Update 50830

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Re: Update 50830

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Kaiserklein wrote:Okay, makes sense then. Stupid change regardless
They only wanted to buff your German mercs ff.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

So any good ideas for Empire wars BO yet?

For china i am actually trying rushing 300 export and GFA to get max crates from french consulate to and then sending northern refugees in once all villages are built to get 7 vil shipment.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Yeah I'm thinking builds that benefit from a lot of towers/buildings can be really nice. Like China Northern Refugees or some cheesy blockhouse/outpost turtle.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Meanwhile AoE4 is a success focused on 1 game mode.
Let's keep releasing more casual modes so we undermine the casual community base: Lost, Risk, etc.

China ziper
Musketeer
ESO: 井井井井井井井井井井

Post by ziper »

Now guard sharpshooter's attack have 24 range. Will it keep increasing until it becomes a new meta?
there are many better ways to buff USA i believe
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

ziper wrote:Now guard sharpshooter's attack have 24 range. Will it keep increasing until it becomes a new meta?
there are many better ways to buff USA i believe
So when Guard sharpshooter was 23 he was "weak" but now all of a sudden he is a beast?

I always liked Sharshooters as a unit they felt more unique than the other skirmishers, I think people were underestimating them.. some guys were using 5-10 sharpshooters in their unit compositions for that backline huge range damage and they were quite effective.

People were just too in love with the state militia + regular combo to even consider them.
No Flag a forum ghost
Musketeer

Post by a forum ghost »

musketeer925 wrote:FYI: not just empire wars. worth building saloon just for the trickle now?
EAGLEMUT wrote:The changes are intended to affect all modes, it is not a bug. The notes could be more clear but Interjection confirmed they just meant to say those changes were made mainly for EW to feel good, not that those changes are exclusive to EW.
Well, if it's gonna be on supremacy I think the only civ that benefits from it is probably US with the 3 Saloons build.
For other civs I don't think is particularly valuable, as the trickle itself is only worth about a single unupgraded vill on coin.

On other note, United States received a lot of other buffs this patch, but the one that is worrying me is the Carbine Cavalry having 14 range and the card Lee's Legion having half of the price.
Let's see how things evolve, but I think that 14 range Dragoons on age 2 could be quite annoying to deal with it.

helln00 wrote:yeah now china finally got a xp trickle building as well, though not that great tbh
Is even worth it to build a monastery as China though?

I tried out for a while using a monastery in combination with Mitoe's 3 villagers build order, because I thought that I might bypass the high population cost of the outlaws with the 80 pop space that all the extra villagers provide it and could provide somewhere I could spend gold if I'm doing CKN and Pikeman. Also in my head Comancheros and Woukou Horsemans could maybe provide reliable anti-cav if I managed to sneak in atonement since those units did not got their RR nerfed like Dragoons.

But to be honest, I feel like the results I got were quite mediocre, and more often than not I was just spamming the new African mercs on age2. :lol:

But I don't know, maybe I'm just bad... Do you guys have any idea on how make this work somehow?
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

a forum ghost wrote:
helln00 wrote:yeah now china finally got a xp trickle building as well, though not that great tbh
Is even worth it to build a monastery as China though?

I tried out for a while using a monastery in combination with Mitoe's 3 villagers build order, because I thought that I might bypass the high population cost of the outlaws with the 80 pop space that all the extra villagers provide it and could provide somewhere I could spend gold if I'm doing CKN and Pikeman. Also in my head Comancheros and Woukou Horsemans could maybe provide reliable anti-cav if I managed to sneak in atonement since those units did not got their RR nerfed like Dragoons.

But to be honest, I feel like the results I got were quite mediocre, and more often than not I was just spamming the new African mercs on age2. :lol:

But I don't know, maybe I'm just bad... Do you guys have any idea on how make this work somehow?
its going to be very outlaws dependent i think, like you say the African outlaws are going to be best with this and likewise Comancheros and the like will be worth looking into (pistoleroes are also decent if you get a mass of them going), wouko pirates (the melee one) might also be good, the wouko monk is good for sniping vils (they have a bonus vs vils for some reason).

I think for this sort of outlaws rush, going Porcelain tower age 2 is the way to go since you will need a lot of gold and the 3 village build is probably a must as well. Atonement I think is optional if you are going 3 village since the pop space is enough for a decent size army. Basically you will want to train musket/or anticav outlaws to compliment the CKN shipments ( even might be worth adding mandarin duck squad) and then sending pikes and steppe rider for siege. The xp trickle should help with getting more shipments to keep your army topped up and continue pushing
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

I think the monastery buff is more intended for an in-base sitting civ that would probably lose the TP, because TPs are generally better as I believe the rate is greater, they are cheaper and you can build them in age 1 and with a hero. So I think it's mostly a small buff to Japan really. Or maybe a buff to some explorer laming (because monastery has good explorer techs), which buffs less optimal China strats.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

I think there is a bug with inca on empire wars, they can build Kanchas with the free travois, which makes them boom like hell.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

that was by design choice i think
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

time to spam incan native rush on any map with 2 natives then
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Tbf I think there is some potential for interesting high XP builds with Japan if you go for TP, Dutch bank, monastery and switch the consulate to Spain.
India Realife_Brahmin
Skirmisher
ESO: Realife_Brahmin

Post by Realife_Brahmin »

harcha wrote:I think the monastery buff is more intended for an in-base sitting civ that would probably lose the TP, because TPs are generally better as I believe the rate is greater, they are cheaper and you can build them in age 1 and with a hero. So I think it's mostly a small buff to Japan really. Or maybe a buff to some explorer laming (because monastery has good explorer techs), which buffs less optimal China strats.
Thank you for pointing out the Japan buff. A weak civ like Japan could always use a buff or two.
United States of America dutchdude117
ESOC Community Team
ESO: Dutchdude117

Post by dutchdude117 »

Buff to Halberdiers... hmm I might give the game another chance
Attachments
Screenshot_20211111-131601_Chrome.jpg
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

I can't believe Cree Trackers were 18 range, like they would be ridiculously op in age2 games with Russia, Iro and Inca.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

For empire wars, Asian civs have the Land Reform card, which doubles the XP gain from buildings and if I'm not wrong is better then getting a XP from TPs ( rice paddy gives like 160 xp when built, castles give 120). This can make for some mean shipment spam
No Flag a forum ghost
Musketeer

Post by a forum ghost »

helln00 wrote:its going to be very outlaws dependent i think, like you say the African outlaws are going to be best with this and likewise Comancheros and the like will be worth looking into (pistoleroes are also decent if you get a mass of them going), wouko pirates (the melee one) might also be good, the wouko monk is good for sniping vils (they have a bonus vs vils for some reason).

I think for this sort of outlaws rush, going Porcelain tower age 2 is the way to go since you will need a lot of gold and the 3 village build is probably a must as well. Atonement I think is optional if you are going 3 village since the pop space is enough for a decent size army. Basically you will want to train musket/or anticav outlaws to compliment the CKN shipments ( even might be worth adding mandarin duck squad) and then sending pikes and steppe rider for siege. The xp trickle should help with getting more shipments to keep your army topped up and continue pushing
Yeah, the majority of the time I would go for Cannoneers (If they are available) because they are simply just too good of a unit too not make it... second option is Pistoleros or Comancheros (Depending if is a game where I need mobility I would go for Comancheros, or if I need siege damage I would go for Pistoleros).

Woukou Horsemen would be my first choice on Asian maps, because for my experience the Ronins generally just die... The problem could be me not the unit, because I don't seem to know how to play with heavy infantry, like, for example, I know people that are really good with Doppels as Germans, but when I have Doppels, they always seems to just die without causing significant damage... And sort of seem the same way with Ronins, so I generally just use them if I need siege damage on the army.

And on the Woukou Monk, honestly the only use that I found for the is specifically on New England, when you ship the Wokou Junk to the opponent lake, and train those guys to keep snipping vills and keep retreating to the ship when they are in danger to get caught. Is actually funny how lame this is.
And also I don't even know on what maps they are on the tavern. The wiki says it's only on Yellow River, which is a map that I haven't seen in ages, so I just assume is out of the QS. Which is a shame, because it was actually a quite decent map.
Is sort of funny that New England still is on QS, and Yellow River is not tbh. :uglylol:

And yeah, I generally go for the Porcelain Tower and some age 2 fighting with this build order. Although I never thought about including the Mandarin Duck Squad card... It could actually be useful, and it gives me idea of maybe mixing some flamethrowers.
Maybe some of those ideas can actually help refine this thing and maybe make it playable. So thanks. :flowers:

Also, on a unrelated note, @Mitoe (Or other people that play a lot of China), now that Keshiks are bundled with Steppe Riders on the castle, are castles worth doing on age 2?
harcha wrote:Tbf I think there is some potential for interesting high XP builds with Japan if you go for TP, Dutch bank, monastery and switch the consulate to Spain.
That could be a interesting build... I did tried out to make outlaws work as Japan because of all the extra pop space that the shrines give you.

And one thing that I remember trying was sending GFA on age 1 so you can get both the Bank and the Church (Church for the extra exp trickle) from the Dutch consulate quite quickly on age 2. I generally kept it the Dutch consulate for the coin trickle, but I guess you can switch it...
Only problem is that you would have to age with the Toshogu Shrine to get the export for this to work... so I imagine that I would need to find a way to sneak Seven Lucky Gods somehow to make this build work.

But maybe even a Torii Gates with 300 export shipment could be doable... I will test out some stuff tomorrow.

What is on your mind Harcha? Maybe we can come up with something.
France louis293
Musketeer
ESO: obelix293

Post by louis293 »

overall are jaguars buffed ? the stat are reduced a lot
jaguar update
jaguar update
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

louis293 wrote:overall are jaguars buffed ? the stat are reduced a lot
Capture.PNG

Their speed was buffed though.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
United States of America Dolphincup
Musketeer
ESO: Dolphincup

Post by Dolphincup »

iirc the changelog is not correct either. think it's only -15% HP.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Remember that you have until tomorrow to have these beautiful skins. So it does make you want to lose elo with the azzys
India iron_turtle
Skirmisher
ESO: iron_turtle

Post by iron_turtle »

ngl, the fire warchief skin looks so great. When I first saw it in a mp game, I instantly thought I was in a MOBA game (in a good sense). :P
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

looks cool but Idk, I have played with the other skin for more than 10 years, it feels weird ngl

hmm need aoe2 to unlock that, not gonna bother
Image Image Image
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

Garja wrote:looks cool but Idk, I have played with the other skin for more than 10 years, it feels weird ngl

hmm need aoe2 to unlock that, not gonna bother
you don't need it, the achievements just have aoe 2 references