DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: DE list of issues

Post by fightinfrenchman »

spadel wrote:why the game needs so fking high RAM in order to properly work?
It was made badly
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Hazza54321 wrote:
Dolphincup wrote:I've hosted and queued 4 or 5 ranked team games where my teammates received a "failed to connect," and I was the only one to connect. Since I can't 1v3, we all get a free loss. It can still happen if we switch hosts, and I've seen this happen to the opponent team one time as well. I think it might have something to do with accessing the deck editor from ranked queue selection, but that might be totally irrelevant. Either way, it's a pretty critical issue imo.
Lol we queued in a 3v3 and me and castete failed to connect so we thought prinz had to 1v3, but it turned out that 2 of them failed to connect aswell so it was just a 1v1 lol
At least it was fair
No Flag big_bada
Crossbow
ESO: Big_bada

Post by big_bada »

Jotunir wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Dolphincup wrote:I've hosted and queued 4 or 5 ranked team games where my teammates received a "failed to connect," and I was the only one to connect. Since I can't 1v3, we all get a free loss. It can still happen if we switch hosts, and I've seen this happen to the opponent team one time as well. I think it might have something to do with accessing the deck editor from ranked queue selection, but that might be totally irrelevant. Either way, it's a pretty critical issue imo.
Lol we queued in a 3v3 and me and castete failed to connect so we thought prinz had to 1v3, but it turned out that 2 of them failed to connect aswell so it was just a 1v1 lol
At least it was fair
I've actually lost 13 games , 11 of them are crash (I've been the lucky guy playing 1v1 vs prince, but since it didnt show you were both out i just left) and one of them is an unplayable game hosted on the wonderful NA servor that was literally unplayable.

ATM the game is either get lamed by bug abuser or crash. It's just horrible. I can understand all the balances problems but i can't get the fact servors are totally broken.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

spadel wrote:Can anyone with some computer science background explain, why the game needs so fking high RAM in order to properly work? I could play SC2, Dota2 and TAD on highest settings with no problems at all. But DE is just IMPOSSIBLE with 8GB of RAM. Even on lowest settings it is way worse than TAD is with highest settings, even though it looks not nearly as detailed. Where exactly did they mess this up?
The problem lies in the fact that Aoe3 is an old game built on an engine that is not able to make use of the benefits of a modern system, such as multiple cores. If you're playing games with enormous armies, detailed graphics or you play games for hours on end, the game will eventually reach its memory limit and crash. There is no solution for this.

They messed up the game by adding 4K graphics, reworked 3D models with extra details and all that :wood: to an engine that is simply not able to support it. They should have upgraded the engine first but they did not.
No Flag spadel
Skirmisher

Post by spadel »

Maybe I misunderstand the concept, but shouldn’t a game optimized for today‘s modern engines also be more efficient on an old engine? Like I see the point, that if you want to play in HD or something an old engine can’t handle it computationally. But given the same resolution as TAD, I would have expected the game to run at least as smooth on a rather old engine than TAD did.

Edit: Ah I see, with engine you are not referring to a computer but to the game engine. Makes sense then.
No Flag big_bada
Crossbow

Post by big_bada »

big_bada wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
Show hidden quotes
At least it was fair
I've actually lost 13 games , 11 of them are crash (I've been the lucky guy playing 1v1 vs prince, but since it didnt show you were both out i just left) and one of them is an unplayable game hosted on the wonderful NA servor that was literally unplayable.

ATM the game is either get lamed by bug abuser or crash. It's just horrible. I can understand all the balances problems but i can't get the fact servors are totally broken.
I also got one game that crashed which counted twice in my elo
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

today I wanted to sent someone 300w to rebuild an artillery foundry, unfortunately you cant click on food/wood/gold to tribute anymore so I had to choose one of the top right buttons. I clicked diplomacy so quickly closed it and picked the other button. then the game crashed, guess I clicked too fast. rip
Australia DunBanner
Crossbow

Post by DunBanner »

