.
Suggestions ? TLS is the only champion level player who was available tbh.
Great Britain boyu
Musketeer
ESO: boyu

Post by boyu »

Kaiserklein wrote:I'm having a hard time not flaming you right now.
Forget unit control, exceptional levels of self-control here on display xD
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Tournaments are cool and the EPL is cooler, because it's a tournament that you're guaranteed to play someone at your level every single week.

Players like playing tournaments because it's heightened competition. Ladder games are purely recreational, tournament games are something more. Results are recorded and matter. Preparing for a series can be fun, incredibly educational, and the reward if you do well is greater than a simple ladder game. I think humans do things because they want to improve at them, and tournaments are the very space to prove that. It's good to surprise yourself. It's healthy fun tbh ngl. Humans also form social nets which offer support networks and a sense of camaraderie and duty, which is why EPL is cool.

Players only motivated by monetary reward have already eclipsed the intrinsic rewards of the tournament format because they know they've already succeeded at being great, and being better than their opponents.

Raphael is a good example of someone who knows his own motivations, and didn't sign up when he couldn't commit to the duty aspect of a team tournament.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Suggestions ? TLS is the only champion level player who was available tbh.
Prince himself to begin with. Idk if they asked raphael or erik. Can probably find others, or have miggo be champion and find someone to replace him.
Anyway it's not the point, if he's not gonna play it to the end, then he can just not play at all.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Erik and Raphael were asked and declined. Prince had the option to play but declined also.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Replacing hazza with TLS was the only option honestly. Even now, I still believe that it was the right decision.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

deleted_user wrote:Tournaments are cool and the EPL is cooler, because it's a tournament that you're guaranteed to play someone at your level every single week.

Players like playing tournaments because it's heightened competition. Ladder games are purely recreational, tournament games are something more. Results are recorded and matter. Preparing for a series can be fun, incredibly educational, and the reward if you do well is greater than a simple ladder game. I think humans do things because they want to improve at them, and tournaments are the very space to prove that. It's good to surprise yourself. It's healthy fun tbh ngl. Humans also form social nets which offer support networks and a sense of camaraderie and duty, which is why EPL is cool.

Players only motivated by monetary reward have already eclipsed the intrinsic rewards of the tournament format because they know they've already succeeded at being great, and being better than their opponents.

Raphael is a good example of someone who knows his own motivations, and didn't sign up when he couldn't commit to the duty aspect of a team tournament.
Well you are saying the same thing, place in society is what humans crave for. "I will be considered good and maybe get a place among high level players if I reach far in tournament" is an incentive or motivation to participate or play in tournament. Maybe I phrased it incorrectly, my point being was that in EPL after certain stage there is "NO" incentive for player to play.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

so what's the current status, going to wait till end of the week in case tls shows up?
Image Image
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

EPL format is bad because 6 teams fighting over 2 spots will make alot of useless games in the last week, and that needs to be fixed if they do epl3. But mostly people needs to stop fucking quitting when they sign up, if they cant do that then just ban them. Rather a tourney with lower average pr when everybody tries 100% all through.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

@Hawk_Girl well there is still prize for 3rd and 4th afaik. So the games still matter kind of, except for us, at this point :D
Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Replacing hazza with TLS was the only option honestly. Even now, I still believe that it was the right decision.
Dude ofc it was the right decision from the admin side. They couldn't know. But it was not right by TLS
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hawk_Girl wrote:EPL format is bad because 6 teams fighting over 2 spots will make alot of useless games in the last week, and that needs to be fixed if they do epl3. But mostly people needs to stop fucking quitting when they sign up, if they cant do that then just ban them. Rather a tourney with lower average pr when everybody tries 100% all through.
Not really tbh, it's close enough that almost any team can win, at least until a few series before the end. Only when something happens like with SKG now the games feel pointless
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Looks like we're in a tough spot again. I was hoping after all this drama the event would peacefully conclude for SKG. I guess I was too optimistic.
Luckily I have 2 motivated and willing players who'd play instead. They might not play at the same level as TLS, but both of them possess very respectable trait. Reliability, which is something most of my roster's top players didn't have.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Victor_swe and JackGaming vs Kaiser with 30% HC; let's do this!