Confirmed AoE3:DE information

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Spain pérez
Pro Player
ESO: PĂ©rez

Re: Confirmed AoE3:DE information

Post by pĂ©rez »

"We then worked with top players in an early closed beta environment to ensure that it’s still fun and balanced. You mentioned the Fire Pit game mechanic too."
please whoever of the top players worked on this should be perma banned for tournaments as sirmusket has been for cheating couse these "top players" helped to ruin the game also. i would like to know what were these "top players" helping in the firepit delete couse literally aztec is a civ balanced and made around the firepit mechanic.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

pérez wrote:"We then worked with top players in an early closed beta environment to ensure that it’s still fun and balanced. You mentioned the Fire Pit game mechanic too."
please whoever of the top players worked on this should be perma banned for tournaments as sirmusket has been for cheating couse these "top players" helped to ruin the game also. i would like to know what were these "top players" helping in the firepit delete.
Were you in the beta? How do you know the game has been ruined
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Spain pérez
Pro Player

Post by pĂ©rez »

couse aztec civ was literally balanced around the firepit mechanic that is why.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I dont think they will remove the firepit entirely.
Image Image Image
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

pérez wrote:couse aztec civ was literally balanced around the firepit mechanic that is why.
I don't know exactly how it works, but this quote makes it sound like the new mechanic will function very similarly to the firepit.
WORLD’S EDGE: Based on the feedback we got from you and other consultants, we changed the Fire Pit to the Community Plaza (a building where Villagers work together to create benefits for your civilization) and went through the same beta process to balance this.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

pérez wrote:couse aztec civ was literally balanced around the firepit mechanic that is why.
Do you think that maybe they are changing how it is balanced and not just making one big change and doing nothing else?
Spain pérez
Pro Player

Post by pĂ©rez »

"The Fire Pit works magically in that having people dance around a fire somehow gives warriors on the battlefield more power"
Doesnt the tc works magically spawning vils without ppl having sex?
Idk everything they say make no sense, it is like saying that with wood and coin u can make a canons which have 1 horse and 1 person which are meat, or like saying that bastion walls cost wood but they are made of stone, quite offensive also for the ppl who works building walls of stone or the ppl who work mining stone irl. Nothing makes sense really.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

I'm offended that we don't actually see vills having sex and then watch the mother give birth. Would make everything so much more realistic and mean more.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

pérez wrote:"The Fire Pit works magically in that having people dance around a fire somehow gives warriors on the battlefield more power"
Idk everything they say make no sense, it is like saying that with wood and coin u can make a canons which have 1 horse and 1 person which are meat, or like saying that bastion walls cost wood but they are made of stone, quite offensive also for the ppl who works building walls of stone or the ppl who work mining stone irl. Nothing makes sense really.
They fuck inside the tc and birth fully grown humans instantly
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

And settler wagons are the result of a quickie at the mill
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

pérez wrote:"The Fire Pit works magically in that having people dance around a fire somehow gives warriors on the battlefield more power"
Idk everything they say make no sense, it is like saying that with wood and coin u can make a canons which have 1 horse and 1 person which are meat, or like saying that bastion walls cost wood but they are made of walls, quite offensive also for the ppl who works building walls of stone or the ppl who work mining stone irl. Nothing makes sense really.
I feel this is an distinctly unfair and unrealistic comparison you are trying to draw here.

It's all about representation. A TC or other building is not said or understood to be "magically" producing these things. It's a game and this is just the medium by which the process of reproduction/population growth & recruitment are conveyed.

The Fire Pit on the other hand is literally a "magical" or "supernatural" way of generating bonuses. It provokes thoughts of an uncivilized, primitive civilization and has no historical foundation. Changing the name and artwork of the building to the "Community Plaza" and changing the names of the dances to something else, you could have a very similar--or even identical--mechanic that represents something that is both more respectful and historically accurate.

I understand the frustration: change is always scary. I'm pretty scared that the mining change will make Haudenosaunee less versatile and fun to play. But unless they've changed how the Community Plaza functions entirely I really see no reason to complain here.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

I would like to see superbly trained European gunpowder units and the actually very dangerous Spanish crossbowmen the conquistadors employed. Why are these ashigarus and sepoi somehow better line infantry?
Spain pérez
Pro Player

Post by pĂ©rez »

Mitoe wrote:
Idk everything they say make no sense, it is like saying that with wood and coin u can make a canons which have 1 horse and 1 person which are meat, or like saying that bastion walls cost wood but they are made of walls, quite offensive also for the ppl who works building walls of stone or the ppl who work mining stone irl. Nothing makes sense really.
I feel this is an distinctly unfair and unrealistic comparison you are trying to draw here.

It's all about representation. A TC or other building is not said or understood to be "magically" producing these things. It's a game and this is just the medium by which the process of reproduction/population growth & recruitment are conveyed.

The Fire Pit on the other hand is literally a "magical" or "supernatural" way of generating bonuses. It provokes thoughts of an uncivilized, primitive civilization and has no historical foundation. Changing the name and artwork of the building to the "Community Plaza" and changing the names of the dances to something else, you could have a very similar--or even identical--mechanic that represents something that is both more respectful and historically accurate.