Kaiserklein wrote:
DunBanner wrote:Not sure how this happens, but an entire row of War Academy upgrades disappeared when I hit or was doing something in the Imperial Age.
I didn't manage to reproduce it. Sadly I don't think adding bugs we can't reprduce to this already long list of bugs is a good idea. If anyone figures what triggers that behaviour, I'll add it.
Following up on this, it seems related to researching the Hill Castle upgrade after sending the Confucius’s Gift HC card, somehow pushing down the row of upgrades?
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

I just realised that this is actually a very old bug cause I remember it being a thing in TAD as well and yeah it had the same source, the castle upgrade after Confucius's gift.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Lol so watching a replay now grants you achievements too? xD
This just happened to me, I got the "Revive your fallen Explorer" one...
I tried to beat @_H2O in never earning that achievement.. and now I got tricked like this :mad:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

aaryngend wrote:Lol so watching a replay now grants you achievements too? xD
This just happened to me, I got the "Revive your fallen Explorer" one...
I tried to beat H2O in never earning that achievement.. and now I got tricked like this :mad:
Must be reported!
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag big_bada
Crossbow

Post by big_bada »

so do anyono know if there gonna be a hotfix for servor or if the game is dead for a month while we are waiting for a patch ??
France Syphax
Crossbow

Post by Syphax »

Guys have you noticed a new "cheap" feature or a bug when you try to collect food on a sheep?
Sometime the sheep want escape, and the vills give up and stay idle.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

Syphax wrote:Guys have you noticed a new "cheap" feature or a bug when you try to collect food on a sheep?
this is a feature and not a bug. animals running away is way more realistic, so i for one appreaciate this accurate depiction of reality.
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Post by toriancarconn »

knusch wrote:
Syphax wrote:Guys have you noticed a new "cheap" feature or a bug when you try to collect food on a sheep?
this is a feature and not a bug. animals running away is way more realistic, so i for one appreaciate this accurate depiction of reality.
I so agree. Back then they didn't have tranquilizers and "death" machines for sheep. They actually had to hold the animal and cut its throat. Those nasty beasts, trying to escape their destiny.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Isnt that herdables have to be collected under a tc or something? maybe its a an aoe 2 reference, considering that aoe 2 is reskining their hand cannons as muskets
France Syphax
Crossbow

Post by Syphax »

I don't know if it's bug or not, it was impossible to collect sometimes. Vill stay idle and the idle vill flag does not appear.

Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Post by toriancarconn »

Syphax wrote:I don't know if it's bug or not, it was impossible to collect sometimes. Vill stay idle and the idle vill flag does not appear.

lol, this is grand cinema.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

toriancarconn wrote:
Syphax wrote:I don't know if it's bug or not, it was impossible to collect sometimes. Vill stay idle and the idle vill flag does not appear.

lol, this is grand cinema.
Trees are breathing! :export:
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

No Flag iamgaming
Musketeer

Post by iamgaming »

If you order vill to gather herdables at pen or TC, herdables don’t run away. They run away(go to TC, and then return to their former position, exactly) when you gather them at far away from pen or TC. It seems that they made herdable act like this for campaign which we should collect sheeps, not concered normal games. Day after day, new bugs are found. Very disappointing.
Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by JulianK »

If you press edit deck while being in a ranked queue the game can crash and disconnect you from your windows account while also crashing the pc. That forces you to use a backup you hopefully have from the past unless you intended to buy a new pc anyway.
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher
ESO: DrAzTiK

Post by draztik »

spadel wrote:Can anyone with some computer science background explain, why the game needs so fking high RAM in order to properly work? I could play SC2, Dota2 and TAD on highest settings with no problems at all. But DE is just IMPOSSIBLE with 8GB of RAM. Even on lowest settings it is way worse than TAD is with highest settings, even though it looks not nearly as detailed. Where exactly did they mess this up?
I have upgraded my ram yesterday, from 8gb to 16 gb and it is far way better.

To the populace : please don't play online if you don't have a powerfull computer because it is going to lag a lot.

Thank you

edit : a good internet connection is also appreciated.
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Post by j_t_kirk »

You can can copy decks from revolutionary civs, add/chance cards in the home city editor and use them in multiplayer matches without revolting... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
ImageImageImage
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

j_t_kirk wrote:Image

You can can copy decks from revolutionary civs, add/chance cards in the home city editor and use them in multiplayer matches without revolting... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Tasty!
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky