What tournament do you want to see first in DE?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.

Traditional Major
69%
Weekend tournament
21%
EPL
10%

Total votes: 67

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

I dunno if esoc wants to share their opinions and see what might be planned first. Also when would you want the tournament to start? 1 week after launch? 2 weeks? 1 month?
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Re: What tournament do you want to see first in DE?

Post by Squamiger »

i want a "fresh out of the box" tournament, only swedes and inca allowed. Day 1, first hour after release. Make the top players compete without ever having played those civs before, and with no developed meta, and see what they come up with.
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

I'm all for a tourny, i just hope one civ isn't a tier above the rest on release.
United States of America jap_jon
Musketeer

Post by jap_jon »

giveuanxiety wrote:I dunno if esoc wants to share their opinions and see what might be planned first. Also when would you want the tournament to start? 1 week after launch? 2 weeks? 1 month?
I'm curious about how relevant ESOC will be. I don't mean this as a slight. I mean it in the sense of "how many people/ what type of support might DE attract."

I personally don't know enough about the rest of the RTS world to know if this sort of release will actually
attract much attention.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Squamiger wrote:i want a "fresh out of the box" tournament, only swedes and inca allowed. Day 1, first hour after release. Make the top players compete without ever having played those civs before, and with no developed meta, and see what they come up with.
If any top players are involved in the closed beta they'd have quite the advantage (wait, are these civs in the closed beta?? :hmm: ).

But I agree, I think ESOC should host showmatches day 1 for $50, $100 w/civ rules that necessitate new civs and that'sh what I posted in the staff forums. No reason to wait, and every reason to capitalize on the audience when it peaks (at release).

This is also an especially economically-driven good time to get rid of fascists and racists on the forums if that's your thing but what do I know.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Ill showmatch against @Zutazuta for free as long as my comp can handle this.
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

deleted_user wrote:
Squamiger wrote:i want a "fresh out of the box" tournament, only swedes and inca allowed. Day 1, first hour after release. Make the top players compete without ever having played those civs before, and with no developed meta, and see what they come up with.
If any top players are involved in the closed beta they'd have quite the advantage (wait, are these civs in the closed beta?? :hmm: ).

But I agree, I think ESOC should host showmatches day 1 for $50, $100 w/civ rules that necessitate new civs and that'sh what I posted in the staff forums. No reason to wait, and every reason to capitalize on the audience when it peaks (at release).

This is also an especially economically-driven good time to get rid of fascists and racists on the forums if that's your thing but what do I know.
fascists are current something like the antifa movement? right? they are ignorant, they break things, and they make anarchy. the world is no longer the same.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

giveuanxiety wrote:Also when would you want the tournament to start? 1 week after launch? 2 weeks? 1 month?
2 weeks or 1 month later. People can get accustomed to the new game a bit and I bet there will be at least one patch release for bugfixes already.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

I would wait a bit before making a major tournament, all new civs are hard to understand in aoe3, and even with playtest, all asian civs were broken at launch. Would be bad if the first big aoe3de tourney that brings the viewers happen in the first week and we realise something is broken and is full swede mirrors, or the opposite and we see no new civs.

I think some weekend tournaments would be awesone, but I would wait a least a month before the big major.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Smol event

followed by a biggerer one
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

I think a "weekend showcase" or something along those lines would be cool. It's probably best to hold off on hosting a major tournament with a large prize pool in case one or both of the new civs are broken.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

I don't think any particular event, I just think that ESOCTV should host a streaming marathon for the first week to ensure that it remains the top channel for all aoe3 content. Also make sure to insert back the community taunts to confuse all the new people.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

Where is the "WOL Jamboree 4" option? :)
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Great Britain RuinousEdge
Musketeer
ESO: Ruinous_Edge

Post by RuinousEdge »

It would be nice to keep at least 2-3 days upon launch of DE a nearly constant ESOCTV stream going. This should help showcase this community to the potential new fans the DE will bring, be that showmatches, hosting other top players streams (which will help the top players gain new fans for there own channels) and similar things, maybe even a potential small funded 1 day tourney if any community members are feeling generous to cover prizes (i.e. no more than £50 overall, maybe split £35/£15 for finalists or all or nothing winner takes all)
!vikings, glory to Valhalla and GUA!!!!
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Interjection's mini-FFA map, of course.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Its gonna be interesting to see if top aoe2 players start playing some, and if so how long it takes them to catch up with the top aoe3 players
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

gibson wrote:Its gonna be interesting to see if top aoe2 players start playing some, and if so how long it takes them to catch up with the top aoe3 players
For them to improve and become better than the natural aoe3 players it would require them to leave aoe2 behind and focus on aoe3 only.. which is not gonna happen.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I dont think so, theyre automatically gonna be coming in at probably at least like the pr25 level if not higher. If they put in 15 or so hours a week in a few months they could easily be pr35+. They also play video games more+ are better natural gamers than aoe3 players.
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

Aoe2 is for robots with little logic, on aoe3 there will be more
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I don't see any reason why they should play aoe3 when they have their own AOE2:DE
Image Image Image
Musketeer

Post by RuinousEdge »

Garja wrote:I don't see any reason why they should play aoe3 when they have their own AOE2:DE
we don't take kindly to the aoe2 kind 'round here!
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Acttualy what I meant is simply that they have a more popular game with better tourneys.
Image Image Image
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

Post by robo »

RuinousEdge wrote:
Garja wrote:I don't see any reason why they should play aoe3 when they have their own AOE2:DE
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Musketeer

Post by RuinousEdge »

Garja wrote:Acttualy what I meant is simply that they have a more popular game with better tourneys.
I was joking, good use for a south park gif that was all. I actually own and play aoe de, aoe2 de and aoe3 (de preordered).
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

robo wrote:
RuinousEdge wrote:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Are you going to organize any tourney for AOE3 after this? :flowers:
Image Image Image