What will be the most OP civ in DE?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.

What will be the most OP civ in DE?

Britain
2%
France
4%
Spain
1%
Portugal
No votes
Germany
1%
Sweden
8%
Ottoman
7%
Dutch
No votes
Russia
No votes
Iroquois
4%
Sioux
1%
Aztec
No votes
Inca
21%
China
2%
Japan
13%
India
No votes
Garja
35%

Total votes: 85

Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Re: What will be the most OP civ in DE?

Post by duckzilla »

Squamiger wrote:if it truly has an aoe ranged snare, maybe it should be something like very expensive mansabdar unit. or it should have the speed of a falconet in fire mode or something. if it's just a goon that can snare cav before the cav can even get close, it becomes almost unkillable and it will be able to swing fights so hard, catch raids so easy, and force fights whenever you want
Nah that depends, e.g. on the unit speed itself or the units actual range. If the Bola Boys are a goon/inf mix unit with a speed of 4 and ranged bonus against cav, then snaring does not necessarily improve their performance against melee cav too much. There is a lot of room to put something fun like ranged snare into the game without making the unit blatantly overpowered. The fact that Bolas are thrown by hand might also indicate that the range is <12.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

How do we know the bolas unit snares?
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:How do we know the bolas unit snares?
Cause in the unit description it says the bola slows down enemy units.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Im imagining the bolas as somewhat like the manlet(considering it cost 2 pop), a somewhat slow-ish support units that counters the counter of the unit that it supports so in this case it slows down charging cav so that pikes can be more effective and scares off other units.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

Garja lol
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Could the Bola not have an effect similar to the Indian monk thing? So it slows them down by being near them or when the shoot a unit like the monks do when they go near enemy units.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

duckzilla wrote:
Squamiger wrote:if it truly has an aoe ranged snare, maybe it should be something like very expensive mansabdar unit. or it should have the speed of a falconet in fire mode or something. if it's just a goon that can snare cav before the cav can even get close, it becomes almost unkillable and it will be able to swing fights so hard, catch raids so easy, and force fights whenever you want
Nah that depends, e.g. on the unit speed itself or the units actual range. If the Bola Boys are a goon/inf mix unit with a speed of 4 and ranged bonus against cav, then snaring does not necessarily improve their performance against melee cav too much. There is a lot of room to put something fun like ranged snare into the game without making the unit blatantly overpowered. The fact that Bolas are thrown by hand might also indicate that the range is <12.
it's not about their performance against cav, it's about how good they would be at forcing fights that your opponent doesn't want to take, or catching raids. all the times you are a tiny inch too far away to snare the cav in your base, or you just barely miss connecting with your hand infantry against cav that poke in, with bolas you would get the snare and be able to engage
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

my guess is inca and swedes will start a little over powered for each styled civ they are.
But will be patched back
and france will retain is OP status in all fields.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I'd be willing to bet swedes are gonna play in some way like otto- either crate spam aggro or FF. Will be interested to see their revolt options as well. Could be the new iro. We will see.

Inca looks like the lovechild of ports japan and aztec, so no idea if they'll just suck against walls and skirms or if they'll break the game with a ranged snare.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I expect some copper mining flavor for Swedes. If I remember correctly, the Swedish copper mine in Falun supplied 2/3 of the entire European copper supply between 10th and 18th century and its revenues fuelled the Swedish golden era with its wars all over central and eastern Europe. It could be something like sending an eternal copper mine as a shipment or some other economic bonus.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

voted befor seeing garja :(
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP