What tournament do you want to see first in DE?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.

What tournament do you want to see first in DE?

Traditional Major
69%
Weekend tournament
21%
EPL
10%

Total votes: 67

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: What tournament do you want to see first in DE?

Post by deleted_user »

United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Can’t wait to see him bash the aoe3 euro trash and get rekt by Mitoe.
mad cuz bad
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Squamiger wrote:
giveuanxiety wrote:Ya I think they can if they study game instead of just playing it, but you guys dont remember that aoe2 player who use to stream aoe3 for a little bit. He was at like pr 25 or so.
it's interesting that pr 25 is the level where you can be a pr 25 for very different reasons. if this guy was an aoe2 pro, he was probably pr 25 because he had amazing mechanics and micro and apm but a pretty basic or shallow understanding of the aoe3 civs and the build orders. whereas i am someone who has played for years and I feel like understand most civs decently, and have a pretty good build order knowledge for a few of them, but my mechanics and micro and apm just sucks to shit
I feel this in my soul
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

deleted_user wrote:
You copycat.. Cometk posted that link already :P
He just linked it instead of embedding like you :!:

See here:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

lemmings121 wrote:I'm pretty sure a top aoe2 player in 50 aoe3 games would get above current pr30 here. in any rts there is a huge skill transfer.
To get to the very top, would obviously take time, but to be competitive would be really fast.
Not in 50 games. It takes more time to learn a game. I'm obviously not as skilled as the top aoe2 players but my experience playing sc2 and 100 games of aoe2 showed me that it takes more than 50 games to be able to know the units/MUs/BOs.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

dansil92 wrote:
Squamiger wrote:
giveuanxiety wrote:Ya I think they can if they study game instead of just playing it, but you guys dont remember that aoe2 player who use to stream aoe3 for a little bit. He was at like pr 25 or so.
it's interesting that pr 25 is the level where you can be a pr 25 for very different reasons. if this guy was an aoe2 pro, he was probably pr 25 because he had amazing mechanics and micro and apm but a pretty basic or shallow understanding of the aoe3 civs and the build orders. whereas i am someone who has played for years and I feel like understand most civs decently, and have a pretty good build order knowledge for a few of them, but my mechanics and micro and apm just sucks to shit
I feel this in my soul
As do I :D. Though really in my case it's because of my insistence to do silly things.

Speaking of silly things, if it were up to me? I'd make the first tournament rather casual. Inclusive as possible. Not single elimination or even double. A big problem with AoE3 and ESOC is that it's always been rather 'exclusive'. But hey, we are talking of 'silly things'.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

dansil92 wrote:
Squamiger wrote:
I feel this in my soul
This and
- just cba to use control groups
- cba to practice/play regularly
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Not in 50 games. It takes more time to learn a game. I'm obviously not as skilled as the top aoe2 players but my experience playing sc2 and 100 games of aoe2 showed me that it takes more than 50 games to be able to know the units/MUs/BOs.
I always wonder how good you were/are in SC2. Difference between low and high GM is also quite big I'd say. Beastyqt for example was a good player and a decent pro, but he is no Stephano, Serral, Scarlett or HeRoMaRinE. He also kept retiring and unretiring.
Astaroth wrote:This and
Didn't you say that you reached PR40 in the past, Mr. Astaroth? Are you that gifted?? :ugly:
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

aaryngend wrote:Didn't you say that you reached PR40 in the past, Mr. Astaroth? Are you that gifted?? :ugly:
What the fuck is your problem with me? I did, in fact pr 42+, but that was in 2008 and Idc if you believe me.

I never even talked to you yet you seem to have some massive issue with me :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

aaryngend wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Not in 50 games. It takes more time to learn a game. I'm obviously not as skilled as the top aoe2 players but my experience playing sc2 and 100 games of aoe2 showed me that it takes more than 50 games to be able to know the units/MUs/BOs.
I always wonder how good you were/are in SC2. Difference between low and high GM is also quite big I'd say. Beastyqt for example was a good player and a decent pro, but he is no Stephano, Serral, Scarlett or HeRoMaRinE. He also kept retiring and unretiring.
Astaroth wrote:This and
Didn't you say that you reached PR40 in the past, Mr. Astaroth? Are you that gifted?? :ugly:
I'm not "good" at sc2. My best level was low master 1 after like 2-3k games. The level in sc2 is obviously much higher than in aoe3, but the point is that it's not easy to become a top player, even if you have some RTS experience.
That's why I don't think that aoe2 players could become top players in less than a year or two.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

I would like to see
1) an 24h/48h streaming marathon of casual/show-match games just upon release to capitalise on the hype.
2) a quick small tournament like a week after release.
3) a big seasonal major as soon as the main initial bugs and balance issues have been patched.

1) should feature a new civs vs ancient civs format in order to showcase the new civs and get a quick feeling of their relative strength compared to the rest of the civ pool.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

Wastebin Warriors of Trashcan Troy.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:I would like to see
1) an 24h/48h streaming marathon of casual/show-match games just upon release to capitalise on the hype.
3) a big seasonal major as soon as the main initial bugs and balance issues have been patched.
This sounds perfect.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

I think it won't be a problem for at least a few aoe2 players to get into the top 32 within the first few months of launch, but I'd be surprised if any of them make it to top 8.
oranges.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Astaroth wrote:What the fuck is your problem with me?
Nothing, just asking a question :smile:
Astaroth wrote:I did, in fact pr 42+, but that was in 2008 and Idc if you believe me.
If you did that legitimately, people will know you. So who are you ? How did you reach that kind of PR without playing much and not using hotkeys at all?
Astaroth wrote:- just cba to use control groups
Any chance you are NightScr3aM? :lol:
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

I do not play much nor use control groups NOW, after not playing the game for over ten years and only playing a couple of games now and then. Never said anything about my playstyle back then.

I did know Nightscream actually. I could talk about my own account back then, but I cba. There's a reason I didn't pick my old name for this forum because I cba to talk in detail about the old stuff.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:I would like to see

1) should feature a new civs vs ancient civs format in order to showcase the new civs and get a quick feeling of their relative strength compared to the rest of the civ pool.
Great idea. Definitely want to see a tourney or set of show matches where both new civs are made to play every old civ, maybe after like a few weeks so everyone can learn how the new civs work so we can see how they stack up