I understand the frustration, but unless they've changed how it functions entirely I really see no reason to complain here.
yes but what about cdbs? isnt that an offense to french girls? where is the feminism? crazy right? i am so offended now couse cdbs dont represent french people do they have also a historical foundation?
another thing is that the fire pit was shown in the trailer in the incan home city, u can see it in a moment.
so the new firepit mechanic will be accepted if the warrior priests just have a plaza to drink tea or ayahuasca and speaking about philosophy sitting around a table.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Oh no... I hope they didn't touch Warrior Priests or Skull Knights... those guys are badass.
Great Britain RuinousEdge
Musketeer
ESO: Ruinous_Edge

Post by RuinousEdge »

gibson wrote:
They fuck inside the tc and birth fully grown humans instantly
you forget the Dutch must buy there vills so therefore they endorse slavery ingame.
and the indian civ sculpt some wooden golems to be there vills so therefore they endorse dark magic/voodoo
I demand these things are fixed for historical accuracy!
!vikings, glory to Valhalla and GUA!!!!
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

XeeleeFlower wrote:I'm offended that we don't actually see vills having sex and then watch the mother give birth. Would make everything so much more realistic and mean more.
Why would that be realistic? What do you think the buildings are there for? ^_^
You can't see inside.. duh!
Great Britain RuinousEdge
Musketeer
ESO: Ruinous_Edge

Post by RuinousEdge »

aaryngend wrote:
XeeleeFlower wrote:I'm offended that we don't actually see vills having sex and then watch the mother give birth. Would make everything so much more realistic and mean more.
Why would that be realistic? What do you think the buildings are there for? ^_^
You can't see inside.. duh!
what about windows? open doors? archways?..duh!
!vikings, glory to Valhalla and GUA!!!!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

pérez wrote:
i am so offended now couse cdbs dont represent french people do they have also a historical foundation?
I don't think you're actually offended at all
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

pérez wrote:yes but what about cdbs? isnt that an offense to french girls? where is the feminism? crazy right? i am so offended now couse cdbs dont represent french people do they have also a historical foundation?
another thing is that the fire pit was shown in the trailer in the incan home city, u can see it in a moment.
so the new firepit mechanic will be accepted if the warrior priests just have a plaza to drink tea or ayahuasca and speaking about philosophy sitting around a table.
I'm not going to say that AoE3 doesn't have other prejudices or inaccuracies--it certainly does--but I don't think the CDB thing is a fair comparison either.

As far as I know, none of the Coureur des Bois were historically female anyway. And CDBs actually had a lot of relationships with Native American women, and their descendants actually became known as a new culture referred to as the MĂ©tis people. This is why France has such strong native upgrades in the game.

Overall it's a relatively historically accurate representation of the French colonists, although it is obviously putting a large emphasis on fur trading and native allies, and those were definitely very important parts of the French colonies.

The closest comparison to the firepit/nature friendship's mystical representation of these civilizations I can think of is maybe the monks & monastery upgrades for the Asian civs. I mean, we know that Japanese people can't teleport or dodge bullets, and the Shaolin Master can't convert animals or other people into human disciples. But I think the message behind this is different. We know Chinese/Japanese history, and these are references to things from popular culture. Unlike the Fire Pit mechanic--which is representative of a "primitive" or "savage" way of doing things; I mean, come on, "fertility" dance? Are they just having orgies or something?--these things are a nods toward positive representations of these Asian cultures.
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

A small thing that annoys me is that the brick bonds are not optimal in certain buildings in the game. Also some places there are joints on joints
United States of America caleb15
Crossbow
ESO: Caleb15

Post by caleb15 »

Mitoe wrote:

I understand the frustration: change is always scary. I'm pretty scared that the mining change will make Haudenosaunee less versatile and fun to play. But unless they've changed how the Community Plaza functions entirely I really see no reason to complain here.
I don't see the fire pit as being "magical". Most of the dances can be easily justified. The fertility dance, for instance, is based on fertility rites that are present in many cultures and really do increase fertility. The dances that spawn units is just another way of training units like a barracks or stable, or calling members of the town to defend it when it's in danger. The only ones that are arguably magical are the various attack dances, which I would argue represent increased morale. I would say those work in the same way Spanish unction works. Are the missionaries really blessing the muskets with +1 holy damage, or are they providing greater support, supplies, and confidence to the soldiers?

I suspect the "Community Plaza" will work the same way and just reframe the way the dances are described. However, I don't think this was a necessary change. I guess a bunch of native peoples dancing doesn't look good nowadays. Maybe they will just shout encouragement from the plaza now.
Squamiger wrote:i just want to see a group of Sioux villagers. they are circled around a gold mine. They are swinging picks... but zoom in closer. What's that? They aren't mining gold. There is a huge pile of beavers and they are beating them to death
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
pérez wrote:
i am so offended now couse cdbs dont represent french people do they have also a historical foundation?
Tbh i am. Offended is a little big but i would've liked women cdb. And tbh, this is one of the reason why i don't like France.
Spain pérez
Pro Player

Post by pĂ©rez »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
pérez wrote:
ofc i am not offended same as prolly all latin players arent offended of the firepit
No Flag Narida
Musketeer
ESO: Narida

Post by Narida »

I read the wiki article on the sioux once and it said they did dance as a kind of ritual to hope for more children or success in battle. So its not that far fetched, since soldier morale is real and the children can quickly become a self fulfilling prayer.

Anyway all this PC or not BS aside the real message here is that they heard our prayers! They literally deleted Sioux!!!!!!!!
No more firepit, no more mining, not even called Sioux anymore! I think everyone can rejoice from this news.
Bulgaria Tsar
Crossbow
GameRanger ID: 2879147

Post by Tsar »

The graphics look more cartoony, dont they?