AOE3:DE Giveaway

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Re: AOE3:DE Giveaway

Post by sergyou »

Apreciation post to @EAGLEMUT for taking his own personal time to improve treaty gameplay. Kudos to you man :)
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

Appreciation to sirmusket for being the overall best person in the ESOC community.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

ESOC has always been in my daily routine of my life ,when i wake up i open esoc website and check out threads, news etc ,this website is the best for aoe3 hub ,i started loving when they created strategy wall ,it helped me alot on saving time and also recorded games section as well.Through this community i have met several awesome people @_RDX ,@Sergeant_Recker(+all the indian dudes) ,@Cometk ,@BrookG ,@Dennis234 ,@Rohbrot ,@uberjz ,@Sargsyan ,@perez ,@rsy ,@EAGLEMUT,@XeeleeFlower (you are the nicest person ever so far) the list goes on (sorry if i didn't mention you).....I wanted to cast games ,It was my dream and i have achieved it ,couldn't be done with cometk ,i have written guide to help new players not possible with this website ,play tournaments ,watch stream, if you see me in discord i always share link to esoc to help new people especially in samrev community ,whoever created this lovely website (@stanleywinston &h2o) thanks a lot ,i could never forget this place even if i tried to.
:nwc:
Pakistan -Darkryder-
Crossbow
ESO: Malik_Blue
GameRanger ID: 6089658

Post by -Darkryder- »

I nearly left Aoe3 after playing (only Vanilla & only team games on GameRanger) for like 4 years.

Once I got in touch with the community, it lifted my spirits. Seeing tournaments, top players, also encouraged me to play TAD and also 1v1 games. Enjoyed watching streams, and Rec is the section which I love the most. I love to watch @Mitoe rec games

Dont really have words to be thankful for the develeopment team for rest of the things like XPMOD etc.
Sargsyan wrote:gameranger legend malik_blue
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I'm happy that this community has XeeleeFlower. It is always a pleasure to read Xeelee's posts and I think contributions like this thread are more important to a small community like ESOC than people may realize.

I already pre-ordered, so please don't consider me for the little lottery.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
India ROCK
Crossbow
ESO: herbiemaster

Post by ROCK »

A very nice initiative :).The community has made me meet lot of people and made my years joyful by playing with them. Thank you :)
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

I appereciate @deleted_user4 and his existence in the community.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

@BrookG has been very friendly both playing games with me back in the day and giving me advice since I took up being a mod.
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

Thanks to everyone in the community, you guys are really special to me. Ever since I was a kid I loved aoe3 and finding out about esoc and similar people who also loved the game, I was thrilled!! I'd like to specially thank @Challenger_Marco for inviting me to his discord and introducing me to amazing people like RDX, Ungurs, Ace, etc., also thanks to @Cometk for his highly entertaining walls of texts, as well as his use of the English language(I topped English in school, I know what I'm saying). Also thanks to all the pros who keep this amazing game highly entertaining with new strats, and to the map makers for their contributions to this game. @deleted_user4 for being another great and funny person, really love your sense of humor. Floko, nick and lukas, the treaty gods who helped me improve my treaty gameplay, Garja for his Aztec guide which boosted me to pr20, and because he is Garja.Also Ear who I will continue to support till he becomes a mod. Really just wanna say that everyone in the community is amazing, keep it up guys.
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I am just gonna link viewtopic.php?p=469409#p469409 and also mention @Garja for creating the first ESOC maps and accepting his fate as the most persistent meme on this forum.
Also, october 12th is actually my birthday xD
As I surely cannot run DE, please just donate the money to ESOC if I am picked.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

My birthday is october 11th. So im older than you hah!
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Is it possible to gift games internationally? I think steam restricts that. The reason being that, for example, you pay four dollars in turkey for the game. If everyone paid 4 dollars, there would be no way for the game to make a profit.
In my country, the game costs 24 dollars.

I would suggest gifting the games to players from developing countries. Maybe Indians they have it rough already with the coronavirus raging through the country. Also, if you give if to a player from a developing country, you can gift the game to 6 players instead of 1 player.

