EP9: PORTUGUESE

Discussions for the last iteration of EP.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: EP9: PORTUGUESE

Post by Kaiserklein »

4 rof would be more awkward to use than 4.5 rof so people would dislike it even more.
Organs are already pretty good now, really more mobile than they used to be. 3 speed in shooting mode would be OP, that's like light cannons I think.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

That would be broken af, besides organs are very good with the unpack buff.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah organs always had pretty good stats. They just need to actually shoot lol, and now they do.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Maybe having the card granting only e.g 12 bows for 1400w, instead of 22 bows for 2200w, would be a good start? That way it wouldn't be OP but it would be a more affordable investment (since anyway the vet + guard upgrades on your crossbows is what really matters). And you could maybe use it in situations other than last resort.
This sounds like a really solid compromise on bestieros^
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

the current idea of 22 range cassas feel so weird, feels like several match ups will be weird vs ports, with cassas kiting every unit in game but carded longbow lol

why cant we just giveup on randon range/rof changes and just go back to RE cassador with a bit of extra hp?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

lemmings121 wrote:the current idea of 22 range cassas feel so weird, feels like several match ups will be weird vs ports, with cassas kiting every unit in game but carded longbow lol

why cant we just giveup on randon range/rof changes and just go back to RE cassador with a bit of extra hp?
Wanted to make a thread about this change after the beta gets released, but I’m fully expecting that this will change again somehow. I mostly just want to incentivize people to actually play the civ with this change and figure out builds to see if they’re good or bad.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

I just read that :
"PORTUGUESE
- Cassador rate-of-fire REVERTED to 3 (from 4.5)
- Cassador ranged damage decreased to 15 (from 25)
- Cassador cost REVERTED to 80f 35c (from 75f 35c)
- Cassador speed increased to 4.75 (from 4.5)
- Cassador range increased to 22 (from 20)"

I also suggest to change the name of the unit.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

^ Does this make them more "fun" to play?
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

iCourt wrote:^ Does this make them more "fun" to play?
No idea! But seeing as how most people in this thread didn't find 4.5 ROF cassadors very fun, I'd imagine that this probably would be more fun.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

I'm just glad you stuck to a unique change over some standardized crap. Seems to fit civ design well focusing on civs extra range gimmick.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Yeah, unfortunately I'm pretty sure it will be too strong and will need to be changed again.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

4.75 kinda ugly number
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Why is that? Lots of units have speed that ends with .75 or .25
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Mitoe wrote:Why is that? Lots of units have speed that ends with .75 or .25
Hanson Guide:

Arrow Knight 3.8 speed
Spy: 6.3 speed
Most Hand Cav: 6.8 Speed
Most Ranged Cav: 7.3 Speed

So no .25 or .75 I saw... but your point still stands. It's not really an ugly number given other unit speeds. Gotta love that guide seriously...
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

All of those units have .25 or .75. The guide is rounding up. ;)
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Hmm, is it rounding up in game then? Should test it and see if the game is reading that second digit.

I'm guessing he data mined the guide. I plan on going through each proto entry an add building hp to the bottom. That way mistakes like that won't happen.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

iCourt wrote:Hmm, is it rounding up in game then?
Here's a screenshot from RE patch.
Attachments
Annotation 2020-06-19 120705.png
Germany Makrokosmos12
Skirmisher
ESO: Templer12

Post by Makrokosmos12 »

I liked EP8 cassador with slow RoF more than the EP9 with 22 range but this change at least feels more unique and fun to play around with. It also requires a little more micro than a standard skirm which is good.

Kinda weird very little port play in the last couple of months so we dont rly know how strong the slow RoF cassa really was. Felt like people suggested random stuff and change the cassa again in this thread coz they havent actually tested the civ.

And to people who want want to standardize the unit because they cant micro and want the same unit for every civ, then stfu here and play france, Jesus.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Mitoe wrote:Why is that? Lots of units have speed that ends with .75 or .25
It's alright, it's just that no other unit has 4.75 speed iirc. The micro potential will be really nice with these cassa though. I like the change.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

I think having it both longer range and faster speed while having the same rate of fire as regular skirms is probably too much. If they have the longer range then i think the 4.5 rof is probably ok.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

You can revert the 22 range and 4.75 speed already, without testing, because it's lame as fuck
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Kaiserklein wrote:You can revert the 22 range and 4.75 speed already, without testing, because it's lame as fuck
+1

this is lacrosse forest prowlers, on an inca map, with 50 range resist. plzz. no
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

Yeah I think buying even more into Skirm/Goon (or Cass/Goon in this case) is not a good direction. Though there's a lot of Skirm/Goon bots out there hence so yeah... Being blunt, Dragoons are a really bad design and always have been (due to being a ranged cavalry unit that counters melee cavalry and then they have ranged resist on top of that) but I guess that's never getting changed and I'm not pushing that but I am strongly against any Goon buffs because of this.

I think the 4.5 ROF is fine, for as long as Besterios are a viable option throughout the game for people who want 3.0 ROF. Not some niche novelty. I agree with Kaiser though, it's going to be too strong for almost certain and doesn't address the 'they aren't fun' thing at the start of the thread and that's not due to 4.5 ROF Cass either, Port has always been unpopular since vanilla. Even if they don't become too strong balance wise due to the Cass change, it won't solve anything and such a change is likely to cause... headaches, to put it mildly.

Either leave it or try to gather more data and ideas on how Port could be more 'enjoyable' and 'unique' i.e not more boosts to their strengths in Dragoons which are already the best in the game. Well outside of considering Kaiser's suggestion of making royal guard globally 800/800 instead of 1000/1000.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Hey,

unnerf goons
Germany Makrokosmos12
Skirmisher
ESO: Templer12

Post by Makrokosmos12 »

Yeah, revert to 4.5 RoF cassador and try to think of something else. They are already really strong on water or on TP maps.
If anything they need help on low ress or standard maps without many TPs. Mostly because they consume so much food for their vill boom and then they get either temporarly outboomed by jap orbrit for example or cant hold a timing push from faster civs.
Maybye Port are just a niche civ which lead to people not playing it. But when i saw pro players with the civ, it it always felt really strong.