Age of Empires 3 definitive edition full gameplay video

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Re: Age of Empires 3 definitive edition full gameplay video

Post by Imperial Noob »

ShinkuroYukinari wrote:
Colonel0tto wrote:From the video again - Sweden seem to get a 'repelling volley' style card that gives their special ranged anticav musketeers an additional +1 multiplier against hand cav, in addition to giving grenadier grenades an anticav multiplier...
Fix the Grenadier windup and imma onetrick Sweden for like 6 months :)
Grenadier animation has been fixed, as seen in the official trailer released some time ago
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

Imperial Noob wrote:
ShinkuroYukinari wrote:
Colonel0tto wrote:From the video again - Sweden seem to get a 'repelling volley' style card that gives their special ranged anticav musketeers an additional +1 multiplier against hand cav, in addition to giving grenadier grenades an anticav multiplier...
Fix the Grenadier windup and imma onetrick Sweden for like 6 months :)
Grenadier animation has been fixed, as seen in the official trailer released some time ago
POG
FUCKING
CHAMP
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Jerimuno wrote:This video is showing a different game mode, some sort of tutorial. You can see in the top right corner there is a primary goal set to advancing to the industrial age. @drsingh
Yes it was the tutorial. But still feels wierd to have only 2 politicians with wrong resources each age.
Hazza54321 wrote:
drsingh wrote:It's wierd, in one of these German videos. 2 colonial age politicians only required 500 food. And 2 fortress age politicians only required 500 food and 250 coin..
what does the 6th politician do
I'm not sure what he is saying or what is written..
But see if you can find what you want-

https://youtu.be/6wtVwRDdBwI
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

what is going on. why did microsoft decide to let a single German language streamer make reveal videos about DE features

is it in German so it doesn't get too widely spread? is this their idea of building hype?
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Squamiger wrote:what is going on. why did microsoft decide to let a single German language streamer make reveal videos about DE features

is it in German so it doesn't get too widely spread? is this their idea of building hype?
Germany > all :smile:
'nuff said :kinggreen:

I mean.. think back at the reveal of the Definitive Editions, that took place in Germany too. I see a correlation.
We have some germans here (me included), so just ask them if you have any questions concerning the videos, where Google Translate can't do the job.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Squamiger wrote:what is going on. why did microsoft decide to let a single German language streamer make reveal videos about DE features

I think Microsoft is allied with Kaiser Wilhelm
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

bobabu wrote:
Squamiger wrote:is anyone else afraid DE is going to be horribly unbalanced and fail miserably just like aoe3 did in 2005, but for different reasons

all because microsoft somehow couldn't manage to just stick to the formula of "better graphics + unlocked HC cards + EP changes", which is all anyone actually wanted
That's not what everyone wanted. That's what a lot of esoc players wanted. I don't think the game needs to be fully balanced. There were a lot of esoc changes that made the game more boring. Esoc is just a minority of age 3 most players will probably llike the new additions. Just current pro players won't.
but new / non competitive players would probably be satisfied by the better graphics I think. they just want to see the cannons go pew pew. even though some things in EP were controversial, I think it's widely agreed that it was necessary and important for the competitive scene. also, if you want your game to have popularity and longevity, you need a vibrant competitive scene, because twitch streaming high level play will always be the thing that keeps people coming back after they're bored of just watching cannons go pew pew
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

drsingh wrote:
Jerimuno wrote:This video is showing a different game mode, some sort of tutorial. You can see in the top right corner there is a primary goal set to advancing to the industrial age. @drsingh
Yes it was the tutorial. But still feels wierd to have only 2 politicians with wrong resources each age.
Hazza54321 wrote:
drsingh wrote:It's wierd, in one of these German videos. 2 colonial age politicians only required 500 food. And 2 fortress age politicians only required 500 food and 250 coin..
what does the 6th politician do
I'm not sure what he is saying or what is written..
But see if you can find what you want-

https://youtu.be/6wtVwRDdBwI
Can you link with a timestamp which part you don't understand? There is no 6th politican per age, maximum is 5.
No Flag spadel
Skirmisher

Post by spadel »

haha 500f age up for 2 settlers + 2 cows or outpost and 200g is both insane for brit xD you can just age asap, build houses during transition and ship 700w as first shipment with age up time of 2:30 :lol:

Edit: Okay the 3rd age up politicians are even more hillarious, it's obviously a feature of the so-called "Lernprogramm", which shall help beginners to explore the game.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

cannons go pew pew
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Rohbrot wrote:
chronique wrote:They did a good stuff on some point but they did at the same time a lot of bad one. And bad one matter more to us.
Its just like a complete new game with cartoon graphic and new units or old units with other design/stats.
I don't think the game looks cartoonish. Especially once you start deactivating the bloom etc. Age of Empires online was cartoonish and looked terrible.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Es wird wieder Deutsch gesprochen in der Welt.

No idea really, but I'm okay with it.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag silky
Musketeer

Post by silky »

Death to gendarme-spammers.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Oof, attacking ashi with pikes and comanches
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

2 things i noticed:
- they gave brits infinite 2 towers shipment lol.
- they renamed light infantry to shock infantry and the comanche tech affects them now
Colombia Arcuskike
Crossbow

Post by Arcuskike »

Did you see that stagecoach?? Did you see how does it move??
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

helln00 wrote: - they gave brits infinite 2 towers shipment lol.
Based off the videos that have been posted, it looks like most (if not all) the Euro civs have this card. It does make the card slightly more viable.
helln00 wrote: - they renamed light infantry to shock infantry and the comanche tech affects them now
This is a good change I think. Most people mistakenly believe that light infantry are skirmishers, xbows, etc instead of coyotes, rattans, and the like.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

"Light infantry" as a name was the single worst decision on TWC release, and that was the expansion that had age1 travois forward warhut iroquois and erks with 17 base damage and no skirm counter-multi