You might be able to gift money through steam so they can go and buy age three definitive edition with the money you give them.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Victor_swe wrote:My birthday is october 11th. So im older than you hah!
I have the suspicion that you are older than me no matter which day your birthday is on :D
Ireland Snow Lynx
Musketeer

Post by Snow Lynx »

I think that what I most appreciate about the community is the positivity - yes there’s a vocal negative minority. But, the majority of ESOC’s population is positive. They enjoy the game, they enjoy posting about the game, and their positivity and welcoming attitudes is what drew us all here in the first place - to the point that even if someone makes an account for one day to ask help for even just one issue, they normally get helped within minutes. Would a community that doesn’t care about other people do that? I don’t think so :)

It’s proof that this is still a good place to be. Credit is due to the mods, the EP devs, the map devs etc who’s hard work we benefit from constantly, and who take our occasional (lol) complaining in their stride. Credits due to the average ESOC civilians, without their posts and game chat this would be a pretty quiet place. Any time I’ve made a thread about the game, despite it being a 15yr old game people reply and discuss away almost instantly. And credits also due to the lurkers - they may not post much on the forum, but they love the game still and help to keep it going. In many ways, everyone’s continued love for the game has convinced Microsoft that it’s worthwhile making a DE!

I don’t need the gifted game, but I just think threads like this is a good opportunity to remind ourselves that this is still a good place :)
How do you write a signature?
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

bobabu wrote:Is it possible to gift games internationally?
Oof, I didn't even think of that. I suppose if the winner is in a location that doesn't allow me to gift them the game, I can send a gift card instead...?
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Ye gift card works ,1 guy sent me a gift card from usa to india.
:nwc:
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

I want to shout out to @Mitoe for being great at everything and nice to everyone.

I want to thank @dansil92 for his amazing work on maps.

I want to praise the light side of @Diarouga for helping us noobs with strategic considerations (your vids were super nice too !)

(Also as a PhD student I'm super rich so don't include me in the competition. Just wanted to collaborate to the general wholesomeness and positivity of ESO !)
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

XeeleeFlower wrote:
bobabu wrote:Is it possible to gift games internationally?
Oof, I didn't even think of that. I suppose if the winner is in a location that doesn't allow me to gift them the game, I can send a gift card instead...?
Yes, that should work.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

1) You must have a Steam account
2) You must be willing to share your steam account with me so that I may gift it to you if you are chosen
3) You must post in this thread something either positive about this community or an individual in this community

1) I have a Steam Account
2) I'm not willing to share my steam account with you and I don't want your gift
3) I just want to take advantage of this moment to say that since I let @jesus3 get into my heart my life changed for good, and now i'm happier than ever before. He told me he loves Kanye's music just as much as Kanye loves Kanye.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

itt: ppl spamming their "thanks" while not even participating in the giveaway. rude af ngl

Also thanks to everyone who keeps posting interesting stuffs on the forum and supporting the development of my involuntary habit to check the forum for new posts. Also I've already preordered, I think that goes for most of the ppl you'll find on this forum.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Macedonia Lurker
Crossbow

Post by Lurker »

I'd like to thank the ESO community for keeping the aoe3 scene alive for a long period of time, and specially big thanks to the amazing players bringing new life in the already determined pvp meta, and as well thanks to Eaglemut for guiding me to the right people when I needed them the most.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote: (Also as a PhD student I'm super rich so don't include me in the competition. Just wanted to collaborate to the general wholesomeness and positivity of ESO !)
That's unusual. Aren't PhD students usually paid the minimum salary ?
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

i dont want the steam key, but im glad ur here xeelee. if not id be the only nice looking blonde person drinking alcohol daily
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@sebnan12 i thought somp was back
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote: (Also as a PhD student I'm super rich so don't include me in the competition. Just wanted to collaborate to the general wholesomeness and positivity of ESO !)
That's unusual. Aren't PhD students usually paid the minimum salary ?
I think he was being sarcastic :P
The second part is definitely serious (him not wanting/needing the key).