Confirmed AoE3:DE information

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: Confirmed AoE3:DE information

Post by harcha »

imagine announcing a remaster of a game which launched in this same year, not to mention in an event that does not yet exist. talking about gaming in 4k while the majority of users are using 1024x768 on hot stuff like this
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

harcha wrote:some more specifics would be appreciated
She was the one who announced the reveal and towards the end, almost slipped up that they had one thing more in store for us (which was the announcement of aoe4, but that was supposed to be a surprise announcement) :smile:
People were kind of disappointed that there was no aoe4, but I knew after her stuttering and reaction that there was one more thing coming our way :hehe:
That was the moment I knew aoe4 (or something similar) would be in development.
n0el wrote:Shannon Loftis?
Hm I don't know the name of her, but I just watched the VOD of the event again to confirm and I'm 99% sure that is her!
Everybody should thank her for her efforts! :flowers:
helln00 wrote:2007? u mean 2017 cause im pretty sure that DEs werent announced in 2007
Oh of course! Was a typo! August 2017 was the date! :blush:
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

n0el wrote:
duckzilla wrote:So.... when do we get further information?
I don't know, I was going to ask if they've said anything more about the stress test timeline.
Mid September.
United States of America fedjahnson
Skirmisher
ESO: gewitter_

Post by fedjahnson »

edeholland wrote:
n0el wrote:
duckzilla wrote:So.... when do we get further information?
I don't know, I was going to ask if they've said anything more about the stress test timeline.
Mid September.
Isn't that like right now?
The earth is hollow-Sircallen
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

fedjahnson wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Mid September.
Isn't that like right now?
Well, 14-20 is definitely mid September.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

I WANT INFORMATION NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

i bet it's sep21
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

It looks like Tilanus Commodor, the lead developer from the Napoleanic Era mod, had some creative influence over the new Swedish and Inca civilizations. So it seems some of the speculation drawing comparisons between the mod and DE have something going for them... Here's the link to what he posted and a direct quote.

http://ne.elpea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2652#118481
Hey guys, I do indeed work on AoE3:DE! While I'm not the reason Sweden & Incas are in DE I have directed the creative processes on these 2 civilizations (and more). I'm sure you might recognize a few parallels to the NE Swedes, although I gotta say I like this new version even more. Cool

Anything else you see aside from new or updated content is indeed the work of our partner Tantalus Media.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Well hi @tilanus
mad cuz bad
No Flag maglev
Crossbow

Post by maglev »

Where will online play be? ESO? Or through some other means?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

maglev wrote:Where will online play be? ESO? Or through some other means?
Other means. Over Xbox Live servers.
No Flag maglev
Crossbow

Post by maglev »

Have addressed any of the balance concerns?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

maglev wrote:Have addressed any of the balance concerns?
Yes. According to recent interviews, it sounds like they've put in a lot of balance changes based on what ESOC has done.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

I just hope they don't take the trainable spahis thing for real.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Jets wrote:I just hope they don't take the trainable spahis thing for real.
i hope they do
@aqwer
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Jets wrote:I just hope they don't take the trainable spahis thing for real.
Heresy!
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

I just hope they make pikes op as a shout-out to aizamk.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

What is this wierd system requirement?
Gt 430 or gtx 980.

Or will it run like flight sim 2020? :D
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Dsy wrote:What is this wierd system requirement?
Gt 430 or gtx 980.

Those are older graphic cards. GT 430 was launched in 2010 and GTX 980 in 2014, 980 is still a decent graphic card for 1080P gaming. 980 in fact in real world is probably better than 1060. This also just shows how small the improvements in speeds are despite what the marketing team says.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Gt 430 or gtx 980.

