Confirmed AoE3:DE information

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Re: Confirmed AoE3:DE information

Post by Rohbrot »

For me he isnt banned tho. Or what you mean with banned?
Spain pain train is real
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

How is it shadowbanned, this channel showed up in the ESOC sidebar as an AOE3 stream. I could watch AOE3 DE for a few minutes, before they moved on to other stuff.
It's a big channel, as you can see, with 425K followers.

Too bad they don't have Past Broadcasts saving enabled, so you can't see what they streamed today automatically.
Damn, I should have screen-captured it, so I could actually show that DE gameplay right now.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Ah, sad. Would have liked to watch it, lucky dolan watched it. :P
Spain pain train is real
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeah, I doubt I was the only one who noticed DE was streamed live on Twitch, though, since some users raised this NDA issue in the chat:

So, that's it.. DE has been leaked, it's over for Microsoft.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

I think he may have had permission or something since there wasn't a watermark. But I don't understand german so idk
oranges.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@Aizamk
Did you see the DE stream too, that was live just some minutes ago?

PS. Nvm, I guess if you're talking about the lack of a watermark, you must have seen the stream.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Dolan wrote:How is it shadowbanned, this channel showed up in the ESOC sidebar as an AOE3 stream. I could watch AOE3 DE for a few minutes, before they moved on to other stuff.
It's a big channel, as you can see, with 425K followers.

Too bad they don't have Past Broadcasts saving enabled, so you can't see what they streamed today automatically.
Damn, I should have screen-captured it, so I could actually show that DE gameplay right now.
From what I'm seeing, the channel is currently not listed in its category on the Twitch interface, despite having the highest viewer count. Shadow ban probably doesn't apply to API like ESOC is using.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I believe what happened here is the guy had a press pass, so in effect had the full game to review, but there's still a NDA on content from it until the release.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

Only 2 small weeks left before we can play as the svenskdjævel anyway.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

There are a lot of youtube videos being posted in the last few hours, all from non English speaking content creators.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

This issue did come up in the chat when DE was streamed on this German channel. Here's an exchange, translated with Google:
GamingBlackLord87: ist RBTV gesperrt oder warum seh ich die nicht mehr in der online liste?
GamingBlackLord87: is RBTV blocked or why can I no longer see it in the online list?

@BlackLord87 shadow ban. gab wohl einige die einen NDA verstoß bei AoE 3 gemeldet haben
@ BlackLord87 shadow ban. there were probably some who reported an NDA violation at AoE 3
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer

Post by voigt1240 »

There will always be leaks on games and music albums for example. I don't agree with microsofts harsh stance on the NDA.
Personally i think leaks just help create hype about those things. But i can understand and respect their decision, as should we all.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Maybe twitch automatically shadow bans temporarily after a lot of reports or something. I guess we'll know for sure once articles on gameplay start coming out (or not).
oranges.
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

They prob have the autorisation since this week end cause there are many youtube videos poping of players with full game unlocked and no watermark.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

flontier wrote:They prob have the autorisation since this week end cause there are many youtube videos poping of players with full game unlocked and no watermark.
I also think so. Just look at this nearly 2 h video... he says at the beginning that he has a "test version" and is a complete newbie to this game

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

That's what I've seen on Twitch like a bit more than 1 hour ago. It's surprising they actually loaded it on Youtube. That probably also breaks the NDA.
It really shows that the NDA didn't work and it was probably not even necessary. It would have served them better if they just released some gameplay spoilers themselves.
Unless this leak was actually done on purpose and someone at Microsoft finally came to their senses and realised the potential of using this tactic to your advantage.
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

I am sure it has nothing to do with breaking the NDA, keeping in mind the sheer amount of videos that are popping up on youtube at the same time today. Microsoft probably allowed quite a few content creators to publish some videos as a sort of preview
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Dolan wrote:That's what I've seen on Twitch like a bit more than 1 hour ago. It's surprising they actually loaded it on Youtube. That probably also breaks the NDA.
It really shows that the NDA didn't work and it was probably not even necessary. It would have served them better if they just released some gameplay spoilers themselves.
What do you mean "didn't work"? The NDA's have assumedly prevented people from leaking knee-jerk reactions to earlier beta iterations when the game was in a much more unpolished phase. Now there are some "leaks" with 2 weeks to go before the game is released with players basically playing on the finished product, I don't see how that means the NDA "didn't work".
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

That was very unprofessional of Rocket Beans then xD
They are the last remnants of GIGA Games from the early 2000s, being a 24/7 gaming and other similar content type of broadcasts channel.
They should actually know that they are still under NDA. I mean, all other magazines and channels do the same with nvidia, where the results of their tests can only be published at date X.

I think I'm gonna watch the youtube video, seeing as I'm a native german speaker I understand everything of it :kinggreen:
To my personal enjoyment, leaks of multiplayer games don't faze me, it's not like a movie or a story-rich game where spoilers can taint the whole experience.

But out of courtesy to the devs I would never ever leak something myself. That's just not cool. Their game, their rules.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@Cometk You could use that negative feedback to improve on the game and make sure the release version will streamline any issues reported by beta testers. It's not like the public won't buy the game because a beta version was reported to have some bugs. That buggy version won't be what the public will be offered anyway.
Based on the footage I've seen on that Twitch stream, the game looked good, so there was some potential to hype the DE before release.
But I think information embargo is just Microsoft's traditional policy, it's part of their corporate culture which is shaped more by lawyers and legal stuff than marketing or PR teams.

Microsoft divisions be like:

United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Dolan wrote:@Cometk You could use that negative feedback to improve on the game and make sure the release version will streamline any issues reported by beta testers.
I mean, isn’t this the express purpose of a closed beta in the first place? I don’t think mass public sense that the game is buggy and shit is going to make the devs fix those bugs any faster. You’re just asking them to endure negative press lol
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Gosh Florentin is so bad, it hurts. Is it so hard to read the damn fucking manual of the original game so you actually half-way know what you are doing?
It's like watching someone trying to shoot a new gun and you just see him tripping...
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Cometk wrote:I mean, isn’t this the express purpose of a closed beta in the first place? I don’t think mass public sense that the game is buggy and shit is going to make the devs fix those bugs any faster. You’re just asking them to endure negative press lol
It depends how close to being finished the product is, I suppose. If it's too buggy, then yeah, I agree with you, it would make no sense to allow any leak. If the beta reached a playable stage and there are just a few minor bugs left to fix, then I think leaks could help build some hype.
Crunch time before launching a game happens a lot in gamedev, tho, so I guess ymmv.
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer

Post by voigt1240 »

I think It's fun to not follow a manual when building ikea shelves. Games alike. Just let it flow and see what happens.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

voigt1240 wrote:I think It's fun to not follow a manual when building ikea shelves. Games alike. Just let it flow and see what happens.
Not when it's your job to show others what a game has to offer. Do you like cooking shows where nothing works ?