Do you care about the change of american civilization?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Re: Do you care about the change of american civilization?

Post by Squamiger »

it also has nothing to do with George Floyd because literally no one has complained about this and it's related in no way
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
giveuanxiety wrote:Unfortunately it seems like something they were forced to do. It's pretty clear that its going to make those civs less fun to play. Hopefully it is just slightly bad and not completely broken.
Forced by who, and also how is this mechanic you know nothing about "pretty clear" to be worse
Forced by the native community and the SJW.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

we really need asinine shit in EVERY thread don't we
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Cometk wrote:we really need asinine shit in EVERY thread don't we
This thread was created for this exact reason honestly.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

giveuanxiety wrote:The change would not be done if George Floyd never died. His death raised a change in society. That's why their also working on renaming american football teams like the redskins. (I never said this was a bad thing to make these changes. Im just stating what lead to these changes being made)
tbh i think you're projecting here ngl
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

I could be wrong, but it seems strange that they would fix the historical inaccuracies for those 2 civs but then ignore the other 12 civs.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
giveuanxiety wrote:Unfortunately it seems like something they were forced to do. It's pretty clear that its going to make those civs less fun to play. Hopefully it is just slightly bad and not completely broken.
Forced by who, and also how is this mechanic you know nothing about "pretty clear" to be worse
How do you know this?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

giveuanxiety wrote:I could be wrong,
Yep
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

it's definitely a stretch to say the developers were FORCED by anyone to make certain changes instead of ascribing the changes to the more plausible assumption that the developers SOUGHT to make changes to more accurately reflect the civilizations portrayed
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

lol it's a little weird you saying I'm wrong and you're 100% right without knowing the situation. Neither of us can confirm were 100% right.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

giveuanxiety wrote:lol it's a little weird you saying I'm wrong and you're 100% right without knowing the situation. Neither of us can confirm were 100% right.
Well I'm just going off what the developers have said, whereas you proposed some alternate theory with no evidence that also doesn't really matter at all, so it's weird to assume those two positions are the same
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

fightinfrenchman wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes
How do you know this?
Assumptions, I don't know who exactly forced these changes, maybe it's just some native devs, but I doubt it. I know that it's political though.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
How do you know this?
Assumptions, I don't know who forced these changes. I know that it's political though.
How do you know this?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

giveuanxiety wrote:lol it's a little weird you saying I'm wrong and you're 100% right without knowing the situation. Neither of us can confirm were 100% right.
i hope you realize that you sound very conspiracy theorist---
you make some very big jump connecting unrelated things and then say that is weird that other people don't see it your way, saying how they cannot prove the opposite
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

The SJWs raided the studio and held the developers hostage, threatening them with being cancelled, if they didn't change the way gold-mining worked for the Native Civilizations :shock:
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

Ehh anyone else seeing what is going on in the world the last few months? Constant protest and riots. Talk about changing sports names, movies and books.

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

harcha wrote:
you make some very big jump connecting unrelated things and then say that is weird that other people don't see it your way, saying how they cannot prove the opposite
I wouldn't say that it's directly linked to Georges Floyd (though it totally could), maybe GUA has more info than us. But it's pretty obvious that it is for political reasons, and not for accuracy, as we've explained several times.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

giveuanxiety wrote:Ehh anyone else seeing what is going on in the world the last few months? Constant protest and riots. Talk about changing sports names, movies and books.
from outside looking in america is doing the usual american things. you should realize that you've always lived in a country which is run by crazies
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
harcha wrote:
I wouldn't say that it's directly linked to Georges Floyd (though it totally could), maybe GUA has more info than us. But it's pretty obvious that it is for political reasons, and not for accuracy, as we've explained several times.
How is it not for accuracy when it makes the portrayal of the civilizations more accurate? :hmm:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

giveuanxiety wrote:Ehh anyone else seeing what is going on in the world the last few months? Constant protest and riots. Talk about changing sports names, movies and books.
Ye, exactly. That's what I was saying in the other thread. They decided to remove mining from aoe3 for native civs just like statues and paintings were destroyed, high schools, movies and books renamed etc.
Let's be honest, this would never have happened 10 years ago. It's pointless to discuss whether it's right or wrong, because people have a strong opinion about it and will never agree, but please don't call us conspirationists while this is quite obvious.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
harcha wrote:
again, i just think they didn't want to repackage someone elses work if they didn't agree with the content. so they decided to change the content. you can argue about the motivations of developers, i don't really care
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

Garja doesn't like racists
Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Cometk wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes
How is it not for accuracy when it makes the civilizations portrayed more accurately? :hmm:
The civ is portrayed more accurately, but that's secondary. Please don't start with your whataboutism again, you know that only natives were changed, and not all the european flags which are wrong, nor the unit inaccuracies, because natives got persecuted, and not europeans.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Cometk wrote:
Show hidden quotes
How is it not for accuracy when it makes the civilizations portrayed more accurately? :hmm:
The civ is portrayed more accurately, but that's secondary. Please don't start with your whataboutism again, you know that only natives were changed, and not all the european flags which are wrong, nor the unit inaccuracies, because natives got persecuted, and not europeans.
Let's say you are correct. Why does that matter?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Cometk wrote:
Show hidden quotes
i think that is primary, and what you're projecting is probably secondary