Those are older graphic cards. GT 430 was launched in 2010 and GTX 980 in 2014, 980 is still a decent graphic card for 1080P gaming. 980 in fact in real world is probably better than 1060. This also just shows how small the improvements in speeds are despite what the marketing team says.
Why would you compare a high-end card from the 900 series with a low-end card from the 1000 series?
The 1080 for example is quite a bit better than the 980. They are just one generation apart. So it is quite obvious that not any 1000 series can trump the best 900 series line.
I personally think that the requirements for aoe3:DE are kind of low.
An average Intel CPU from 2011/12, a GPU equivalent to the GTX 1060 (which is your midrange GPU from 2016/17) and 16GB of RAM are recommended by the devs. I always disregard minimum requirements, as they don't mean anything. In recent years, the recommended specs are quite accurate.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

aaryngend wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Gt 430 or gtx 980.

Why would you compare a high-end card from the 900 series with a low-end card from the 1000 series?
The 1080 for example is quite a bit better than the 980. They are just one generation apart. So it is quite obvious that not any 1000 series can trump the best 900 series line.
I personally think that the requirements for aoe3:DE are kind of low.
An average Intel CPU from 2011/12, a GPU equivalent to the GTX 1060 (which is your midrange GPU from 2016/17) and 16GB of RAM are recommended by the devs. I always disregard minimum requirements, as they don't mean anything. In recent years, the recommended specs are quite accurate.
1060 isn't a low end card it's a mid range card. 1030 is the entry level card. Anyways the point is that 1060 isn't truly a new card. Just reworked 980 made cheaper to accommodate new card at higher price range. What I mean is that ideally "new" cards should be better than older ones while older one gets cheaper which isn't happening. In fact nvidia released "worse" cards which are comparable to 750 series (?) to accommodate lower end cards without offering anything new unlike 16 series which had RTX despite being worse than 1000 series
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

princeofcarthage wrote:1060 isn't a low end card it's a mid range card.
Yes it is. 1070 is the midrange card, while the 1080 and 1080 Ti are the high-end cards. 1050 and 1050 Ti are the true entry-level cards, while the 1060 is inbetween.
princeofcarthage wrote:Anyways the point is that 1060 isn't truly a new card. Just reworked 980 made cheaper to accommodate new card at higher price range.
What? New generations make everything cheaper across the board. It doesn't matter if a card is newer or older, what matters is the performance level.
High-end from 5+ years ago is Entry-level today.
princeofcarthage wrote:What I mean is that ideally "new" cards should be better than older ones while older one gets cheaper which isn't happening.
Sorry but you seem to have no idea what you are talking about ;) New cards are better and older series do get cheaper. So what is your problem?
princeofcarthage wrote:In fact nvidia released "worse" cards which are comparable to 750 series (?) to accommodate lower end cards without offering anything new unlike 16 series which had RTX despite being worse than 1000 series
No newer generation has been worse than the previous one :lol:
Maybe do your homework again. The only bad generations were the GeForce 5 FX series from 2003 or the Fermi series (some call it Thermi because of the high TDP and heat).
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

High end from 5 years ago isnt necessarily entry level today. I have a 1080ti with is like 4 years old and I promise you it will outperform the 3050 or w.e. the entry level 3000 series card is.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

gibson wrote:High end from 5 years ago isnt necessarily entry level today. I have a 1080ti with is like 4 years old and I promise you it will outperform the 3050 or w.e. the entry level 3000 series card is.
5+ years ago ;)
Pretty sure current or last-gen entry-level cards (like the GeForce GTX 1050 non-Ti) beat the GTX 480 quite easily.
There is a 6 year gap between both GPUs. That qualifies as 5+ years.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

aaryngend wrote:
gibson wrote:High end from 5 years ago isnt necessarily entry level today. I have a 1080ti with is like 4 years old and I promise you it will outperform the 3050 or w.e. the entry level 3000 series card is.
5+ years ago ;)
Pretty sure current or last-gen entry-level cards (like the GeForce GTX 1050 non-Ti) beat the GTX 480 quite easily.
There is a 6 year gap between both GPUs. That qualifies as 5+ years.
Okay, we will see next year if my 1080ti is better than the 3050 :flowers: