Aoe3 DE Gameplay Interview

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: Aoe3 DE Gameplay Interview

Post by harcha »

deleted_user wrote:ah yes, the unanimously agreed upon definitions of "mentally balanced," "fine line," and "extremes."
TNT333 wrote:Which is why......
#modtheear
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
comradecommissar wrote:
iNcog wrote:mods please
At this point, I've given up on @edeholland actually having it in him to ban the outwardly racist fuck who continues to refer to someone with a racial slur despite being told a billion times about it, among other things. Didn't realise ESOC was this terribly run a place.
He's already been given a warning and a temporary ban (1 day). This morning, I read there was more controversy. He will receive more bans if he does not improve his behavior. Why is this not satisfactory for you?

Remember, the Ear and cheddar are still free citizens on these forums. The mods don't like to hand out bans, but if they must they will.
Shitposts in off topic aren't the same as being racist, whether you do it "ironically" or not
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Pakistan comradecommissar
Dragoon
ESO: ComradeCommissar

Post by comradecommissar »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
comradecommissar wrote:
iNcog wrote:mods please
At this point, I've given up on @edeholland actually having it in him to ban the outwardly racist fuck who continues to refer to someone with a racial slur despite being told a billion times about it, among other things. Didn't realise ESOC was this terribly run a place.
He's already been given a warning and a temporary ban (1 day). This morning, I read there was more controversy. He will receive more bans if he does not improve his behavior. Why is this not satisfactory for you?

Remember, the Ear and cheddar are still free citizens on these forums. The mods don't like to hand out bans, but if they must they will.
You didn't even take down his posts? Lol. Also, a 1 day temp ban for repeated racism sounds appropriate, sure, but I don't even want to get into that anymore.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Taking down posts is censorship. It should be avoided as much as possible.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Ye, you want to lock threads, ban people if necessary (although that's something that should be avoided if possible), but deleting posts doesn't improve the situation.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Imperial Noob wrote:Taking down posts is censorship. It should be avoided as much as possible.
In my eyes, this is a blatantly wrong statement. If a post contained nothing but a short racial slur, then deleting said post is not censorship. Another example would be the spread of blatantly racist lies such as holocaust denial. Again deleting would not be censorship, because the post does not contain anything but insults and misinformation.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

duckzilla wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:Taking down posts is censorship. It should be avoided as much as possible.
In my eyes, this is a blatantly wrong statement. If a post contained nothing but a short racial slur, then deleting said post is not censorship. Another example would be the spread of blatantly racist lies such as holocaust denial. Again deleting would not be censorship, because the post does not contain anything but insults and misinformation.
spam is a different topic
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

Depends on the post and the context with which it was taken down
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

Good ol Ivan (the Terrible person)
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Shitposts in off topic aren't the same as being racist, whether you do it "ironically" or not
You're right. Shitposting is a far worse crime.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

comradecommissar wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You didn't even take down his posts? Lol. Also, a 1 day temp ban for repeated racism sounds appropriate, sure, but I don't even want to get into that anymore.
The mods don't delete posts. That's the policy on these forums. The one-day temp ban was not for repeated racism, but it was an emergency brake until the mods could take a proper look at it.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:The mods don't delete posts. That's the policy on these forums. The one-day temp ban was not for repeated racism, but it was an emergency brake until the mods could take a proper look at it.
They may not delete them, but sure as hell they remove some. So far, I got like 5 posts of mine removed :uglylol:
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Depends on the post. Spam has to be removed, otherwise it will still be disturbing. Same with posts that are derailing threads.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

edeholland wrote:Depends on the post. Spam has to be removed, otherwise it will still be disturbing. Same with posts that are derailing threads.
It wasn't only a singular post of mine that got removed, but a whole other lot of posts from various members all referencing each other.
Posts where someone talked too much while being under NDA and me notifying them about it, I get why these get removed. Other times I'm like whaa? :ohmy: Where'd my post go :o
Bulgaria Tsar
Crossbow
GameRanger ID: 2879147

Post by Tsar »

I like to think of the game as alternate history where natives adapt to the European tech advances (except Aztec they still make no sense to me). After all thats the only way they could compete, you can't fight a gunpowder army with stone age weapons.
Bulgaria Tsar
Crossbow
GameRanger ID: 2879147

Post by Tsar »

Paki + stan(homeland?) + i = Pakistani. in conclusion the term should not be offensive at all, its just a short version...
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@Tsar Stop
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

Words themselves have no power. They are only as powerful as we let them.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Can we stay on topic please. Thanks for making your point @Tsar but can we talk about the gameplay interview? This belongs in another thread.