Confirmed AoE3:DE information

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Re: Confirmed AoE3:DE information

Post by Rohbrot »

Idk if u guys know already but i read on a games page that native civs wont mine gold anymore, so i have only one question, do you know how they will get gold at the market?
Spain pain train is real
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Rohbrot wrote:Idk if u guys know already but i read on a games page that native civs wont mine gold anymore, so i have only one question, do you know how they will get gold at the market?
by mining it
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

harcha wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:Idk if u guys know already but i read on a games page that native civs wont mine gold anymore, so i have only one question, do you know how they will get gold at the market?
by mining it
I thought we would see a animation where the vills are working at market to earn gold, like selling fruits or whatever they can sell. :hmm:
Spain pain train is real
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Yes we know but we can't talk about it.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

chronique wrote:Yes we know but we can't talk about it.
If u know it, it does mean its a public information, means we can talk about. ;)
Spain pain train is real
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Rohbrot wrote:
If u know it, it does mean its a public information, means we can talk about. ;)
inb4 banned
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

I imagine it might be something similar to market trade in age of mythology series
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Tbh this policy of information embargo on Microsoft's part is not very smart. This is how Apple beat them at marketing every time, by knowing how much and what to disclose ahead of a launch, just enough to hype up a product.
By contrast, Microsoft has always been absolutely awful at launching anything. They really need to learn how to work with hype and the media.

Sometimes disclosing details about a product about to launch really fires up expectations and gets those wallets eager to open up.
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

Dolan wrote:Tbh this policy of information embargo on Microsoft's part is not very smart. This is how Apple beat them at marketing every time, by knowing how much and what to disclose ahead of a launch, just enough to hype up a product.
By contrast, Microsoft has always been absolutely awful at launching anything. They really need to learn how to work with hype and the media.

Sometimes disclosing details about a product about to launch really fires up expectations and gets those wallets eager to open up.
I totally agree. Some companies probably even "leak" themselves to create hype/for free headlines.
I feel marketing has been quite bad, even I'm not hyped at all lol.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

somp wrote:Some companies probably even "leak" themselves to create hype/for free headlines.
yeah the entire smartphone industry
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

NDAs exist for a reason. Companies want to have full control what, when and how information is shared with the public.
RTS games are a niche and there is no point in overdoing the marketing gig as the results might be underwhelming compared to money spent.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

aaryngend wrote:NDAs exist for a reason. Companies want to have full control what, when and how information is shared with the public.
RTS games are a niche and there is no point in overdoing the marketing gig as the results might be underwhelming compared to money spent.
exactly this. i dont think u can atract non 10 years old the way apple is doing. afterall u wouldnt buy something either just because they leak more informations, but because ur interested in the product.
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

you underestimate how uncommon such rational thinking is among the majority of the audience @sebnan12
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

harcha wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:
inb4 banned
I got 1 week ban for posting that. Enjoy ban
@EAGLEMUT we share the same rules don't we?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

someone just has a real somp hard-on
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Hype is a thing you build up, by gradually disclosing tidbits of information about the upcoming product, to keep the fans energised about the launch. Microsoft just doesn't seem to know how to do this, lol.
You don't have anything to lose if you show some more details about the DE. It's not like another company will copy your work in just a few weeks and launch something before you.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

somp wrote:
harcha wrote:
Show hidden quotes
inb4 banned
I got 1 week ban for posting that. Enjoy ban
@EAGLEMUT we share the same rules don't we?
"That" is different to what you said. Please don't drag this thread down.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

Jerimuno wrote:you underestimate how uncommon such rational thinking is among the majority of the audience @sebnan12
i might be. nontheless i appreciate the way microsoft is handling their launching of aoe 3
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

NEED MORE XP
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Dolan wrote:Hype is a thing you build up, by gradually disclosing tidbits of information about the upcoming product, to keep the fans energised about the launch. Microsoft just doesn't seem to know how to do this, lol.
You don't have anything to lose if you show some more details about the DE. It's not like another company will copy your work in just a few weeks and launch something before you.
I think you are a bit too harsh on Microsoft here. Nowadays it isn't too uncommon to barely hype up games before launch, a good example would be Apex Legends: there was no media coverage of the game at all it simply got released and BOOM!
The only way they advertised the game was through twitch streams and it all went well.

You should also remind yourself that this game is just a rehash, not a completely new game. There's only so much hype that can go into projects like this.
Age of Empires IV will be hyped to oblivion, you can bet your ass on that!! ;)
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

aaryngend wrote:
Dolan wrote:Hype is a thing you build up, by gradually disclosing tidbits of information about the upcoming product, to keep the fans energised about the launch. Microsoft just doesn't seem to know how to do this, lol.
I think you are a bit too harsh on Microsoft here. Nowadays it isn't too uncommon to barely hype up games before launch, a good example would be Apex Legends: there was no media coverage of the game at all it simply got released and BOOM!
The only way they advertised the game was through twitch streams and it all went well.

You should also remind yourself that this game is just a rehash, not a completely new game. There's only so much hype that can go into projects like this.
No, I'm right and you're wrong.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Dolan wrote:
aaryngend wrote:I think you are a bit too harsh on Microsoft here. Nowadays it isn't too uncommon to barely hype up games before launch, a good example would be Apex Legends: there was no media coverage of the game at all it simply got released and BOOM!

No, I'm right and you're wrong.
Can't argue against such finesse, gg, you win :ship:
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

dont give up yet use uno reverse

NEED MORE XP
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Mitoe wrote: As far as I know, none of the Coureur des Bois were historically female anyway. And CDBs actually had a lot of relationships with Native American women, and their descendants actually became known as a new culture referred to as the Métis people.
I always wondered why metis from agecomm was called... metis. This explains it. Nice bit of trivia.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

How is that NDA working for Microsoft, when this guy is streaming DE right now?

https://www.twitch.tv/rocketbeanstv

The stream is over now, but you could see AOE3:DE streamed live on this German Twitch channel, despite the NDA.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Dolan wrote:How is that NDA working for Microsoft, when this guy is streaming DE right now?

https://www.twitch.tv/rocketbeanstv
Seeing as his Twitch is shadow banned, I'd say pretty well.