Confirmed AoE3:DE information

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Re: Confirmed AoE3:DE information

Post by voigt1240 »

aaryngend wrote:
voigt1240 wrote:I think It's fun to not follow a manual when building ikea shelves. Games alike. Just let it flow and see what happens.
Not when it's your job to show others what a game has to offer. Do you like cooking shows where nothing works ?
He is a twitch streamer. I don't think entertainment necessarily needs to have a set plan. I think a cooking show can differ in that way, if its purpose is to be educational. I think he values entertaining his audience, over showing what the game has to offer. Which is fair.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

From a comment thread on one of the videos:
"Ich habe die Erlaubnis diese Videos zu zeigen als Preview. Klar du kannst alle deinen Freunden den Link zu diesem Video schicken."

So I guess they're not bound by NDA...?
oranges.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

Yeah one of the guys said he has Microsofts permission to post single players content.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

voigt1240 wrote:
aaryngend wrote:
voigt1240 wrote:I think It's fun to not follow a manual when building ikea shelves. Games alike. Just let it flow and see what happens.
Not when it's your job to show others what a game has to offer. Do you like cooking shows where nothing works ?
He is a twitch streamer. I don't think entertainment necessarily needs to have a set plan. I think a cooking show can differ in that way, if its purpose is to be educational. I think he values entertaining his audience, over showing what the game has to offer. Which is fair.
He's not a singular streamer, he is part of something bigger. They have tons of different show formats.
Aizamk wrote:From a comment thread on one of the videos:
"Ich habe die Erlaubnis diese Videos zu zeigen als Preview. Klar du kannst alle deinen Freunden den Link zu diesem Video schicken."

So I guess they're not bound by NDA...?
Well if he had the permission from M$, then it's okay. He should have said that in the beginning of the video though.
Yes, Erlaubnis is permission :P

Even people in the youtube comments are complaining that they let someone who doesn't know a lick about aoe3 test it. I mean he didn't even find the home city shipment mechanic :roll:
No Flag Little_Hussar
Crossbow

Post by Little_Hussar »

There are some sweden and inca videos up already

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_b6uv ... KIk9XVpbNw
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

I hope these sounds of an attack going on and the shipment ready are a joke. What is this??? 8-bit trumpets from the 1990s?

Seriously, who the fuck thought it's a good idea? The sound world of aoe3 had this pleasant quality all across the board, from musket shots to the interface sounds. Why ruin it?

And that intro transformed into a bloody cartoon...

dear Lord, it's like George Lucas editions to the original Star Wars...
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Imperial Noob wrote:I hope these sounds of an attack going on and the shipment ready are a joke. What is this??? 8-bit trumpets from the 1990s?

Seriously, who the fuck thought it's a good idea? The sound world of aoe3 had this pleasant quality all across the board, from musket shots to the interface sounds. Why ruin it?

Its like the Phantom Menance!
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Imperial Noob wrote:I hope these sounds of an attack going on and the shipment ready are a joke. What is this??? 8-bit trumpets from the 1990s?
Where did you hear those, I haven't seen them in the video you posted.
The only sound that sounds worse imo is that shooting sound that vills make when they kill a hunt. That used to be more dampened than what I've seen in the vid you posted.
I don't think it's that bad. Sure, it doesn't blow your socks off either, they didn't use some expensive graphical transitions rich in effects (like you see in some other games), but overall it seems fine to me. I expected them to do a worse job when they announced DE, but I think the final product seems actually an improvement over the old AOE3 engine. I'm saying this based on the videos I've seen, I haven't actually tested the game myself.
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer

Post by voigt1240 »

I was pretty dissapointed with the aoe2 DE sounds and voices. Hope aoe3 DE wont go down that same road. Does not sound too bad so far.
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

I'm getting less and less hyped the more gameplay I see.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

And you're right...
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

voigt1240 wrote:I was pretty dissapointed with the aoe2 DE sounds and voices. Hope aoe3 DE wont go down that same road. Does not sound too bad so far.
:lol:
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

It's the dumbest thing ever they don't let someone who actually know the game play test it. I'd say someone like SamuraiRevolution would surely be super positive (I understand why they would not want diarouga to stream his first game though ;)
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:It's the dumbest thing ever they don't let someone who actually know the game play test it.
Except they do... I don't know where have you heard that they don't. Those playtesters of course aren't streaming themselves testing the game.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

In this vid there are new politicians for age ups, who cost different amounts of resources. Wtf?
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

@Dolan there are other videos, including the one I posted on the previous page

Several more observations:
I like the new politicians very much. +1 attack range for melee infantry in age 2, hot air baloon, unlocking mercs in age3, guard piki in age 4... fun
When players advance to industrial, units seem to automatically get upgraded to vet (musks, huss). I don't know how to feel about that one...
Ports now have royal guard musks :idea:
warships now move in formations, not like preschoolers
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:It's the dumbest thing ever they don't let someone who actually know the game play test it.
Except they do... I don't know where have you heard that they don't. Those playtesters of course aren't streaming themselves testing the game.
Sorry I did not explained myself correctly. I wanted to say it's dumb they don't let some of them stream the beta.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

That Sweden dynamic surrounding Torps could be interesting. I also like that Caroleans look much more unique with their ranged boost against cavalry. Weak in musket fights, strong when defending artillery, which happens to be accessible in age II for Sweden.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

rip aoe3
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

look wrote:rip aoe3
RIP original aoe3, but welcome aoe3:DE, the newborn baby :ship:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I don't like the graphics. I'm able to welcome new additions such as the age-up politicians so long as they're executed well. My experience with Microsoft tells me that they won't be.
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer

Post by voigt1240 »

The graphics Are not my cup of Tea either. They Are a little too cartoony for my taste. But not too bad.
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

Wasnt there an option in aoe2de where u could basicly put the game back to thr original look? Original graphics, ui, etc
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

blackout wrote:Wasnt there an option in aoe2de where u could basicly put the game back to thr original look? Original graphics, ui, etc
Would use it instant.
Spain pain train is real
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Did anyone notice that the 'Colonial Age' got renamed?? :ohmy: Handelszeitalter, so basically the trading age.
The german name in the original aoe3 was Kolonialzeitalter.
I guess being named Colonial age was too much of a reference of the colonies that the europeans installed in foreign continents..