Swede and Inca speculation thread

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Swede and Inca speculation thread

Post by Squamiger »

here's some screenshots of units from the trailer with annotated thoughts. seems like Inca will get unique ships, and possibly similar units to Aztecs, with erks / jpk / macehualtin, and pikemen. Swedes look like they have a weird tiny cannon, plus muskets and cav that look like hackapells. anything else anyone noticed?
slingers.png
spearman_rax.png
swede.png
OP.png
boat.png
erk_jpk.png
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Re: Swede and Inca speculation thread

Post by musketeer925 »

looks like the sod roofs are only age 1
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

i just hope they dont make 0-map control civ. Other than that they can be balanced however they come out.
I would like pike & musket civ bonus for sweds, without xbows for age2 compositions. Units can be adjusted accordingly, maybe faster & lower range musk in order to charge and higher attack pikes with lower multiplier vs. cav idk. Looking sweed houses they should have some bonus.
Incas are incas.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

The weird tiny cannon is horse artillery btw.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

what? no its too tiny
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

Those Swedish musketeers have something special they have armor reminiscent of conquistador, like that of aoe2, will they be similar to the Jan in stats?
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Suriname kaister
Lancer
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: I Date My Cousin

Post by kaister »

MAKE TWC GREAT AGAIN #TeamInca #TeamSioux #WknaW #TeamIro #TeamAztec #TeamGib #FreeSomali

United States of America fedjahnson
Skirmisher
ESO: gewitter_

Post by fedjahnson »

I appreciate the song choice
The earth is hollow-Sircallen
Argentina RFijo
Crossbow
ESO: RFijo
GameRanger ID: 2007595

Post by RFijo »

Inca shogunate?
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

I hope hackapels get 10x vs any swede unit
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

@kaister will have 4 civs now, watch out.
mad cuz bad
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

MAKE TWC GREAT AGAIN #TeamInca #TeamSioux #WknaW #TeamIro #TeamAztec #TeamGib #FreeSomali

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

any speculation on what type of civ inca will be? They will seemingly be similar to azec, but need to be different enough as well. Will they even have the fire pit mechanic? Their boats seem like a more advanced culture. Aztec hav some of the best infantry, so they in turn will need to be a strong infantry civ... hmmm...

Swedes seem like a mix of german and ports, as in a port with a strong melee game and light cannon to back it up. That could work. We need more melee civs.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

also I hope these art of war challenge missions are like taking sides of famous battles or something. like starting out with a couple hundred troops to take a map.... seems interesting, especially if can be multi player aspect.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

look at the screenshots on the website, they seem to be all new map types? or are they just compositions for a screenshot?
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

my predictions:

Inca is a turtle and boom civ, like Ports or Japan. Gonna be Kynesie style play, with super OP Incan stone masonry and a strong late game economy. This will be to balance out TWC civs, since the other three all have pretty bad late game ecos, and mostly are oriented around rush or FF and have pretty weak economies in general. Any ideas what the civ bonus could be? Maybe

From the looks of Sweden so far, I'm guessing it will be a musk / huss civ, with some kind of civ bonus around houses, just based on how much detail seems to have gone into them. Probably will have a good navy or fishing potential, based on history relationship to the North Atlantic and vikings and things. I'm also going to predict a Doppelsoldner type unit but with an axe-- the Lumberjack.
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon
ESO: VooDoo_BoSs

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

Squamiger wrote:my predictions:

Inca is a turtle and boom civ, like Ports or Japan. Gonna be Kynesie style play, with super OP Incan stone masonry and a strong late game economy. This will be to balance out TWC civs, since the other three all have pretty bad late game ecos, and mostly are oriented around rush or FF and have pretty weak economies in general. Any ideas what the civ bonus could be? Maybe

From the looks of Sweden so far, I'm guessing it will be a musk / huss civ, with some kind of civ bonus around houses, just based on how much detail seems to have gone into them. Probably will have a good navy or fishing potential, based on history relationship to the North Atlantic and vikings and things. I'm also going to predict a Doppelsoldner type unit but with an axe-- the Lumberjack.
Having a smaller footprint for a farm - to simulate mountain-side farms - would be a pretty cool thing as well. I.E. - they don't need a lot of space to Turtle.
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

That would be interesting yea. Some more speculation:

MAYBE, in order to draw in AoE2 players and to address the complaints people have been having about AoE3 for so long, the Inca civ will have drop-off points for resources. This would work perfectly with the historical examples of Incan food and resource storage facilities, called Qullqas: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qullqa. Of course you'd have to somehow compensate for the disadvantage / raidability of this feature. Or, a qullqa might just be an economic building that would increase gathering rates or something, like Sioux teepees.

Inca Roads - maybe a tech to increase speed of units

Mit'a: mandatory labor service within the empire: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mit%27a. Maybe Incan civ will train villagers differently? Instead of villagers you might have conscripted laborers.

A barracks, or maybe some more advanced military building, might be called a tambo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tambo_(Incan_structure)
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Squamiger wrote:That would be interesting yea. Some more speculation:

MAYBE, in order to draw in AoE2 players and to address the complaints people have been having about AoE3 for so long, the Inca civ will have drop-off points for resources. This would work perfectly with the historical examples of Incan food and resource storage facilities, called Qullqas: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qullqa. Of course you'd have to somehow compensate for the disadvantage / raidability of this feature. Or, a qullqa might just be an economic building that would increase gathering rates or something, like Sioux teepees.

Inca Roads - maybe a tech to increase speed of units

Mit'a: mandatory labor service within the empire: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mit%27a. Maybe Incan civ will train villagers differently? Instead of villagers you might have conscripted laborers.

A barracks, or maybe some more advanced military building, might be called a tambo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tambo_(Incan_structure)
what a neat idea about a function to turn a villager into a military unit. Like just make a vil, but in pinch can convert it to a MM like unit
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

i honestly hope they don't just take the lazy road out and make Incas a generic "native" civ, with a war hut and firepit, and names in English for all the units. Hopefully they did some research into specifically Incan and Andean terms
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:also I hope these art of war challenge missions are like taking sides of famous battles or something. like starting out with a couple hundred troops to take a map.... seems interesting, especially if can be multi player aspect.
iirc they also had this thing introduced in aoe2DE and it was basicly small missions to teach u multi-player mechanics. So for aoe2 it was for example showing u how to do this boar stuff which u have to do in the beginning of each game. For aoe3 it's gona be stuff like herding, scout mechanics and things like that I guess
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Btw does this also mean that we will have a new minor native to replace inca? cause I dont want to lose the OP training and speed upgrades.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

helln00 wrote:Btw does this also mean that we will have a new minor native to replace inca? cause I dont want to lose the OP training and speed upgrades.
Hopefully they will just rename them to another minor native tribe that existed at a similar time period.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

Hopefully they dont make another Otto or Iro or Japan that is super lame and broken
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

TNT333 wrote:Hopefully they dont make another Otto or Iro or Japan that is super lame and broken
Why do you hope they don't do that? It would be hilarious
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix