DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: DE list of issues

Post by Kaiserklein »

- Display players' civs and rating when loading the game, like on legacy.
Was already in the OP
Kawapasaka wrote:Yeah they stayed selected in the old game. I imagine anyone else who de-groups and dragboxes units away from main formations would also find this very annoying. I'd like to hear if anyone else has experienced this.
Yeah actually I see what you mean. Added into the OP
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany collect1onn
Musketeer
ESO: Collect1onN

Post by collect1onn »

toriancarconn wrote:[quote
collect1onn wrote:You cant sort your decks (Kinda sucks when you have Sup + Tr + DM at one HC mixed up)
You already couldn't on legacy, but that's a fair point anyway
You're right but I'd appreciate a feature to sort decks, too. And why do the names all have to be in capital letter now? In legacy one is able to name decks in small AND capital letters, as one pleases.[/quote]
Yeh i couldnt really sort them. Only by Date of making them. But since i could do serveral HC´s i had one for Sup and one for Tr so it was fine
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

I have a weird problem. When i pick many tp, i used the hotckey "find tp" for switching very fastly between res (spam fast your hotkey 3 times if you have 3 tp etc...) but for some reason, i can't do that on DE. If i spam the hotkey too fast, the hotkey didn't work, i need something like 1-2 sec between 2 activation of the hotkey. I suppose it's the same for other building but i don't use that way for rax/stable/foudry.

Am i alone with the kind of stuff?
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

chronique wrote:I have a weird problem. When i pick many tp, i used the hotckey "find tp" for switching very fastly between res (spam fast your hotkey 3 times if you have 3 tp etc...) but for some reason, i can't do that on DE. If i spam the hotkey too fast, the hotkey didn't work, i need something like 1-2 sec between 2 activation of the hotkey. I suppose it's the same for other building but i don't use that way for rax/stable/foudry.

Am i alone with the kind of stuff?
I have the same problem when I spam A hotkey for units sometimes it takes 2 seconds to work
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
United States of America kevthegooner
Crossbow
ESO: Henry_Knox

Post by kevthegooner »

Here is a bug that happened to me playing my second game yesterday:

In trying to look at my opponents deck I mistakenly clicked on the "report" player button. I could not "escape" from this window, nor could I actually select any of the options (at that point I was just trying to "wake" the game up). I had to control-alt-delete my way out of the game.

PS- FWIW my 15 ranked games have either been against total noobs or near-pros (one guy said he used to be a Lt. Col). I'm a middling player (ELO was 1600) so I hope this feature starts to assign more competitive games. Thrashing and getting thrashed is not super fun for anyone.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

There's no hotkey for the tribal marketplace if this hasnt been mentioned yet.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

kevthegooner wrote:Here is a bug that happened to me playing my second game yesterday:

In trying to look at my opponents deck I mistakenly clicked on the "report" player button. I could not "escape" from this window, nor could I actually select any of the options (at that point I was just trying to "wake" the game up). I had to control-alt-delete my way out of the game.

PS- FWIW my 15 ranked games have either been against total noobs or near-pros (one guy said he used to be a Lt. Col). I'm a middling player (ELO was 1600) so I hope this feature starts to assign more competitive games. Thrashing and getting thrashed is not super fun for anyone.
Its gonna be a few weeks for the ranks to even out, every starts at 1000
United States of America kevthegooner
Crossbow
ESO: Henry_Knox

Post by kevthegooner »

gibson wrote:Its gonna be a few weeks for the ranks to even out, every starts at 1000
Yeah that is what I was hoping was happening. As long as the intent is to match people up closely in the future (even if the ranks are chaos ATM). Thanks!
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

kevthegooner wrote:(one guy said he used to be a Lt. Col)
I think that was me? India vs French on Arizona (or whatever it's called now)?
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Lukas_L99 wrote:There's no hotkey for the tribal marketplace if this hasnt been mentioned yet.
It was, but two better than one!
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

:pop:
chronique wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:There's no hotkey for the tribal marketplace if this hasnt been mentioned yet.
It was, but two better than one!
Plop.
Spain pain train is real
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher
ESO: DrAzTiK

Post by draztik »

I have a issue : whatever level of zoom I set up in game options, it is always the farest zoom level witch is set up in game. It is quite annoying because I have to tweak the zoom level at the begining of each game with is quite time consuming... Nobody have this bug ?

