New and Improved Maps in DE

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

New and Improved Maps in DE

Post by TNT333 »

What kind of maps are u looking forward to in DE?? Do u think it will balance the RE maps for DE?? Are some EP maps also gonna be in DE??
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Re: New and Improved Maps in DE

Post by forgrin »

They'd have to be pretty dumb to not at least release with the most popular EP maps as a standard set, and/or release new, balanced maps (since we're getting new civs I think new maps are almost guaranteed).

Tbh the maps are a solid 70-80% of the reason balance is better on EP.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

i want the entire EP maps pack, but I could see them also maybe releasing some historical geography maps, like a Mexico/Mesoamerica map, a Japan map, etc
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

From the videos released it looked like some ESOC maps were added to the game.
mad cuz bad
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

n0el wrote:From the videos released it looked like some ESOC maps were added to the game.
Yes, some of the shots clearly show esoc maps. I hope they didn't fix create spawns though. I would also like a bit more randomness on Esoc maps. These days I like Age of Empires 2 more because the spawns are a bit more random. Just like in other games, the creators always wanted randomness to be a factor. Let's not forget Bruce Shelly wanted the maps to be different each time you play. A creator philosophy that kind of got lost in Esoc Maps.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

bobabu wrote:
n0el wrote:From the videos released it looked like some ESOC maps were added to the game.
Yes, some of the shots clearly show esoc maps. I hope they didn't fix create spawns though. I would also like a bit more randomness on Esoc maps. These days I like Age of Empires 2 more because the spawns are a bit more random. Just like in other games, the creators always wanted randomness to be a factor. Let's not forget Bruce Shelly wanted the maps to be different each time you play. A creator philosophy that kind of got lost in Esoc Maps.
What do crate spawns have to do with maps?
mad cuz bad
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

the screenshots on the steam site look like all new location types.
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Can they just take the maps without permission from map creators...
Or was there a collaboration with esoc?
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Not really. Unless I missed something, there was Yucatan and a map resembling Gran Chaco but without tps or llamas. Plus the ground tiles were all green, instead of yellow/orange.
drsingh wrote:Can they just take the maps without permission from map creators...
I am as well interested in how this was communicated and handled.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

bobabu wrote:
Let's not forget Bruce Shelly said AoE3 was a huge mistake. I guess we should all blindly follow his philosophy and uninstall the game then :hmm:
Anyway, most players don't want less balanced maps and less balanced starting crates. It just sucks to play at a disadvantage right from the start.
BrookG wrote:
drsingh wrote:Can they just take the maps without permission from map creators...
I don't think anyone's gonna tell you, because of NDAs.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
BrookG wrote:
Not necessarily now, but upon release it can definitely raise a copyrights debate
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Probably hard to have much of a claim when the map is created in the game itself.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
bobabu wrote:
Let's not forget Bruce Shelly said AoE3 was a huge mistake. I guess we should all blindly follow his philosophy and uninstall the game then :hmm:
Anyway, most players don't want less balanced maps and less balanced starting crates. It just sucks to play at a disadvantage right from the start.
BrookG wrote:
Not the game itself was a mistake but to sell in as an Age of Empires title.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

BrookG wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Not necessarily now, but upon release it can definitely raise a copyrights debate
I don't think so. Pretty sure the license agreement covers that Microsoft had rights to any mods/maps/etc created for the game.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

musketeer925 wrote:
BrookG wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I don't think so. Pretty sure the license agreement covers that Microsoft had rights to any mods/maps/etc created for the game.
Well, I remember blizzard vs valve on dota
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

if DE doesn't bring FREE NEW MAPS CIVS MODS+++ i will be disappointed
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Would it be possible to make a Map Creator option in DE that simplifies map making a lot, so people like me who don’t know how to code could just whip up a map in scenario editor and it would convert into a playable random map? That would be cool
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Squamiger wrote:Would it be possible to make a Map Creator option in DE that simplifies map making a lot, so people like me who don’t know how to code could just whip up a map in scenario editor and it would convert into a playable random map? That would be cool
No, maps are random/dynamic, so you have to use scripting to define all the dynamicness. There's no easy way around that.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

im just waiting for a new experience when watching record games
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP