Time To Micro

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Latvia Ungurs
Skirmisher
ESO: Ungurs

Time To Micro

Post by Ungurs »

For those of you interested, here's Time To Micro that's working on DE.
How to play:
1) place this file in C:\Users\user_profile\Games\Age Of Empires 3 DE\some_numbers\Scenario (might be different for some people)
2) in "host game" section, choose Scenario game type and select time to micro
Notes:
1) DE is full of bugs so don't expect this to work perfectly. I'm also not too experienced with scenario editing but I tested it multiple times and it seems like it's working as intended
2) you can't kick people from scenario lobbies for some reason, so if some random guy shows up, tell him to fuck off or just rehost
3) if someone leaves and a new player takes that spot, the player will be Spain (idk why, must be a bug of some sort). I'm not sure how this affects the scenario so I suggest just rehosting
4) the original Time To Micro scenario is made by Aizamk. I had a version which apparently was edited by Kaiserklein, and I took that one, so all credits to them
Attachments
TimeToMicroDE.age3Yscn
(56.58 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Re: Time To Micro

Post by Rohbrot »

AUngurs wrote: 2) you can't kick people from scenario lobbies for some reason, so if some random guy shows up, tell him to fuck off.
That's pretty the thing what was flotibull doing. :lol:
Spain pain train is real
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

The time to micro I have been waiting for a long time for the De, as soon as I can I will try it
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

someone needs to make Time to Macro tbh ngl
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

Squamiger wrote:someone needs to make Time to Macro tbh ngl
macro is easy until you accidentally select all on your vills
Spain Efraín
Skirmisher
ESO: Efraín

Post by Efraín »

Time to defend hard raids while u do micro ;D.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Yes. I'd like to know if players with top macro go with what feels the right balance or whether to start with they use exact numbers of villagers and then adjust.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

chris1089 wrote:
Yes. I'd like to know if players with top macro go with what feels the right balance or whether to start with they use exact numbers of villagers and then adjust.
Most of the time it's feeling, because treasures can impact your early vil distribution. E.g a 90 coin treasure is a lot towards your first batch in early colonial, so you can have less vils on coin then.
Only civ I split my vils in a certain way with is Germany, because it makes the macro easier, and for other reasons related to SWs
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

i guess Time to Macro is just called aoe3 DE multiplayer 1v1.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Kaiserklein wrote:Only civ I split my vils in a certain way with is Germany, because it makes the macro easier, and for other reasons related to SWs
How do you do that for Germans? My brain is so confused every time because you have to know how many SW are on which resource to know your exact vill allocation.
The easiest would be just to put all SW to coin, but sometimes you don't need that many on coin, so my head gets confused :hmm:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

In early colo, all SWs on coin or all SWs on wood, all vils on food. That will be a solid vil split in 90% of your games. Then pop new vils on the resource you need.

Btw all SWs on coin is never too much. It's more or less what you need for uhlans or dops, or to gather for an age up. Only in cases where you ff with 700g and need only 300g you'll have less vils (but it's easy to macro to get only 300g anyway) or if you gather for steel traps and / or mm when going bow pike (again, easy to macro).
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Kaiserklein wrote:Btw all SWs on coin is never too much. It's more or less what you need for uhlans or dops, or to gather for an age up. Only in cases where you ff with 700g and need only 300g you'll have less vils (but it's easy to macro to get only 300g anyway) or if you gather for steel traps and / or mm when going bow pike (again, easy to macro).
Yes, that's what I'm saying. I go Xbow/Pike quite often, so I was never sure if I should put all SW on one of those resources and then balance out on that, or if I should just split them (we usually have 8 or 10 SW in early game: 3 starting, 2 shipped, 3 shipped in age2 and then the 2nd shipment of 2 in age 2 again).
It gets a bit messy again when you distribute them later in the game because at some point, 10-12 SW are all you are gonna have in a 1v1 game and normal settlers will gather the same resource too. Just have to mentally imagine the +10 settlers on gold in this case I guess.
No Flag Kanoo
Skirmisher

Post by Kanoo »

Ungurs wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 11:17
For those of you interested, here's Time To Micro that's working on DE.
How to play:
1) place this file in C:\Users\user_profile\Games\Age Of Empires 3 DE\some_numbers\Scenario (might be different for some people)
2) in "host game" section, choose Scenario game type and select time to micro
Notes:
1) DE is full of bugs so don't expect this to work perfectly. I'm also not too experienced with scenario editing but I tested it multiple times and it seems like it's working as intended
2) you can't kick people from scenario lobbies for some reason, so if some random guy shows up, tell him to fuck off or just rehost
3) if someone leaves and a new player takes that spot, the player will be Spain (idk why, must be a bug of some sort). I'm not sure how this affects the scenario so I suggest just rehosting
4) the original Time To Micro scenario is made by Aizamk. I had a version which apparently was edited by Kaiserklein, and I took that one, so all credits to them
Does this still work in the latest version of DE?
thebritish wrote:
19 Jan 2016, 09:58
So, you are saying that if i watch H20's rec, i can beat anyone below H20's level because i know his BO?
United States of America Frontline
Crossbow
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by Frontline »

Kanoo wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:17
Here's an updated version from a couple weeks back that should work well.
Attachments
TTM_DE_Updated.age3Yscn
(101.1 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
No Flag Kanoo
Skirmisher

Post by Kanoo »

Thank you so much, Frontline!
thebritish wrote:
19 Jan 2016, 09:58
So, you are saying that if i watch H20's rec, i can beat anyone below H20's level because i know his BO?
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Frontline wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 17:44
Kanoo wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:17
Here's an updated version from a couple weeks back that should work well.
i might actually install steam and the game again just to play some ttm again :biggrin: