long game

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Re: long game

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Garja wrote:
miggo1999_ wrote:Another finite resource for walls does indeed sound like something awkward to implement at this stage. I don't think the goal should be to further nerf the stats of walls or their cost, as this would limit their viability in some interesting situations too much imo (like what Mitoe did in some recent games for example). I have since long and still am for implementing a wall limit, as this will make the kind of wall-spamming that 95% of players dislike an impossibility, while still offering decent protection when well-used. What the exact numbers should be idk, since it hasn't been done before, but I'm sure that would fix itself after enough players' input.
Not another, just coinfor bastion walls. 10w 5c
But coin is infinite in aoe3?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Well it drains your bank to some extent so if you keep making walls you will have less units. Even 10w 10c for bastion walls, if necessary.
Image Image Image
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Garja wrote:Well it drains your bank to some extent so if you keep making walls you will have less units. 10w 10c even for bastion walls if necessary.
why would 10w 10c be any different from something like 20w?
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

yea i guess I would support raising the wood cost higher rather than adding a gold cost. because the longer the game goes, the more wood becomes scarce, making the choice to invest in bastion walls less and less desirable as the game goes on. If it just costs more gold that's not that hard to work around, you just shift a few vills to a plantation.

but if this change is implemented, should people have the option to make either wood walls or bastion walls?
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

harcha wrote:you mean to tell me that there is a build limit on markets and stables?
the only defensive building ofc
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
Garja wrote:Well it drains your bank to some extent so if you keep making walls you will have less units. 10w 10c even for bastion walls if necessary.
why would 10w 10c be any different from something like 20w?
In mid game it's different, gold mines are more limited and harder to control.
Image Image Image
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

esocG
mad cuz bad
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:Balance aside it's always been very ugly from a design POV that late-game meta is covering literally every available square inch of map space in walls. They could just have a build limit like outposts do, make it scale with map or w/e. Low priority aspect of the game right now though so doubt it gets any attention in the foreseeable future. I'd also be fine with pillar deletion getting "fixed" but not a huge deal.
Isnt an arbitrary build limit for walls also very ugly design?
Maybe, plenty of precedent for it though considering all the other build-limited buildings. Whatever Garja is proposing sounds fine too.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

i want them to remove walls then i would be pr 40.
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Indonesia arivus
Musketeer

Post by arivus »

I think make wall only be able to be build on the town center los should do the trick if the current price unchanged. This change will make player placing tc more strategically and make those +tc limit card more worthy.