Age of Empires 3 definitive edition full gameplay video

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Age of Empires 3 definitive edition full gameplay video

Post by bobabu »

Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Re: Age of Empires 3 definitive edition full gameplay video

Post by bobabu »

So also new politicians that for example give infantry more Los. Also generally a lot of new information.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Why are you linking this again? Imperial Noob has already done so earlier today.
No Flag silky
Musketeer

Post by silky »

Possibly the worst player I've ever seen.
Death to gendarme-spammers.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

aaryngend wrote:Why are you linking this again? Imperial Noob has already done so earlier today.
How should I know this
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

aaryngend wrote:Why are you linking this again? Imperial Noob has already done so earlier today.
Does it violate nda. Because these are official channels.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

so are we now allowed to talk about content of youtube videos or is a mod gonna asap ban me for summarizing information?
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

bobabu wrote:
How should I know this
read forums?
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

bobabu wrote:
The community team is currently investigating through the official channels whether NDA's are being broken with these streams/videos. Currently posts on ESOC involving NDA'd content that has been shown in these videos is not being deleted, however that could change depending on the response from Microsoft. Posts that have information that has not been shown anywhere and is still under NDA is still subject to being moderated. Personally I would recommend to everyone to still be careful about what they post until we get official word and that is communicated to the forums.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Imperial Noob wrote:
bobabu wrote:
How should I know this
read forums?
Yes ofc before posting I have to read every comment or search the forums.
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

wardyb1 wrote:
bobabu wrote:
The community team is currently investigating through the official channels whether NDA's are being broken with these streams/videos. Currently posts on ESOC involving NDA'd content that has been shown in these videos is not being deleted, however that could change depending on the response from Microsoft. Posts that have information that has not been shown anywhere and is still under NDA is still subject to being moderated. Personally I would recommend to everyone to still be careful about what they post until we get official word and that is communicated to the forums.
So if I make a post that videos X and Y prove A, B and C, are you going to ban or not?
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

They can't take back what is already in the public domain, i.e. re-shared and talked about by people not under NDA.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

bobabu wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:
Show hidden quotes
read forums?
Yes ofc before posting I have to read every comment or search the forums.
you mean the penultimate page of the main news topic?
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

somp wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
So if I make a post that videos X and Y prove A, B and C, are you going to ban or not?
I think you would need to be more specific than that for me to really give you a good answer. At the moment you can talk about what is shown within these videos. If we find out later from Microsoft that they are breaking NDA, then posts will be removed and (speaking of my own volition here without talking to the rest of the team) I would suspect that bans would not be given out due to people fairly believing that the content shown has been lifted from NDA.

If content that has NOT been shown is talked about, that is still subject to the rules already outlined by ESOC regarding NDA'd content.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

Okay then trusting Wardyb can recap for lazy people not willing to watch German videos quick observations:

OP video:
-Port vill costs 85F
-Dragoon RR 20%
-Ports can age to colonial now also with 2 vills + 2 half-fattened cow, or you can age up with 900f and get +1 range to meleeinfantry or something? Idk my German is not good enough for this shit, seems you can also age up with hot air balloon for ur hero (???)
-Ports can age up with 7 tomas or with ronin/lil bombard availability to fortress
Maps: Indonesia, Ozarks, Kam, seems to be mix of RE/EP
-The streamer is garbage player

Sweden, source:
-There is some kind of Falun mine card that sends Schürfwagen that makes mines produce AND last longer (?)
-Sweden can send 2 cannons colonial that seem to do 40 dmg, 3x vs inf, deck can be seen here:
-Hunting house with some attack? They seem to work as EP tiipiis with gathering bonus
Always trainable Jäger with age up option, Planwagen I believe to be TC wagon.

Uhlan V2:
Age 2 you can go with arsenal+barracks wagon, interesting, no wood option, might be the best age up option?
Swedish musk, 18 attack but 1.5x ranged attack vs cav. Seems worse than normal musketeer to me?
Revolution deck with tons of crates, wood and animals? What do you do w/ this without vills? Me no understand. Revo with Finland <3

Gonna check incas tomorrow.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

somp wrote:Okay then trusting Wardyb can recap for lazy people not willing to watch German videos quick observations:

OP video:
-Port vill costs 85F
-Dragoon RR 20%
-Ports can age to colonial now also with 2 vills + 2 half-fattened cow, or you can age up with 900f and get +1 range to meleeinfantry or something? Idk my German is not good enough for this shit, seems you can also age up with hot air balloon for ur hero (???)
It says +1 range to infantry, not just melee infantry, it's the 900 :food: to age 2 politician "The logistician". Most importantly, you can train infantry units at your TCs afterwards too.
Yes, hot air balloon for your explorer.
somp wrote:Sweden, source:
-There is some kind of Falun mine card that sends Schürfwagen that makes mines produce AND last longer (?)
Yes, they last longer. It's a team card.
somp wrote:-Sweden can send 2 cannons colonial that seem to do 40 dmg, 3x vs inf, deck can be seen here:
Ye, those cannons seem to be like more OP chinese flamethrowers.
somp wrote:Image
-Hunting house with some attack? They seem to work as EP tiipiis with gathering bonus
Yes, they boost the eco, not just of hunts, but trees and mines too.
The attack is just for animals, not other units. They can't attack enemy units ^_^
Always trainable Jäger with age up option, Planwagen I believe to be TC wagon.
Not just Jäger, but also Black Riders too! Schwarze Reiter = Black Riders! Funnily enough, you don't train mercenaries in aoe3, you hire them at the saloon.
Planwagen are the covered wagons in american history, so yeah, in aoe3 terms it would be the TC wagon.
somp wrote:Uhlan V2:
Hakkapells have a ranged and a melee mode! I think you forgot to mention this very important detail :santa:

Age 2 you can go with arsenal+barracks wagon, interesting, no wood option, might be the best age up option?
Not barracks wagon, it's a military wagon so I'm fairly certain you can build a stable with it too. Same as the military rickshaw of the Japanese.
Revolution deck with tons of crates, wood and animals? What do you do w/ this without vills? Me no understand. Revo with Finland <3
Look at the Finnish description when revolting again :smile:
Basically, your settlers turn into Karelic hunters, being able to chop wood and collect resources from crates. They can also build block houses. Plus, the Finnish revolution option sends you 4 block house wagons immediately upon aging.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

lol, if Swede houses generate res like japan shrines, AND sweden is supposed to be a super aggro civ like ottos, it sounds like it's going to be pretty broken...
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

Incas get the wololo thing with priestess that can convert lol.
And poison archers and houses that produce food as well as 6 TC's in age 2
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

one kinda cool thing I noticed from the UI is that around 17:01 in that video, it tells you how much more wood you currently need in order to get an upgrade, rather than just telling you the total amount needed. nice for us math-challenged folks to calculate how much wood to chop for steel traps and things.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

It seems like the different Microsoft departments failed to communicate with each other, leading to the marketing department allowing some German content creators to post their reviews before this was meant to happen. Oh well, good for us :)
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

I still don't understand why we have 2 new civs, both with a house/eco bonus. Don't we have enough "eco house" civs already? I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but these civ bonuses do seem a bit disappointing.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Why is it okay that incas can magically convert opponent units, but offensive when they get to convert guardians lol
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Astaroth wrote:I still don't understand why we have 2 new civs, both with a house/eco bonus. Don't we have enough "eco house" civs already? I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but these civ bonuses do seem a bit disappointing.
I hope you like disappointment then, because I think you might have some more on release day :cry:
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Innovative idea: give Dutch banks +20pop each!
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.