Also yes, there is a 1 second delay when using hotkey I think.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@draztik everybody has this bug as far as i know. hotkeys don't lag for me though
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Australia DunBanner
Crossbow

Post by DunBanner »

Imperial Noob wrote:further SPC problems:
9. when an objective is completed, the sound of a "new objective discovered / quest added" is played.
10. at the end of a mission, 75% of the time there is no victory fanfare sound, only a silent victory screen. I've heard the fanfare correctly only once so far.
11. In some Art of War missions (it was definitely at the end of the warship one) there was no automatic return to the main menu or other feedback that the mission has been completed.
12. in the home city, the highlight colours of various shipment types are displayed only once you click a card, which is useless, because by that time you already have the mouse pointer on the card and can read what it does
13. In the first mission of Act 2 Ice the CDB in the purple village does not convert to the player
14. the shipments in Act 2 Ice are still bugged into wrong ages
15. extremely weird bug where I can't eat the sheep because they keep running away from the villagers or walking around, and sometimes I also see the Japanese "can't hunt" icon instead of the normal meat one.
16. In Act 2 Ice the advanced mill card has the icon of the advanced trading post
Adding to this, the "Reunion" cutscene at the end of Act II's "The Rescue" appears bugged, where Nonahkee just stays in the top corner.
Attachments
20201017161951_1.jpg
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

You call those issues?

You can copy revolt deck and use as your own normal deck, sending 4 gattlings or 16 militia as infinite age3 cards.

You can move fish

Gurkas have x6 bonus vs inf...

Also, they created a worse multiplayer interface then the HAMACHI I first used to play aoe3 online in 2006. Thats more frustrating then gattling guns.
Colombia King_Felipe
Crossbow
ESO: King_Pipe

Post by King_Felipe »

I don't know if this is already in the OP and if this happens to everybody or only me but when I try to browse a game it always like autorefresh or something and that doesn't allow me to scroll to see the games in the bottom of the list.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

- the elo system is bad.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Patch notes also seem to be redundant in some cases:
European Cannons shipment changed from “+20% warship attack and +5 warship range & line-of-sight” to “+20% warship attack and +2 warship range & line-of-sight”
Offshore Support shipment changed from “+20% warship attack and +5 warship range & line-of-sight” to “+20% warship attack and +2 warship range & line-of-sight”

Offshore Support and European Cannons cards now grant 15% Warship attack (down from 20%)
So what is it now? 15% or 20% attack? These two notes about Offshore Support and European Cannons should be in the same line, clarifying the correct value.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

im bad on DE
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Germany pix3lfehler
Crossbow
Donator 01
ESO: PiX3lFehLer

Post by pix3lfehler »

I have a camera control issue. I changed the camera movement keys to wasd. Now once i hit one of these keys, the camera never stops moving in that direction. When i then hit the key for the opposite direction, the camera stops, but can no longer be controlled by these keys.
This makes it super weird to play, because i'm used to this control. Did anyone encounter the same issue?

PS: I just noticed, you can't set arrow left / right as a hotkey, because they only switch between the "clear hotkey" and "cancel" buttons xD
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

pix3lfehler wrote:I have a camera control issue. I changed the camera movement keys to wasd. Now once i hit one of these keys, the camera never stops moving in that direction. When i then hit the key for the opposite direction, the camera stops, but can no longer be controlled by these keys.
This makes it super weird to play, because i'm used to this control. Did anyone encounter the same issue?

PS: I just noticed, you can't set arrow left / right as a hotkey, because they only switch between the "clear hotkey" and "cancel" buttons xD
lemmings121 wrote:You can copy revolt deck and use as your own normal deck, sending 4 gattlings or 16 militia as infinite age3 cards.
Added these
lemmings121 wrote:You can move fish
Can you clarify that one?
[Armag] diarouga wrote:- the elo system is bad.
That's subjective, besides we don't know if there's a special behaviour for elo in the first few games. I know they do that on Chess.com, so you reach your actual rating faster. We'll have to wait until we have more games and see
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by JulianK »

4/6 incan units cost wood and all of their natives that they can use without a post from sending an embassy card cost wood too. There is no map with a reasonable tree count for this civ in late game/treaty so i'd love to see some age 5 tech to change their cost from wood to coin & either a range upgrade or a siege buff for their huaraca unit as playing against art and buildings is a jokeeeee.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
https://v.redd.it/4knd5l6nekt51
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

:D
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Kaiserklein wrote:
pix3lfehler wrote:I have a camera control issue. I changed the camera movement keys to wasd. Now once i hit one of these keys, the camera never stops moving in that direction. When i then hit the key for the opposite direction, the camera stops, but can no longer be controlled by these keys.

lemmings121 wrote:You can copy revolt deck and use as your own normal deck, sending 4 gattlings or 16 militia as infinite age3 cards.
Added these
[Armag] diarouga wrote:- the elo system is bad.
That's subjective, besides we don't know if there's a special behaviour for elo in the first few games. I know they do that on Chess.com, so you reach your actual rating faster. We'll have to wait until we have more games and see
If it's like aoe2de and you win almost no elo when teamed up with a low elo mate then it's just bad, not subjective.