United States of America Squamiger
Lancer
ESO: Squamiger

17 Sep 2020, 02:33

dansil92 wrote:
I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:I wonder if we will finally get some female cdb's, ..... i'm asking on behalf of a mate of mine

Cdb always seemed to me like france was supposed to be like really metis focused, then they just like, didn't do that

yea that would have been cool. aztecs should have also had some spanish themes / units / aesthetics and not just be totally precolonial. macehualtin + lancers
the sax rider rides again
Germany Rohbrot
Lancer
ESO: Rohbrot

17 Sep 2020, 09:59

Squamiger wrote:
dansil92 wrote:
I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:I wonder if we will finally get some female cdb's, ..... i'm asking on behalf of a mate of mine

Cdb always seemed to me like france was supposed to be like really metis focused, then they just like, didn't do that

yea that would have been cool. aztecs should have also had some spanish themes / units / aesthetics and not just be totally precolonial. macehualtin + lancers

Azzy with lancers?
You know its coming but you wont hold it even when you petard my tc, the rohvolt is real.
Denmark voigt1240
Dragoon
ESO: voigt1240

17 Sep 2020, 10:06

The vast majority of the troops the spanish used to conquer the aztec empire were from various allied tribes also. A lot of cooporation went on between the spanish and the natives.
Germany Rohbrot
Lancer

17 Sep 2020, 10:09

Yes but the design wouldnt be the same as the spanish units are european and the allied tribes were natives.
You know its coming but you wont hold it even when you petard my tc, the rohvolt is real.
Argentina Jets
Musketeer
ESO: SsJetstream

17 Sep 2020, 13:14

Perhaps Spain could have more native shipments from Central American natives such as zapotecs, Maya and aztecs(macehualtins, jpk).
Same goes to the euro civs that holded some kind of relationship with the natives. As for French and brits that traded and equipped some north natives(tomahawks, Cherokee riflemen, Huron).
Native cards are really fun tho.
Germany Rohbrot
Lancer

17 Sep 2020, 13:17

:mds:
Jets wrote:Perhaps Spain could have more native shipments from Central American natives such as zapotecs, Maya and aztecs(macehualtins, jpk).
Same goes to the euro civs that holded some kind of relationship with the natives. As for French and brits that traded and equipped some north natives(tomahawks, Cherokee riflemen, Huron).
Native cards are really fun tho.

I would love to see decks which have new cards in it with new mechanics or just new buildings etc
Latvia harcha
Howdah
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

17 Sep 2020, 14:06

Rohbrot wrote:
Squamiger wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Azzy with lancers?

Top 3 most unlikely friendships
Argentina Jets
Musketeer
ESO: SsJetstream

17 Sep 2020, 14:22

I think the historical evidence shows that relationship in a submissive/menacing way. Spain employing aztec minor natives, not the other way.
Denmark voigt1240
Dragoon
ESO: voigt1240

17 Sep 2020, 14:30

Jets wrote:I think the historical evidence shows that relationship in a submissive/menacing way. Spain employing aztec minor natives, not the other way.

Agreed. What really drove Them together was a common enemy in the Aztec. Spain had further ambitions in the area after that though.
Germany Rohbrot
Lancer

17 Sep 2020, 15:02

I just want the artillery unit of act 1 which were trainable when played malta.
Great Britain chris1089
ESOC Community Team
ESO: chris1089

17 Sep 2020, 15:44

Rohbrot wrote:I just want the artillery unit of act 1 which were trainable when played malta.

Well I guess chakrams are basically like hoop throwers.
Chrising is turking except you win.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

17 Sep 2020, 16:13

I just want +2 range grens.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Latvia harcha
Howdah
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

17 Sep 2020, 16:33

@japanesegeneral wow that's a neat idea, which interview is that?
Germany Rohbrot
Lancer

17 Sep 2020, 17:32

chris1089 wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:I just want the artillery unit of act 1 which were trainable when played malta.

Well I guess chakrams are basically like hoop throwers.

Hoop throwers were much better than chakrams tho
Vietnam duckzilla
Lancer

18 Sep 2020, 05:47

I just want trainable Spahis
"To counter the pike-boom, you must become the pike-boom." - Karl V. (HRE)
Lancer

18 Sep 2020, 05:54

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallurg ... rn_America

During the Mississippian period (800–1600 CE, varying locally), elites at major political and religious centers throughout the midwestern and southeastern United States used copper ornamentation as a sign of their status by crafting the sacred material into representations connected with the Chiefly Warrior cult of the Southeastern Ceremonial Complex (S.E.C.C.).[26] This ornamentation includes Mississippian copper plates, repousséd plates of beaten copper now found as far afield as Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Tennessee. Some of the more famous of the plates are of raptorial birds and avian-themed dancing warriors. These plates, such as the Rogan plates from Etowah, the Spiro plates from the Spiro in Oklahoma, and the Wulfing cache from southeast Missouri, were instrumental in the development of the archaeological concept known as the S.E.C.C.[26]

The only Mississippian culture site where a copper workshop has been located by archaeologists is Cahokia in western Illinois, where a copper workshop dating to the Moorehead Phase (c. 1200 CE) was identified at Mound 34. Gregory Perino identified the site in 1956 and archaeologists subsequently excavated it.[27] Numerous copper fragments were found at the site; metallographic analysis indicated that Mississippian copper workers worked copper into thin sheet through repeated hammering and annealing, a process that could be successful over open-pit wood fires.[27]

i feel like maybe you could just change the animation of villagers on the gold mine, so they are doing "metallurgy" rather than mining with pickaxes. Make them use the same animation as they do for hunting or something?
No Flag helln00
Dragoon
ESO: helln00

18 Sep 2020, 06:12

Yeah act one so weird they dont allow you to have cannons but age 3 mortars was ok for some reason
Vietnam duckzilla
Lancer

18 Sep 2020, 15:06

helln00 wrote:

Yeah act one so weird they dont allow you to have cannons but age 3 mortars was ok for some reason

To be fair, having mortars before field cannons makes sense historically. The very early big boys were siege weapons, such as the guns of Urban who constructed the Ottoman bombards for the siege of Constantinople.
"To counter the pike-boom, you must become the pike-boom." - Karl V. (HRE)
Germany Rohbrot
Lancer

18 Sep 2020, 16:26

Great bombards!!!
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Crossbow

23 Sep 2020, 10:46

the more we got info about native civ in the DE, the less i wanna play (it) them, good job Aoe Nativ historical rectification edition
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

28 Sep 2020, 17:24

[36:33] :lol:
Lancer

28 Sep 2020, 18:23

as someone who can understand like 25-40% of the german he is saying, that was very funny hearing how excited he gets about culverins or the hot air balloon. and very funny seeing him stuck in age 1 getting rushed by the Iro bot
Germany Rohbrot
Lancer

28 Sep 2020, 18:45

It just looks so different than its original, will take time to feel good while playing.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

28 Sep 2020, 19:38

Warchiefs can convert outlaws, but not guardian animals. Instead there seems to be an attack ability with their weapon.
EP teepee eco auras preserved

Marketplace seems to work like a coin mine. The player starts with a free one, then has to build next ones for 25w each in a direct proximity to coin mines, and gather from the marketplaces like other civs would from the mines themselves. What is weird, is that when sioux gather from marketplaces, the amount of coin left on the mines decreases. Huh.

Firepit is basically untouched, only now it is simply called community centre or something like this in English. Instead of cool dances and cool fire, however, now vills walk around like loons. Haha.

building and unit icons are now quite beautiful
new voices
falconets sound weird
model look changes are a mixed bag so far

AI puts musks in melee vs cav, it seems
Germany Rohbrot
Lancer

28 Sep 2020, 19:52

They made WC now stromger with the spear ability, that kills guardians instead + outlaw convert...

Forum Info

Return to “Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition”